• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I joined this forum I stated something to the effect that I wasn't an AR fan and can't say that I am yet..But I sure have learned more than I would have ever learned had I not joined. I didn't even know that they made them in anything but 223. Never dreamed you could build one from scratch. Learned alot of cal. I had never heard about even though they had probally been around for awhile...I must admit that before joining here I had said more than 1 time I would'nt own one ,they aren't good for anything...Well things change even for an old fart..Still don't know if I wil ever own one because that will just be another gun I won't be able to shoot as much as I woud like...BUT:smile:

statdoc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We all have gaps in our knowledge that need to be filled.

what_you_know_piechart.jpg

Attachments

• what_you_know_piechart.jpg
      what_you_know_piechart.jpg
      21 KB · Views: 150

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yes the Modern Hunting rifle has alot of capabilities and advantages over other platforms...not that they are better but certainly should be considered for ones application. If you own one lower you can have 15 or so uppers in a variety of calibers that can be pinned to it. The lower is the only "registered" part of an AR and for $200-250 you can drop in a great trigger just for you and use it with all your calibers you want to own.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    See, moving south to a "free state" got you away from the brainwashing about how evil and unnecessary for the common man the AR platform is...

The next time we have a group shoot up at oneshot's place you need to come and play with some of America's favorite rifles. There is sure to be different flavors and set-ups to try out. I'll have ARs in 4 different calibers for you to try. Like Piers Morgan - you will suffer from the AR-15 grin after shooting a few...

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll be back down in Oct for 6 months and might just take you up on that offer. Love to get together with some of the people I have been talking with since joining the forum. Thank you very much for that offer.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When you get back down we will get you hooked... :D

I don't have near the number some of these guys have but I just completed my first build and the damn then even works.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks John I'll be looking forward to it. Don't you just love it when a plan comes together,Oh I mean a gun.

Top Bottom