• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm seriously thinking of getting one of the CETME C kits.....Only issue wouid be finding someone who can do the build, without it getting stupid expensive.

Is there anyone in the Panhandle that has the capability to build one up? With the kits running $109.00 right now, would need to get the receiver flat, barrel and barrel pin, just wondering if it would be cheaper financially, then buying one already built. I like the look of the wood stock and all, and would want it to have the bayonet lug, and no optic rails (Since it didn't have one originally). Basically build it in a classic military configuration.

Just kicking ideas around........

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    where are kits 109 dollars?

big jon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    sarco has receivers for 200 bucks a bolt and a few more parts and you can put it together yourself

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm seriously thinking of getting one of the CETME C kits.....Only issue wouid be finding someone who can do the build, without it getting stupid expensive.

Is there anyone in the Panhandle that has the capability to build one up? With the kits running $109.00 right now, would need to get the receiver flat, barrel and barrel pin, just wondering if it would be cheaper financially, then buying one already built. I like the look of the wood stock and all, and would want it to have the bayonet lug, and no optic rails (Since it didn't have one originally). Basically build it in a classic military configuration.

Just kicking ideas around........
    Was kinda hoping this would grow a little bigger..

Those stocks on those kits are beautiful.. The wood stocked G3s/CETMEs really walk the line between old World guns and the modern plastic/metal looks.

I have not pulled the trigger on getting one so it will be interesting to see what you do.

So it looks like the you have to send at least 300 for your kit and a rolled receiver.. Not certain what other parts you need??

Looks like assembled rifles are selling in the 800 range on gun broker..

This is neat shows someone (this guy is a Florida person to boot) rolling one of those stamped receivers.

Do not see alot of people building those.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So wanted to learn alittle more on building of these. Did not see a clear winner. But this guy does a pretty good overview on how he build his. Now not the most exciting of videos, but it shows some of the details one needs to look at.

He has some others on looking at the trigger group and the bolt gaps.

Where as it does not look super hard (IE M53 build tough) it does look like there are some tricks. Also I can see myself having to order more then one kit knowing I would muck up a few parts.

You know, off hand, it does make buying a built gun for 800 seem alot cheaper. :)

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It would be like me doing an 80% lower. It would become a 100% paperweight... "a man has to know his limitations "

Yeah, I do know what you mean..

Also to be fair its like anything. The 1st few of anything will never be as good as what you will do after that.

Hey let me ask, looking at the rifle you posted in your photo (The C308) Can you easily install those CETME wooden grips and stock?????

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Yeah, I do know what you mean..

Also to be fair its like anything. The 1st few of anything will never be as good as what you will do after that.

Hey let me ask, looking at the rifle you posted in your photo (The C308) Can you easily install those CETME wooden grips and stock?????
    It looks like it. Mine appears to have lots of cetme parts on it. The reciever and barrel and top rail are new but the bolt, ch, gas system, springs etc seem to me to be good/new surplus parts. Also it hates the cheap aluminum hk mags, loves the cetme steel ones. Using the hk mags is like playing basketball with a football on mine. Uses the hk navy poly trigger housing.
    For what it is, it's a great shooter. Loves wolf fmj and sp. Never had a stoppage, misfeed, fte, ftf etc. Just. Bang,bang,bang. Until empty. In all seriousness I would chose it in a emergency with no reservations about it going bang AND hitting the target. I also use synthetic grease not oil. Just something Bill suggested and it works Great( thanks Bill, miss ya)
    Kills deer just fine, lol. Plus I like messing with the Fudds at camp.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It looks like it. Mine appears to have lots of cetme parts on it. The reciever and barrel and top rail are new but the bolt, ch, gas system, springs etc seem to me to be good/new surplus parts. Also it hates the cheap aluminum hk mags, loves the cetme steel ones. Using the hk mags is like playing basketball with a football on mine. Uses the hk navy poly trigger housing.
    For what it is, it's a great shooter. Loves wolf fmj and sp. Never had a stoppage, misfeed, fte, ftf etc. Just. Bang,bang,bang. Until empty. In all seriousness I would chose it in a emergency with no reservations about it going bang AND hitting the target. I also use synthetic grease not oil. Just something Bill suggested and it works Great( thanks Bill, miss ya)
    Kills deer just fine, lol. Plus I like messing with the Fudds at camp.
    Thanks for your insights

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Was kinda hoping this would grow a little bigger..

Those stocks on those kits are beautiful.. The wood stocked G3s/CETMEs really walk the line between old World guns and the modern plastic/metal looks.

I have not pulled the trigger on getting one so it will be interesting to see what you do.

So it looks like the you have to send at least 300 for your kit and a rolled receiver.. Not certain what other parts you need??

Looks like assembled rifles are selling in the 800 range on gun broker..

This is neat shows someone (this guy is a Florida person to boot) rolling one of those stamped receivers.

Do not see alot of people building those.

Where, I just looked and all I see are CETME L's in the $1100.00 and up range. There are some CETME C barreled receivers going for $749.00.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pleased with the C308. It dosent have the pedigree of the others. But goes bang. Ymmv.

There are so darn many paths and variations in the CETME /G3 story that it does make it tough to even start.

One of the cooler ones is the MARS variation. And with just a little over 1000 imported there are variations on these. Its near mind numbing.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well I went ahead and ordered one of the parts kits. We'll see how it goes from there. I've got a buddy that is giving me a bayonet, sling and magazine for it, for free.

It'll give me something to tinker with when we move back in the house at the end of the month.

I love the look of the CETME C with the wooden stock and all. Looks like what an old school firearm should look like.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well I went ahead and ordered one of the parts kits. We'll see how it goes from there. I've got a buddy that is giving me a bayonet, sling and magazine for it, for free.

It'll give me something to tinker with when we move back in the house at the end of the month.

I love the look of the CETME C with the wooden stock and all. Looks like what an old school firearm should look like.
    You going to get a finished rolled receiver or try to roll it yourself from a flat??

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

If ya decide not to build it, I'll buy the parts from ya! Win-win.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pre rolled......Why you ask? I couldn't even roll a decent funny cigarette when I was a kid.....Not going to chance rolling something that goes boom! LOL!

ha ha.. I was just asking.

Did not know how hard core you were going to be. From what I saw some of these guys will spend almost as much to get the tools to roll one as if they just broke down and purchased a professionally rolled receiver.

Well good luck. Drop an update on your build. Will be fun to see..

Top Bottom