• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nick

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hello all. I recently got my 1911 cerakoted and thought I'd share some pics with you guys. The slide and small parts are graphite black and the frame is sniper grey. I'm diggin' it! It actually looks way better in person. The work was done by Gulf Coast Shooting in Mobile.

Hossfly72

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I may have to save up and have the Witness done up. The Wonder finish isn't looking so good these days.

Nick

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I may have to save up and have the Witness done up. The Wonder finish isn't looking so good these days.

Go for it man. So far, I'm sold on cerakote. It really is a quality looking finish. It gave my 1911 a true custom look.

Emcm2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    It would break my heart to cover my DE in any color she's just plain purty the way she is
    image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      54.9 KB · Views: 340

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looks great, was getting some stuff transferred at alabama holster down the road and he mentioned that they would be doing that as well at there shop. Wasn't sure on pricing though. What did you pay for yours? Keep thinking about getting my colt done.

Nick

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looks great, was getting some stuff transferred at alabama holster down the road and he mentioned that they would be doing that as well at there shop. Wasn't sure on pricing though. What did you pay for yours? Keep thinking about getting my colt done.
    I wasn't aware that Alabama Holster did cerakote. I might have went with them instead of going to Mobile. But I am definitely pleased with the work GCS did for me. I can wholeheartedly recommend them. Since I brought them a completely disassembled pistol, they only charged me $150. I just brought the small parts with me. It's probably closer to $200 if they have to take a pistol apart and put it back together.

Emcm2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    But I got to say your looks awesome I've been looking at Cerakoting I've seen porcelain coating on guns and hydro dipping

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wasn't aware that Alabama Holster did cerakote. I might have went with them instead of going to Mobile. But I am definitely pleased with the work GCS did for me. I can wholeheartedly recommend them. Since I brought them a completely disassembled pistol, they only charged me $150. I just brought the small parts with me. It's probably closer to $200 if they have to take a pistol apart and put it back together.

I'm not sure if they had started yet, when I was there I was talking to him about seeing if they did any hot blueing, they said they didn't but they would being doing cerakote pretty soon, was probably over a month since I was there. I'll have to go check and see about getting my 1911 done, I was wanting to do a dark grey on it.
    Yours looks great.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    is $175 a good price for cerakote? I have a new G34 I wanted to get done but seems a little high.

Nick

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not sure if they had started yet, when I was there I was talking to him about seeing if they did any hot blueing, they said they didn't but they would being doing cerakote pretty soon, was probably over a month since I was there. I'll have to go check and see about getting my 1911 done, I was wanting to do a dark grey on it.
    Yours looks great.

Thanks man. I saw a 1911 with a sniper grey slide and frame with graphite black small parts and it looked awesome!

Top Bottom