• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Received our census letter in the mail today directing me to answer question on their web site. Filled out that "Male Occupant" and "Female Occupant" reside at this address. Left all other questions unanswered. I figured out that the first time you leave them blank if puts the screen back up and asks you to supply the information (like it is required). If you submit the blank page the second time, it accepts it and continues on. They are attempting to fool you into believing you MUST answer the questions.

Just an FYI.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the tip. I just got the little blue card 3rd notice from them so I suppose I ought to go ahead and take care of it. Either that or wait to see if they'll send someone to my home for me to fake-cough on.;)

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Thanks for the tip. I just got the little blue card 3rd notice from them so I suppose I ought to go ahead and take care of it. Either that or wait to see if they'll send someone to my home for me to fake-cough on.;)

I round filed mine also, but it said if they got no reply, a written one would be mailed out....I will fill 5-7 questions out on it, but no on-line crap....

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Received our census letter in the mail today directing me to answer question on their web site. Filled out that "Male Occupant" and "Female Occupant" reside at this address. Left all other questions unanswered. I figured out that the first time you leave them blank if puts the screen back up and asks you to supply the information (like it is required). If you submit the blank page the second time, it accepts it and continues on. They are attempting to fool you into believing you MUST answer the questions.

Just an FYI.

Thanks for that tip. I've received 3 notices by mail already, each directing me to the website. I attempted to "complete" it online the other day, but I stopped when it insisted on a name. After reading your post I went online and followed your lead.. I entered. "Male & Female Resident" and submitted the following (blank) pages twice and they were accepted. I'm sure I'll eventually get an in-person visit but this is all the information I will supply.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    My mom talked to someone. Said if you don't submit by april 30, they will come door to door to help you fill it out. I got a white card and a blue card now telling me it's the law.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    My mom talked to someone. Said if you don't submit by april 30, they will come door to door to help you fill it out. I got a white card and a blue card now telling me it's the law.

the one I got said a form will be mailed if the online is not done... wonder how many are willing to brave cv19 exposure for $15/hr?

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I filled the whole thing out as I didn't really see anything (such as-how many guns in home or how are they stored) that seemed all that invasive to me. I understand the point that some of the questions are not required but it seems to me that not answering them all may cause closer scrutiny than you may really want. I also work for the govt so that gives them leverage over me that a lot of people don't have to worry about. I doubt I'll be here when the next one is sent out in 10 years anyway.

Top Bottom