• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oneshot

Master
    Go to the FWB office it less time in the lone run, Hard cards have big return rate,. And mail in will take longer, the FWB sends theirs over night every day to Tall. They told me last week that Tall. was doing a better job at getting them out now. Just my 2 cents jj

flightmedic

Shooter
    It may or may not be an option for you; I took my paperwork (Alabama LE Certification and letter from my Department Firearms Instructor) [but a CCW course or DD 214 (or equiv training)] and made an appointment in Tallahassee at the Main Site. I was able to get an appointment within a two week time frame when it was taking up to 90 days in FWB (2 years ago). They took care of everything on site and I got my license in about 10 days.

Milesvdustin

Expert
    That's a hell of a drive for my wife. I already have my license, I'm trying to get her one. I think I'll send her to the sheriffs office on Monday with all the paperwork, and just mail it in.

Scrooge

Marksman
    Thanks Signal25; sounds reasonable. GF has appt 16 May; glad to hear turn around from Tallahassee is that fast - I told her it may take a few mos....

Scrooge

Marksman
    That's a hell of a drive for my wife. I already have my license, I'm trying to get her one. I think I'll send her to the sheriffs office on Monday with all the paperwork, and just mail it in.

If ECSO isn't still doing it (a friend at SO told me they weren't) PPD is.... just call training 850-435-1960

FelixH

Expert
    Girlfriend called the Ft. Walton office this morning to get an appointment. First available date was August 1.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Girlfriend called the Ft. Walton office this morning to get an appointment. First available date was August 1.

Felix,

Call back at least once a week to see if your apt can be moved up. My wife made an apt a few weeks ago and hers was not till July. She called back twice and got it moved up to the middle of May. They get openings periodically from cancelations etc...

doc92

Expert
    I wish the head of the Dept of Agriculture was still the same. I'll always keep my CCW with the name Charles Bronson on it.

Zeus

Banned For Life
    I renewed mine 2 weeks ago. Called FWB to schedule an appointment. I got in 2 days latter, walked in sat down had my pic taken and had it in hand and was heading out the door in under 10 minutes. It was worth the drive. They said they might set up online renewal before the next time I need it.

TURTLE

Marksman
    Sounds like the word got out about FWB. My wife got her appointment in 2 weeks and had her CCW in hand in 3 1/2 weeks.

jclark77

Shooter
    Excellent link, Grav. I just recently mailed off my application package on 3/22. We'll see how it goes...

Bean Counter

Marksman
    Went to the last Pensacola show and took the course. Mailed in the Monday after. Got it last Monday, wife got hers the Friday before that.

jclark77

Shooter
    Just an update for anyone curious about current wait times: I mailed my application on 3/22 and the check is showing as "pending" on my bank website today (5/02). I assume they process payment before they do anything else, so that means it is almost six weeks to the day before they open the application to look at it. My app is still untrackable through the tracking system on the FL Department of Agriculture website. Just glad to see some progress with my app. I was getting a little worried.

DMurphy

Shooter
    Just checked my status and it is

We sincerely regret the long delay in processing time. We are receiving record numbers of applications for new concealed weapon licenses, and this high demand is affecting our application processing time.

We have received your application, and it is currently being processed. You should be aware that by law our division has 90 days from the date on which we receive a complete application to either issue a license or deny the application. The 90-day time clock will be suspended if your application is found to be INCOMPLETE. The 90-day time clock will also be suspended if your background check results are inconclusive. If we need additional information or documentation from you to make your application complete or to resolve a background check issue, we will notify you by mail.

Is this the standard in process or is this new.

I think I put it in the mail on 4/19, Check cleared Monday this week.

jclark77

Shooter
    That is hopeful. Maybe that means mine is only a few weeks out. My check posted, but it still isn't showing up in their tracking system.

itsazonik

Expert
    My friend kept checking and it never showed up in their tracking system then one day it just showed up

jclark77

Shooter
    Just checked my status and it is

We sincerely regret the long delay in processing time. We are receiving record numbers of applications for new concealed weapon licenses, and this high demand is affecting our application processing time.

We have received your application, and it is currently being processed. You should be aware that by law our division has 90 days from the date on which we receive a complete application to either issue a license or deny the application. The 90-day time clock will be suspended if your application is found to be INCOMPLETE. The 90-day time clock will also be suspended if your background check results are inconclusive. If we need additional information or documentation from you to make your application complete or to resolve a background check issue, we will notify you by mail.

Is this the standard in process or is this new.

I think I put it in the mail on 4/19, Check cleared Monday this week.

I've been checking mine daily and it just showed up in the tracking system with this same message today.

robert49r

Shooter
    Sounds a lot better than mine, I called last November or December and they told me march 15. I mailed mine in and had it back by January. Not a bad turn around especially considering the frenzy that was going on at the time. Good luck.

Top Bottom