Target Sports

Burris Eliminator Range finding scope (disapointment)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So I have a new Burris range finding scope on my remington .308 model 700. I finally had time the other day to sight it in. The setup was about average expected pain it the a**.And at 300 yards does great. But Honestly i dont need the electronics part for a 300 yard shot and it say will work upto 800 yards.Yea well it might but at 500 yards the glass is not good enough to make a good shot. It is like its not zooming good enough? I would say spend the money on a good optics and save the money spent on the electronics part. If you have any questions feel fee to ask.

Attachments

• gun rem 700 grip.jpg
      gun rem 700 grip.jpg
      91.4 KB · Views: 412
    Last edited:

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've seen several of the Burris scopes, and like them. Clear/Bright optics. But know nothing about the electronic parts and how they work. All I'm really interested in is seeing what I'm shooting, whether dark or daylight. :) As for the Rangefinder capabilties, I perfer the sight box. You know where "if it fits inbetween these lines, it's x amount of yards away, and so on. I use a Kahles and the old wideangle Redfield scope. The Redfield has the built in range finder. Very accurate scope.
    But doesn't your Burris come with a Lifetime warranty?

Stanley13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've seen several of the Burris scopes, and like them. Clear/Bright optics. But know nothing about the electronic parts and how they work. All I'm really interested in is seeing what I'm shooting, whether dark or daylight. :) As for the Rangefinder capabilties, I perfer the sight box. You know where "if it fits inbetween these lines, it's x amount of yards away, and so on. I use a Kahles and the old wideangle Redfield scope. The Redfield has the built in range finder. Very accurate scope.
    But doesn't your Burris come with a Lifetime warranty?

Ill have to look and see if it come with a life time warranty, but I dont think it is functioning improper.Just not very good zoom. I think they put all the money into the electronics and less on the glass? And i was thinking it would be nice for my Fiance to use on the power lines so she doesnt need to be a sniper spotter to shoot 400 yards but not likely possible as i had hoped. So im gonna put her on a short plot with a 30-30 and iron sights!!

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I hear ya. But you can't do the girl like that, open sights. lol. Be funny she out shoots you tho. But you can always blame it on your scope. lol
    I'd still find out about the warranty, especially if it's manufacturer defect. Burris isn't cheap anymore. I remember when they were. I have no Burris, I just like their tactical recticles. I have the Kahles, Redfield, Leupold, Docter, and Zeiss. All life time warranty. Not sure about the Redfield, it's a 1970's vintage.

Richard J.

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Have a couple of friends that had them. They planned on hunting long range out west with it. Did not suit there needs. Claimed it was not accurate at longer ranges. Dont know if it was them or the scope. Both of these guys have everything covered in Burris. One contacted Burris but I dont know the results. I do know that both guys are very accurated long range shooters. Might be seeing them over x-mas if I can get out of Florida. Hate to leave this warm weather. Love living down here. If I can fing out anything I will post it for you.

RJ

Richard J.

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Called one of my friends and he said that the glass was just ok but the range finder wasnt as accurate as his hand held. He is shooting a 338 I believe. Said it is right on to about 275 yds then starts to go off. The longer the range the more it is off. Hope this helps. Couldnt get a hold of the one that called Burris.

RJ

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Stanly...oh Stanly......taking another look at the above pic of your Tacti-cool bolt gun makes me come up with a question. Is that some kind of attachment to the barrel of the weapon just forward of the forearm ?? It looks to be some kind of light,laser,or could be a photon torpedo launcher.

This is probably why you are the coolest dooooode on this forum. I would gladly explain why you should never,ever,do this but will see if you ask nicely. Peace Bubba --- SAWMAN

Stanley13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A nicely is not gonna happen! And it was a sig saur 700 lumens lights red laser vertical forward grip combo that also strobes and it is on a picatany rail. It was on a tactical gun with a 20inch barrel but traded that gun for a 26inch barrel Remington 700 in .308 and put the Burris on it because it's meant for a semi long range gun obviously.And Im always glad to amuse at any cost!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    What was wrong with the 20" bbl gun. Not accurate enough huh ?? I bet the longer bbl will shoot "farther" right ?? I was looking for one of them in 308. Should have let me know. Are we still buds ?? --- SAWMAN

Stanley13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What was wrong with the 20" bbl gun. Not accurate enough huh ?? I bet the longer bbl will shoot "farther" right ?? I was looking for one of them in 308. Should have let me know. Are we still buds ?? --- SAWMAN

Yea it was more about wanting the long range look. The 20inch barrel shot great at @350 yards but that's the furthest I pulled the trigger at. Scoped a 500 yard shot while sighting in the .50 but the Burris was not good enough zoom for me to shoot the beer can at that distance. O and of course we r still buds ur right there on top of my LIST hahahahahahah

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Hi ya Stan ........... just wondering what you found bad about that Burris Eliminator ?? Never used one and don't know anyone that has.

That is ..... except you .....kinda. --- SAWMAN

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have one but it's the Brand New Model... Yours looks pretty old...

I love it. I even put my own calculated subsonic data in it and it does great... Worth ever penny...

I have it mounted on my Savage 308 Hog Hunter 20" 1:10 twist.

Stanley13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    FYI this a post from 2012. So yes Kendive this was the first model they came out with. Sucked hard. Sawman the simple version was that the x9 zoom or whever it had was about like looking through a x6 zoom scope even when zoomed all in. So it could calculate drop for upto 800 yards but I could only see target at 300 comfortably if I'm remembering correctly. And I can calculate my own drop that short a distance!

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yes easy to calculate drop... I like having the built in range finder...

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I really believe that with some extremely flat shooting,long bbl'ed 6.5 chambering,this scope would be a real hoot to play with. --- SAWMAN

Top Bottom