• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I see oddly enough, Maverick versions of the Mossberg 500 bullpup on GB quite often, and reasonably priced at that.

To clarify, Mossberg made 500 bullpups for a limited time (I have one) but I didn't know about the Maverick versions until recently.

Last edited:

dirtysouth

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I see oddly enough, Maverick versions of the Mossberg 500 bullpup on GB quite often, and reasonably priced at that.

To clarify, Mossberg made 500 bullpups for a limited time (I have one) but I didn't know about the Maverick versions until recently.

K, I'm not the smartest guy you know... What's a Maverick version of a Mossberg 500? I googled it and all I see is 500's with pistol grips and I already have one of them.

Steve

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OK, so Maverick is Mossberg's low end line. They make the Maverick 88, which looks identical to the Mossberg 500. I've got one of them, and really it looks just like my 500s. I think the main thing is that the receiver is not drilled and tapped (for a picatinny rail), but a 500 is. And they are probably made in Mexico or something, I don't really know, or care.

Now for about 7 years, Mossberg 500s were available in a factory bullpup (see Wikipedia for the years). I have one, but they are hard to find these days. I have a friend that always covets it, so I keep an eye out for him. While doing so, I came across the same gun on GB, a 12 GA bullpup, but it was marked Maverick, and not Mossberg. I've seen two of them recently, and IIRC they were --uh-$500 or so? Not a bad deal in my eyes.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sure, no problem

I might be interested in wareagle's 870 if your not. Just something different, I was thinking about bullpupping one. Since I already have the mossberg one

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    While on the 870 bullpup subject, is there any reason it could not be converted to accept a 1100 ? I see they don't offer one for the 1100.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Saiga 12gauge Bullpup SEMI auto

Pump bullpups are annoying to me.
    Here is a pic of my Saiga12 semi auto with removable mags an drum in a Kushnapup Bullpup conversion
    Its works flawlessly and so compact yet has a full length barrel!
    I have considered tradeing it lately since the coolness has worn off and i have no practical use for it?
    Just haveing a problem deciding what its worth to me so i havent posted it formally for sale/trade yet.

Attachments

• Saiga12.jpg
      Saiga12.jpg
      52.6 KB · Views: 152

Iwb4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Check out Black Aces Tactical. They make some awesome stuff based on mossbergs. They may make a bullpup.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Here is a pic of my Saiga12 semi auto with removable mags an drum in a Kushnapup Bullpup conversion
    I have considered tradeing it lately since the coolness has worn off and i have no practical use for it?
    Just haveing a problem deciding what its worth to me so i havent posted it formally for sale/trade yet.

That's really neat. Did you do the conversion and all the work yourself? I'd be interested for the right price.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's really neat. Did you do the conversion and all the work yourself? I'd be interested for the right price.

Yes I got kit new in box from a member on here and did the conversion Myself.
    Had a hicup on first run but got it all worked out with one tweek.
    And im more of a trader so price would b a trade value prolly.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Yes I got kit new in box from a member on here and did the conversion Myself.
    Had a hicup on first run but got it all worked out with one tweek.
    And im more of a trader so price would b a trade value prolly.

That's so cool! You get an unconverted saiga, and the stock, and that's it!
    I've always wanted a Saiga, but was always put off by the whole conversion thing.
    Why haven't I known about these?
    PM me and let me know what you're interested in as far as trade, I'm a trader too, I usually just put the value at whatever I've got into stuff, I don't try to make money , but don't really want to lose my butt either, although, I will sometimes take a hit if I'm in a hurry. So yeah, PM me, let me know.
    Sorry for the hijack, Dirty.

Jherexx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Cool shotgun, looks like it would work for 3-gun, if you were into it. I wonder if the Chineese Catamount Furies (Saiga clone) would also fit in that Kushnapup stock?

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom