• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Just a quick question for you seasoned reloaders. I'm new to reloading and want to start amassing a collection of spent brass. Is it frowned upon to go to the range and sweep up spent brass to take home by the bucketload? Do the range workers approve or dislike it? Is it different on public ranges as opposed to private clubs? Is it common courtesy to just ask the shooter for their spent casings? Any insight or help is appreciated.

Va boy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ranges have brass recepticles. They sell the brass as additional revenue so no you cannot sweep up brass by the bucketful. Some even have signs stating you can only pick up your own spent casings. The Non-Reloader shooter next to you can give you his spent casings. I always ask. At Santa Rosa Shooting Center, they don't allow brass collection outside the railing, so the far-right shooting lane isn't the place for a reloader unless you have a screen or deflector.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What he said but every range has different rules. There are ranges that don't allow picking up any brass, including your own. I will not shoot at those ranges.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Gotcha. Thanks for the replies. Im a lefty and buy left hand eject weapons so thanks for the insight on lane placement for picking up brass. Guess I'll have to stick with buying spent brass online.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    When I was back in AZ, there was a few places just out in the mountains and the desert where people would go shoot and I would go to those on Sundays and collect the brass there. I don't know if there's anything like that around this area, but that was always a gold mine for me.

Top Bottom