• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MarkJ

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    The backpedaling here is amazing.

Good on her. You all may call her unqualified because she’s a woman, everyone else will call her “Ma’am.”
    I'm not seeing too many people calling her unqualified.

I personally do not think she is the most qualified and lacks experience in areas that I think is critical to the position.

Personally, it’s a very small pool of flag officers that have my respect these days. Most are demonstrated weak-spined political pushovers, and the majority of the uninformed service members I ever served with don’t respect them.
    Did you mean uniformed? Just for clarity. Thanks

Plinker

Marksman
    Sounds like he should be a Top Gun instructor and date a girl named Penny…

I jest. I mentioned others were also qualified.

Here’s a little more info for you :

Adm. Lisa Franchetti is a native of Rochester, New York. She received her commission in 1985 through the Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps Program at Northwestern University. She also attended the Naval War College and holds a master degree in organizational management from the University of Phoenix.

Her operational tours include auxiliaries officer and first division officer on USS Shenandoah (AD 44); navigator and jumboization coordinator onboard USS Monongahela (AO 178); operations officer on USS Moosbrugger (DD 980); combat systems officer and chief staff officer for Destroyer Squadron (DESRON) 2; executive officer of USS Stout (DDG 55); and assistant surface operations officer on USS George Washington Strike Group. She commanded USS Ross (DDG 71) and DESRON-21, embarked on USS John C. Stennis (CVN 74). She also served as commander of Pacific Partnership 2010, embarked on USNS Mercy (T-AH 19).

Ashore, Franchetti’s assignments include commander, Naval Reserve Center Central Point, Oregon; aide to the Vice Chief of Naval Operations; protocol officer for the commander, U.S. Atlantic Fleet; 4th Battalion officer at the U.S. Naval Academy; division chief, Joint Concept Development and Experimentation, on the Joint Staff, J7; deputy director of International Engagement and executive assistant to N3/N5 on the Navy staff; and military assistant to the Secretary of the Navy.

Her flag assignments include commander, U.S. Naval Forces Korea; commander, Carrier Strike Group 9; commander, Carrier Strike Group 15; chief of staff, Strategy, Plans and Policy (J-5) Joint Staff; commander, U.S. 6th Fleet, Naval Striking and Support Forces NATO; deputy commander, U.S. Naval Forces Europe; deputy commander, U.S. Naval Forces Africa; Joint Force Maritime Component Commander; deputy Chief of Naval Operations for Warfighting Development, N7; and director for Strategy, Plans and Policy (J-5), Joint Staff. Franchetti assumed the duties as Vice Chief of Naval Operations Sept. 2, 2022.

JEEBUS,,,,

They moved that girl around a WHOLE bunch.

She that good?
    Shipped out to get her out of the way??

With Brandon at the helm it smells as usual.

RHINOWSO

Master
    didn't use to be, but it is now...
    One of the most satisfying things to see is a Flag that thinks their crap doesn't stink try to make the Military to Politician transition.

Seeing them realize that people only respected them and did what they were told in the military because they HAD TO is HILARIOUS.

Like old Mike Mullen, trying to hobnob with the DC elite after retiring...

iu

IronBeard

Master
    None - most of the top guys in the military are political. It takes far more politics than good leadership to move up. That is why they are all about these stupid policies that do nothing for national security.
    Yep. Been going on since the obama administration; maybe prior and less obvious in my AOR. Under obama there were at least two major purge efforts that stood out to me. What was left behind, and more concerning, available for future appointments/assignments/promotions were what the establishment wanted left. Let's not discount the "leadership" culture that brought about. Those installed continue to bring up those just like, supportive of them. Anyone that wants to offer up the follow orders BS; Constitutional Oath.

This has been going on since 2010, +/-, and our best-of-the-best "representatives" are just now, 13 effin' years later, starting to think that maybe sumthin' ain't right. This will not just fix itself over time. Keep hopin'/prayin'.

BluesBrother

Master
    Let's be clear. Brandon had nothing to do with this appointment. As such and as a result there are less qualified people holding position of responsibility far beyond their abilities. Installed by un-elected un-qualified bureaucrats that are ideology driven. Exactly what the founding fathers warned against. The best, most qualified are not being considered because they're stripes are not what is preferred by the ruling class. It's like the WNBA or woman's soccer. The woman want the salaries of the men. However, the women don't draw the crowds, ergo the money of the men. Have you ever seen someone wearing merchandise for the WMBA? I haven't. That is just a fact and a condition of the chromosomes you were born with. ;)

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    he does not have the brains to do it, but the people surrounding him that are running the deepstate have everything to do with it.

BluesBrother

Master
    he does not have the brains to do it, but the people surrounding him that are running the deepstate have everything to do with it.
    That's a fact. And that's why people have their pantyhose in a knot about this appointment. These are important and responsible positions. A person (man or woman) should not "grow" into. These are hit the ground running jobs. How long can the "axis of evil" be held at bay before they realize the emperor has no clothes?

Top Bottom