• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MarkJ

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    what the heck is this? no story, nothing to support the title? C'mon mayne... needs more.

This is the guy that SHOULD be leading the Navy, Pentagon recommended him as well.

Just one question, which one would you follow into battle?

tros6t

Marksman
    It’s not a black, non-binary, tranny Wo(man) who can “fix” the Navy so they can never fight again? What’s up with that? Doesn’t Brandon know why they installed him like a toilet? If at this point you still believe he actually got more votes than Bama, then sorry, can’t help!

McMillan

USMC
    I’ll be honest here. I like a lot of the material on this site. This is a bullshit post. Who do you even speak about. This woman has done more than anyone here so shut your mouth unless you have something real to say. While I think other candidates are options, being a female doesn’t take away from a service record.
    Cheers

Southalabama

Master
    So you saying this lady has done more than anyone else here??

Surely someone here has commanded more than two aircraft carrier strike groups

During her tenure, Franchetti has commanded two aircraft carrier strike groups in the Pacific and served as the commander of U.S. Naval Forces Korea, deputy chief of naval operations for warfighting development, and director for strategy, plans, and policy of the Joint Staff. As head of 6th Fleet, she oversaw the Navy's response to Syrian President Bashar al Assad's use of chemical weapons.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    not taking anything away from her credentials, but if biden could have picked a gay muslem woman, he would have.... the more boxes to check, the better. her qualifications mean nothing to him....

i think he knew that moving admiral rachael levine over would not fly...

Welldoya

Master
    I don’t know anything about the woman or her credentials and not really interested enough to read the links.
    But I will say an impressive resume doesn’t necessarily mean an impressive person.
    I have worked with women in the past who had very impressive resumes on paper but in real life they couldn’t do $hit.
    They looked good and were butt kissers. Period.

MarkJ

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    I’ll be honest here. I like a lot of the material on this site. This is a bullshit post. Who do you even speak about. This woman has done more than anyone here so shut your mouth unless you have something real to say. While I think other candidates are options, being a female doesn’t take away from a service record.
    Cheers
    With all due respect, Admiral Paparo is far more qualified to lead the Navy I served in. The guy is a Top Gun graduate with over 6000 hours logged in F14's,F15 and F18's. He's made over 1100 air craft landings. In addition to the multiple battle groups he's commanded he was/is Commander of the entire Pacific Fleet.

Franchetti's service record is not what I take issue with, it's the fact they passed over a far more qualified, battle tested candidate in Admiral Paparo simply because Franchetti is a woman.

Last edited:

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!

This is the guy that SHOULD be leading the Navy, Pentagon recommended him as well.

Just one question, which one would you follow into battle?
    None - most of the top guys in the military are political. It takes far more politics than good leadership to move up. That is why they are all about these stupid policies that do nothing for national security.

MarkJ

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    None - most of the top guys in the military are political. It takes far more politics than good leadership to move up. That is why they are all about these stupid policies that do nothing for national security.
    Admiral Paparo was a Top Gun pilot; those guys make better warriors than politicians....

McMillan

USMC
    Sounds like he should be a Top Gun instructor and date a girl named Penny…

I jest. I mentioned others were also qualified.

Here’s a little more info for you :

Adm. Lisa Franchetti is a native of Rochester, New York. She received her commission in 1985 through the Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps Program at Northwestern University. She also attended the Naval War College and holds a master degree in organizational management from the University of Phoenix.

Her operational tours include auxiliaries officer and first division officer on USS Shenandoah (AD 44); navigator and jumboization coordinator onboard USS Monongahela (AO 178); operations officer on USS Moosbrugger (DD 980); combat systems officer and chief staff officer for Destroyer Squadron (DESRON) 2; executive officer of USS Stout (DDG 55); and assistant surface operations officer on USS George Washington Strike Group. She commanded USS Ross (DDG 71) and DESRON-21, embarked on USS John C. Stennis (CVN 74). She also served as commander of Pacific Partnership 2010, embarked on USNS Mercy (T-AH 19).

Ashore, Franchetti’s assignments include commander, Naval Reserve Center Central Point, Oregon; aide to the Vice Chief of Naval Operations; protocol officer for the commander, U.S. Atlantic Fleet; 4th Battalion officer at the U.S. Naval Academy; division chief, Joint Concept Development and Experimentation, on the Joint Staff, J7; deputy director of International Engagement and executive assistant to N3/N5 on the Navy staff; and military assistant to the Secretary of the Navy.

Her flag assignments include commander, U.S. Naval Forces Korea; commander, Carrier Strike Group 9; commander, Carrier Strike Group 15; chief of staff, Strategy, Plans and Policy (J-5) Joint Staff; commander, U.S. 6th Fleet, Naval Striking and Support Forces NATO; deputy commander, U.S. Naval Forces Europe; deputy commander, U.S. Naval Forces Africa; Joint Force Maritime Component Commander; deputy Chief of Naval Operations for Warfighting Development, N7; and director for Strategy, Plans and Policy (J-5), Joint Staff. Franchetti assumed the duties as Vice Chief of Naval Operations Sept. 2, 2022.

MarkJ

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    LIke I mentioned, I am not disrespecting her service record. She worked her way through the Reserves and obtained some enviable positions.

One thing I don't see detailed that I think is critically valuable, combat experience.

Oh and Penny wasn't much to look at without her makeup ; )

RHINOWSO

Master
    Anyone who is 3-4 start Flag Rank is a political animal and pretty much any actual combat experience they had is long stale to the current way of doing business. They may have been warriors, but they aren't anymore.

It was obviously a political move by Biden to select her; sure she is qualified but the reason she was chosen is her vagina.

Will it matter to the Navy and those serving? Probably not, I never thought about who was the CNO, Battlegroup Commander, or even the Skipper of the CVN when I was in.

McMillan

USMC
    I appreciate the open conversation as everyone has their opinion, view and reasoning.

She has never been in combat because of her vagina also..
    imho that position doesn’t need a warrior, it needs a leader.

Put your boy up for a taller appointment..

Cheers friends

Snake-Eyes

Master
    The nominee should be the admiral who will be the most effective at the job: leading the Navy.

It should have ZERO to do with gender. The moment gender was made part of the qualifier, the nomination merits became suspect and clouded.

Argue/discuss which one will do the best job based on demonstrated abilities and accomplishments. “Original issued crotch equipment” isn’t relevant to the job.

As for combat time, women have been serving in combat since this Nation was born. Some were clandestine, some were emergency necessity, some were officially sanctioned. Sure, some specific jobs were historically not available, and now even those are changing requirements. An entirely different discussion altogether. Bottom line: the “resumes” of the possible candidates can be compared honestly, and the leadership styles and accomplishments should be examined, too.

Personally, it’s a very small pool of flag officers that have my respect these days. Most are demonstrated weak-spined political pushovers, and the majority of the uniformed service members I ever served with don’t respect them.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom