• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    A few years ago Opioids OD's was all you herd about on the news , now doctors are paranoid to even prescribe aspen. To make up for their lost income they must be offering prescriptions to get the handicapped "Blue Label" parking permits.
    When you are out and about and dealing with finding a parking spot just notice how many physically able people that are by themselves are parked in the handicapped spaces .Since they are physically fit , their disability must be MENTALLY HANDICAPPED ?

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    My ole lady has had 3 surgeries to replace a total of 7 neck vertebrae (a few twice) just had lower back x-rayed to find a ruptured disc, now waiting to schedule an MRI She walks okay, but is in pain. Dr stopped giving her pain meds 5 years ago, about the same time she got her "blue label"?? We know so many who still get their meds with far less debilitating injuries. Maybe it's one or the other?? I have a mirror hanger in my vehicle but really don't exploit it when I'm by myself. I bet if she could trade them in for a prescription, it would be done.
    But yes, many many folks take advantage of parking.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I see mostly family members using mom or grandmas car and abusing the privilege. Saw one thug get out with his pants hanging... I asked him why he was abusing the spot. He said "man my back hurts"
    See a lot of it around take out food places and liquor stores

It's pretty sad.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Those permits are only valid for the individual that they were issued to. I’ve never seen or heard of it being enforced , but the other people using them are breaking the law. They should be issued citations and made to pay the fine.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    It’s pretty low to do that but I know it does happen. I personally know of a lady that has a tag for her disabled mother but she uses it when she’s alone.
    While we are on the subject, what age do you think qualifies for senior parking?

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    It’s pretty low to do that but I know it does happen. I personally know of a lady that has a tag for her disabled mother but she uses it when she’s alone.
    While we are on the subject, what age do you think qualifies for senior parking?
    Never heard of that?
    Living next to an Army base, I do see quite a few businesses that have dedicated purple heart parking.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    For what it’s worth, if you don’t know 100% that the person is a healthy teenager just acting like a punk with grandma’s car, then count your blessings and give them the benefit of the doubt. You never know what their situation is.

They may get out of the car with energy, but they know they will be in pain or exhausted by the time their shopping/errands are done and they have a cart to push to the car.

They may be moving ok to the car, but when they first got out, their joints were stiff and painful from the drive to the store.

Maybe it actually is a healthy teenager with grandma’s car, but he moved the car closer while grandma is still puttering around the store.

I have no idea. Don’t care.

Honestly, some of these posts make it sound you pay a monthly fee for a parking spot and someone else is using it and now you’re late to an important business meeting and your life is over.

If it bothers you, then ask.
    If the answer you get is worth following up, then do so.

Otherwise, count your blessings, wish them well, and move on.

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Those permits are only valid for the individual that they were issued to. I’ve never seen or heard of it being enforced , but the other people using them are breaking the law. They should be issued citations and made to pay the fine.
    In Santa Rosa county it's probably political , in that the LEO's could / should just watch the surveillance camera's at the Wall Mart parking lot , and every time they see some 20 or 30 something get out of a vehicle radio to another LEO in the parking lot to go "tag: that vehicle and then let the person that was issued the permit go justify their children using that permit.
    BUt the shireff won't because of all the crap he'd get from from the permit holders.

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Honestly, some of these posts make it sound you pay a monthly fee for a parking spot and someone else is using it and now you’re late to an important business meeting and your life is over.
    Don't know about everyone else , but I've got a purple heart with a gold star Do you know what that means ? that kinda indicated I "payed for my privilege to be able to park a little closed to the door.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Handicaps might not always be obvious to the casual observer, but overall I just figure it's none of my business to police it and certainly not my place to confront anyone using a HC spot. I guess if I or a loved one had a handicap and was denied a spot because of an abuser, I'd feel differently about it. JMO

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Should of seen the retards in Sam's club using the electric buggies, doubt they were even 25. Just good ol white trash hooting and hollering all up and down the isles buying 25 gallons of nacho cheese.

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    In Santa Rosa county it's probably political , in that the LEO's could / should just watch the surveillance camera's at the Wall Mart parking lot , and every time they see some 20 or 30 something get out of a vehicle radio to another LEO in the parking lot to go "tag: that vehicle and then let the person that was issued the permit go justify their children using that permit.
    BUt the shireff won't because of all the crap he'd get from from the permit holders.
    Yeah because road deputies don’t have anything else to do like maybe answer some of those overdose calls, or maybe prevent a domestic murder from happening. Maybe we all could petition to the sheriff to start up a tactical handicap parking violators unit. Maybe use our taxes for more surveillance equipment and unmarked patrol cars… I’m 48 years old and very much handicapped. I use the parking often if I can get a spot and know better to judge anyone of their health condition just because they appear to be having a good day… you may see me get out one day and trot on into Publix like a teenager but then some other days I may be riding the little amigo to get around.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Don't know about everyone else , but I've got a purple heart with a gold star Do you know what that means ? that kinda indicated I "payed for my privilege to be able to park a little closed to the door.

I do know what that means. Thank you for your service.

That being said, I stand by my attitude to give folks in a handicapped spot the benefit of the doubt.

I agree that lazy SOBs shouldn’t be abusing the system, especially to the detriment of someone who needs the assistance more.

Best of luck to you.

Carl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh I assumed they give a blue handicap sign with every EBT card.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Do you have a handicap sticker?

Tige

Who/where (born visible, identify as Trans-parent)
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Matthew 7
    “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2: For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged”

You may be right. But you might be wrong. Unless you are the examining physician that authorized a placard, you don’t know. Not all handicaps and disabilities are visible.

My advice is to keep your mouth shut and be thankful you don’t need a placard

JMHO

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Funny I park at the nearest spot that is easy to get to (meaning the fastest one I can get to when getting in the parking lot, not the closest to the store) and just walk. The time people spend driving around looking for a 'good spot' could be spent walking to the foooookin door. Heck most people in 'Mercia could use an hour of walking per day, we are a nation of lard butts who spend too much time at the trough and the doctor, not enough time walking / exercising.

Carl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah don't judge because its perfectly normal to see so many healthy young/middle aged people with handicap tags hanging from the mirror.

ETA: Was correctly pointed out that this link leads to only the sleeves. Try this as they are everywhere for sale https://www.globalindustrial.com/p/...6c11&adlclid=69d6b074a5b61630c2afd3971bcd6c11

Last edited:
    Top Bottom