Bill to outlaw target shooting on your own property.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockb

Expert
    I got an unsolicited e-mail from skylar@floridagunrights.org indicating there was a bill to outlaw target shooting on your own property and directing me to a petition to sign to help stop it. No bill number was provided to research it.

This is the first I have heard about that. Is this legit or just a phishing scam?

Idoono

Master
    Haven't seen it but I hope it is just a joke. Part of the reason why I purchased ny property was to be able to shoot in my own backyard.

Idoono

rockb

Expert
    I did some searching this morning and it looks like they this may have backfired on them. Looks like the current statutes appear to make it perfectly legal for you to shoot whatever you want in your backyard. They raised the viability to this. I would never advocate what either of the guys in the following two videos do but it shows what is legal (at least at this time).

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/02/05/florida-man-takes-down-backyard-gun-range-after-outcry/

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews...--according-to-florida-statute-230019514.html

I know a guy that caught a raccoon in his attic and was faced with three options:

1. Shoot it in the cage in his back yard.
    2. Drown it in his pool
    3. Relocate it.

He knew option 3 was illegal without a permit. He knew option 2 would not go over really well with his wife. He thought option 1 was illegal. He ended up choosing option 3. Next time he will probably go with option 1 with a CB Long.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    What do you really expect to happen when you try to put a shooting range in a neighborhood like that? really ? and you wonder why people get uptight.

Fletch

Master
    Craziness.........How I wish we could get back to some good old fashion common sense ruling the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Here's why, this guy didn't have a clue.

See people that live in the city areas don't realize us people out in the more open areas shoot on our property(or just don't care). It's sad, because that's why NJ outlawed hunting with rifles. Because I stray round from a hunter once hit a lady riding a bike almost 1/2 mile away. Crazy coincidence, but happened. She literally got shot in her buttock. But then they had the knee jerk reaction,many banned all hunting with rifles.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WdILzig8wnU

Doc

Last edited:

Viking1204

Master
    These idiots doing this shit in the city are going to screw it up for others that live in the country. We all know how good our government is at making up laws, they'll make it so restrictive someone with no neighbors for 5 miles won't be able to shoot on their own property.

Top Bottom