• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frisbee88

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bought an ar from him a few weeks ago under the impression nothing was wrong with it. Finally got a chance to take it out and fire it. The ar won't extract spent shell casings and load a new round. you have to manually cycle the gun in order to chamber a new round. I contacted him and asked him why he would sell a non functioning gun to someone. He said "he didn't know" it wasn't working right but a done deal was a done deal. The manufacturer says since I'm not the original owner/register they don't have to honor the warranty, so I may just have to eat this one. Moral of the story. Don't deal with cmacks88. He'll hang you up to dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frisbee88

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes it was the American tactical. I I tried several dif types of ammo and magazines. All the same thing. Tried it with a different BCG from a 100% functioning ar and does the same thing. Took it down to the gas tube and cleaned it out. No obvious obstructions. Any ideas?

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Not surprising that this guys posts are all on the two for sale threads he's started since joining as a member. This situation is one of the reason I've always thought there should be a minimum post count before you could sell something, most other forums I'm a member have that. I understand it's been discussed here but here we are again with a situation on a sale that might not have happened if there had been a minimum post count for sales. Makes it too easy for someone to join for a short time, sell defective items and then claim a done deal is a done deal. Thanks for the warning on this guy, sorry you're having to deal with a defective item you bought from the guy.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Yes it was the American tactical. I I tried several dif types of ammo and magazines. All the same thing. Tried it with a different BCG from a 100% functioning ar and does the same thing. Took it down to the gas tube and cleaned it out. No obvious obstructions. Any ideas?

Took the gas tube out of the block? Could you tell if the GB was aligned with the gas port properly? Is there any binding when you hand cycle it? Is it cycling at all when you fire?

Frisbee88

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    With the original BCG it would not cycle at all. After I installed the other BCG it would come back half way and seize. The gas block looks aligned. When I hand cycle it there does not seem to be any binding.

cmacks88

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Last time I had shot the rifle there was nothing wrong with it, just as I stated to Frisbee. I did use some dirtier ammo than usual but I was sure to give it a good cleaning after and I put it away. Fast forward 7-8 months and here we are. I was in need of money quick so I priced it to sell and got talked down even more, which was fine. To my knowledge there wasn't anything wrong with it. I said it was a done deal because I didn't have the money to give back to him and not will I any time soon. He did forget to mention how I offered to contact ATI in hope to get a replacement part though.

Frisbee88

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After contacting ATI they have agreed to repair the weapon. But as many people here will vouch that is not the point. You do not post a gun for sale or trade that you cannot personally vouch for it being reliable. Whether on purpose or not you sold me a gun that was unreliable/broken. And your attitude after the fact speaks volumes to your character. Each person can make up their own mind about cmacks88 but this will be the last time I do business with him.

cmacks88

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not sure what attitude you speak of. I only tried to right a wrong to the best of my ability. Not sure what you were expecting. But now all of a sudden ATI changed their minds about helping? nevertheless, glad the problem is getting fixed. Sorry to have inconvenienced you. Have a good day

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Used firearms are always a buyer beware sttuation. Partly who your dealing with but on a larger scale: what do independent reviews say about that specific firearm. I've got no personal experience with ATI other then seeing budget pricing. Even great Companies put out a lemon once in awhile. Even the NRA's lowest condition grade for modern firearms "FAIR" means in safe good working order. If the frearm does not meet that minimum standard, it should be declared by a respectable Seller. I find it difficult to believe a functional firearm was cleaned then sold and now fails to operate properly especially after the obvious variables are checked.

ATI gets a ★ for offering (now) to repair the AR not under warranty.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    well this is a tough one and since I was not there I will not comment on either party. I am like Viking, minimum posts to sell and like Sawman if you don't have 30-50 posts I probably am not selling to you unless a member I know vouches for you.

Glad the manufacturer stood tall for you. Just because a gun ran fine the last time I took it out does not mean there will not be issues and that is all I can tell a prospective buyer. I have never had a buyer ask for their $$ back.

Frisbee88

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I guess I'm a bit culpable as well. I took the man at his word that the gun was fine. I have had nothing but good dealings with everyone on the forum until now. Kind of sucks that one bad apple can ruin the bunch. I'll just take up Sawmans principles. They seem to work pretty well.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I know anyone having issues with a gun anytime just have to ask and several on here can talk you through it or actually fix it heck some even have the spare parts you need!! yes ask me how I know...lol

Frisbee88

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I guess my only real gripe is the integrity of the aforementioned individual. He can't be trusted to deal with. And you are absolutely correct. Just look at some of the responses here. You guys are awesome. Thank you for all the help guys.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Lets see now. You take a gun out and shoot it and it works fine. You bring it home and give it "a good cleaning". Next,you sell to to somebody. They take it out to shoot it and it's SUPER frigged up.
    Did I get that about right ?? If so i'll just say . . . . "I was borned at night,but it wasn't last night". --- SAWMAN

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep, sounds pretty shady. I needed cash so I sold a POS AR that I didn't want. Good Luck new buyer. I'll see if I can help you get it fixed after I cash you check. Thanks for the dough tho....

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom