• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Since no one else has brought it up I will. What do you think. Was he a prisoner or a desertor (spelling).

He walked off and should men have died to try and find him. Just asken?

Should we have traded 5 of the worst of the worst for him that men died for to catch. They can roam free for a year before going home to fight again. My guess is that they will already be planning attacks. AND they will be out of the county in a month.

Last edited:

Champ62

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My opinion only.
    He deserted with intent to aid the enemy. He should have stayed until he rotted.
    No one should have died or have been put at risk to find him.
    He should be tried as a wartime deserter.
    The only trade we should have made, B.O. for him.

Just my opinion, he will be treated as a hero, one of Baracks sons.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My opinion only.
    He deserted with intent to aid the enemy. He should have stayed until he rotted.
    No one should have died or have been put at risk to find him.
    He should be tried as a wartime deserter.
    The only trade we should have made, B.O. for him.

Just my opinion, he will be treated as a hero, one of Baracks sons.

I agree with Champ, the guy is scum and should be executed. He deserted in wartime to aid the enemy he felt sorry for and cost the lives of how many soldiers, 6? Now we've freed 5 terrorists who now have even more hatred for the U.S. so no doubt more Americans are going to die because of this trader. It makes me sick that our idiot president negotiated with terrorists for his release.

JGH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Obama is just using the "we leave no one behind" BS as an excuse to set free 5 SOB's that will spend the rest of their lives trying to kill Americans. When I was in Southeast Asia, I can't see how I or anyone else could have just got up and walked over to visit the VC. The UCMJ has provisions for dealing with deserters. I hope the military does what should be done. However, I think the Commander in Chief will take this deserter and his traitor father and mother under his protection.

BigDaddy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Smoke and Mirrors, they are up to something.
    Sent from my LG-VS410PP using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't think there is enough information to say if he deliberately set out to aid the enemy just yet. He will get his say and the facts will eventually come out. In principle I agree we should never leave a man behind when winding down a war.

I imagine if any of the 5 released Taliban step out of line they have a date with a hellfire missile. We have hammered dang near every single leader of Al Queda with drones so I don't see why these guys will be any different if they go back to leadership positions. It can't be a popular job these days. Wouldn't surprise me if we chipped them with some sort of tracker.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Fletch...Mullah Omar is a free man...no hellfire with his name on it has come close. DOD already has a secret file on this POS, after all the casualties and KIA, a court martial is where the facts need to rest...

Kanaloa

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    To be fair - need to wait until he is found guilty or innocent.
    But, if what they say is true (aid the enemy, rescue team members killed)
    Then he should have been left or brought back for trial and punishment.

posthuman13

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is so crazy yet not surprising from our great leader. He is getting to the end of his office so he needs to let out his homeboys. I guess they are planning on a pick up game of basketball.

Overtime

Fear the Wombat!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think this was all negotiated to take heat off of the VA scandal. He thinks if he can act like the hero that freed a soldier, the public will look past him screwing millions of veterans.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I don't know enough about it to say. My first reaction was "Great, glad he's coming home."
    Then I read that he had walked off the base on his own. I haven't heard the allegations about him aiding the enemy. If that is true, he needs to be dealt with severely.
    I saw where his hometown cancelled the homecoming celebration. Said to be due to security concerns but I'm betting it's because of the uncertain circumstances of just what went on.
    Interesting commentary from Jeraldo Rivera this morning. He said that the 5 would be released soon anyway with the war winding down. Don't know if that was certain or not.

Last edited:

Hopin4aboat

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If this deserter was truly an American he would have been beheaded 4 years ago on camera and the video would have been sent to his American parents. I don't trust him simply in the fact he managed to stay alive for 5 years with people would kill and American for the S and G's

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fletch...Mullah Omar is a free man...no hellfire with his name on it has come close. DOD already has a secret file on this POS, after all the casualties and KIA, a court martial is where the facts need to rest...

I also think Bergdahl should face the music for what ever crimes he may have committed but I personally don't think we should just leave him to the Taliban to enact justice for us. Once all the facts come out I will be more able to form an honest opinion.

Yes Mullah Omar is a free/alive man for now but you know he is always looking to the sky wondering if today's the day. The drone campaign has decimated Al Queda leadership and by all accounts it's the single most effective thing we've done to make the organization who actually attacked us pay. He will stick his head up in the wrong place sooner or later and we will chop it off.

In retrospect , intelligence and targeted special Ops along with drones should have been the strategy all along in response to 9/11. At the height of their power the Soviets couldn't take and control Afghanistan and neither could we. The Soviets tried it through pure brutality and failed. We tried to rebuild their infrastructure and win their hearts and minds with literal warehouses full of pallets of cash and we failed.

Daddy Bush had it right all along when taking criticism and asked why he didn't go into Bagdad to throw out Sadam after routing the Republican Guard in Kuwait. He said if you take Bagdad then you own it and then what? He said we would end up in a perpetual occupation doomed to fail and the price was to great. The neocons, led by Cheney, got JR's ear after 9/11 and convinced him to be his own man and show Daddy he was wrong. Well it turns out that Senior Bush had a lot more wisdom than JR and the neocons. We will be paying for their mistake for generations. The ironic thing is that Dubya campaigned on a non-interventionist foreign policy.

We did exactly what Osama Bin Laden hoped we would in response to 9/11. We could have just coldly and ruthlessly commenced to executing each and every leader of Al Qaeda. Instead we invaded a country that had nothing to do 9/11, weakened our economy in the process, and passed laws like the Patriot Act that are fundamentally opposed to the individual freedoms this country was founded upon. He knew a big US military presence would only inflame the Mid-East and be great for recruiting.

Well that's my rant for the day and wasn't directed specifically at you Ric. Bergdahl is yet another issue for Americans to argue and divide ourselves over stemming from a 13 year occupation of foreign lands that has produced nothing positive.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Well put Fletch...no harm no foul. Agree that we should never have gone into Iraq...Afghanistan led to the downfall of the Soviet Union, we are in better shape, its just a gut punch for us as our economy crashed due to greed and the housing bubble. One thing I learned...I'm in the wrong field. I should have gone and become a college boy and worked my way up in a bank...they got away with murder and no one went to jail...too big to fail my ass. Only company put of of business is Lehman Brothers and they got caught up in the greed of sub-prime loans...who in their right mind would invest in mortgages of folks who don't have enough money for a conventional loan and its known are going to fail...??? really? Hey lets bundle all of those bad loans and call them a commodity and sell them...fucking snail oil salesmen.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The combination of the bailouts and the war-spending has been like a kick to the groin followed up with a knee to the face for the economy but it looks as if we might be slowly recovering.

Couldn't agree more on the banks and to big to fail. Bastards held the taxpayers hostage with threats of another great depression and breadlines. People should have went to jail.

Easy to invest in junk mortgages when they are insured by the Federal Government.....ie the tax payers. They took the risk out of the risk vs reward equation. I majored in Finance and this stuff goes against every sound financial principle we were taught.

It takes a lot more than just a degree to play in that league by the way. Got to come from the Ivy League and have serious connections to get in on the biggest scam of all time. It's a very elite club and they have their politicians from both parties bought and paid for to keep the gravy train rolling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Makes me sick every time I see something about this turd on the news and they begin with "Sergeant" Bergdahl, he isn't an NCO he doesn't rate their are better men and women out their that have EARNED that rank.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom