• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am little surprised to hear so many people do not put a carry gun threw its paces. I understand the OP situation but I could not carry a gun I had not fired at least 150 rnds threw. I have been guilty of only shooting a magazine or two of Self defense rounds which is not much better.

This is also why I do not understand why people pay close to retail prices for a used gun. Most guns are sold for a reason. Sure some are sold because of personal preferences but a good number are sold because of an issue. I have sold an XDM that was perfect just not for me. I have also sold a beretta because it had too many failures to feeds in my testing. I do not like guns that say they have to use expensive ammo to function. It can cost you $300 to see if thats true & I still have the FTF sticking in my mind. I had a hard time trusting a Kahr because of FTF but after breaking in & fixing some design issues with the magazine. I ended up shooting 400 rnds thru it before I was able to trust it. Now I am going on 600+ with no FTF.

I sell problem guns to pawn shops so be carful what you buy from a pawnshop. I would not lie to someone about a gun but most people will. The only person I trust is my Mother & she is capable of twisting the truth for me to come visit. Hey the disposal does not work, then I stop by & the power switch is off. LOL

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I always carry a new No. 2 pencil with me whenever I go to a gun show. This works for checking the firing pin. It goes without saying that the weapon is empty so cock the weapon, insert the pencil, eraser end first, hold the weapon vertically and pull the trigger. The firing pin will hit the eraser and shoot the pencil out of the barrel. This won't tell you if there something else wrong but it will show the firing pin works.

b747fp

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bought two P238's a while back that both owners said that they never had any issue with them. I wondered about their truthfullness since both were early production. One I bought off of PFF. Both were jam-o-matics and couldn't get off a full mag full without problems. I worked on both and had Sig send me new recoil springs and mags. After that they worked like champs but like car salesmen, they are trying to close a deal and whatever it takes to do so, they will.

I've had two Sig P238's as well, and they tend to have feeding issue when you drop the slide release to chamber a round. I had Ian polish the feed ramps, and never had an issue since.

Zeus

Banned For Life
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    $225 and we call it even, my name is Pedro!

Hey Pedro, I'll take it ! Oh wait a sec, it's April 1st and I don't get paid till the 32nd .... but I'm good for it :playball:

My carry piece is my first plinking weapon every time I go to the range. My carry ammo is my first plinking ammo every time I go to the range. I even test different lot numbers of ammo before I will carry it... but then again I'm anal.

Then I put those away and get out my toys.

Top Bottom