• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The video I saw shows the ship losing power twice before hitting the bridge. All the lights shut off on deck before hitting the bridge

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When the engineer who designed the bridge was interviewed, he said that collapse is what he would have expected to happen if it got hit with that much force in that direction. No further damage required.

Some folks like to see sinister machinations behind every tragic event, and I can't help but wonder if that isn't some form of psychological defense mechanism. It either makes the chaos and despair of the world seem less random if there are shadowy forces orchestrating it all or maybe some folks just like to think like they have secret knowledge that the rest of the world isn't privy to.

When it comes to online stuff, the desire for online attention can be so strong some folks will make up all kinds of stuff to get it. Being the first to uncover the "truth" is a tried-and-true way to drum up attention.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The video I saw shows the ship losing power twice before hitting the bridge. All the lights shut off on deck before hitting the bridge
    This fellow is very good. He saw the lights go off and then back on. They did put at least on anchor out and when the power came back on did reverse the prop, but that is what causes the ship to veer into the bridge piling support.

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When the engineer who designed the bridge was interviewed, he said that collapse is what he would have expected to happen if it got hit with that much force in that direction. No further damage required.

Some folks like to see sinister machinations behind every tragic event, and I can't help but wonder if that isn't some form of psychological defense mechanism. It either makes the chaos and despair of the world seem less random if there are shadowy forces orchestrating it all or maybe some folks just like to think like they have secret knowledge that the rest of the world isn't privy to.

When it comes to online stuff, the desire for online attention can be so strong some folks will make up all kinds of stuff to get it. Being the first to uncover the "truth" is a tried-and-true way to drum up attention.
    Do you think it has anything to do with the lies associated with other major news stories?

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I see varying reports of how long it takes a ship that size to make a turn, even a slight turn. A Captain I know posted some Google Earth type images that show the ship headed that direction for some distance. He also stated that loosing power to lights doesn't mean the ship wasn't under power.

going to need a lot more info from the black box.

Last edited:

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Do you think it has anything to do with the lies associated with other major news stories?
    I 100% agree that the media should take a massive step back and look at the harm they cause with their mis/dis/malinformation. I could go on for a LONG time about how they've lost their way and become propaganda machines for their chosen sides. Any mistrust they have, they have certainly earned and then some.

I think in this case the media's story makes sense. I know more than the average bear about terrorists and terrorist events and this event doesn't raise any red flags for me. The story matches the evidence, so I tend to believe it. When the evidence doesn't match the story, I have a lot of questions.

Carl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Its incredible to watch something so big collapse in just a few seconds. No idea about terrorism or not but I'm surprised this kind of accident doesn't happen more often.

rossi

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    17   1   1
    When steel like that reaches tensile maximum and snaps, extremely high heat is generated. At the moment of failure there will be a flash and a flurry of hot slag. There will be be a tremendous sound accompanying the failure.

Anyone who has served on an Aircraft Carrier knows how long it takes to maneuver, or initiate course corrections on a vessel that large. Lights on and off could very well have been an Electrical Bus Failure.

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There's a dude on another gun forum who is a structural engineer who specializes in bridges. I will have to log in and see if he has rendered an opinion on it yet.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Well folks this was probably a foreign flag ship where the slave labor makes 8$ a day. Untrained, un Inspected by the coast guard. Held together with tin foil, wire nuts and chewing gum.
    Had they spent the money on trained employees and repairs to critical equipment this could have been avoided.
    Or better yet call for tugs to assist you. If you know there is issues.
    On 2 separate occasions I've had to make a decision to drop the stern hook or bow hook to stop the ships motion.
    This whole thing could have been prevented.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    My navy buddies are saying where is the pilot boat, where are the tugs? What say you Rebel?

ETA the first time this ship crashed the 22 man crew was all from India.

Last edited:

rossi

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    17   1   1
    My navy buddies are saying where is the pilot boat, where are the tugs? What say you Rebel?

ETA the first time this ship crashed the 22 man crew was all from India.
    A Harbor Pilot and Tugs are only required at certain points and for certain procedures. Looking at the location of the two Beacon Tower/Radar Reflectors just before the bridge span, I personally think, i may be wrong though, the ship was not yet in the control of the Harbor Master.

Having been on the bridge of an Aircraft Carrier being led into a "not to be named", "Foreign Mediterranean Port" by their people was a scary evolution. Pilot's have to know every little detail of the waters in their charge.

I pretty certain the Captain of that ship was operating "Due Regard", and then again, I may be wrong.

Investigation will determine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom