• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We all know Sheriff Mack will not sign off on class 3 weapons and he tried to pass a bill that would prevent people with a mentally handicapped child from owning guns, which brings me to my point. Sheriff candidate Larry Milstid came by my work today and I got to have a 30 minute conversation with him and I did ask Larry Milstid about signing off on class 3 weapons and he said he would and also said the reason Mack will not sign off on class 3 weapons is because his belief is that only military and police should have class 3 weapons, Larry went on to say that it doesn't matter what someone's belief is that it's the law that citizens can have these weapon and he also went into the spill about already going through the ATF back ground check. Also I found out that Larry Milstid is a gun enthusiast and a reloader and I mentioned that I was just getting into reloading and he gave me his number and told me to call him if I had any reloading questions. We did have a discussion about reloading .308 and I did ask him about our pistol permit prices being the highest in the state and he said he wanted to get it down to what neighboring counties are paying (Mobile County is $20 a year). We talked about a lot more stuff but I figured I would hit the pro gun points he had since it would interest the GCGF members the most. To sum it up he seems to be a very down to earth, honest man, and he will look out for the people of Baldwin county. He definitely has my vote! Here is the link to his website http://www.larrymilstidforsheriff.com/

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good to hear. Jeff Dunn is on our side but I think maybe he is short on funds or something. Milstid probably has as many signs up here as Mack does. Both have five times as many signs as Dunn, for whatever signs are worth.

Thanks for taking the time to ask and report.

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    after todays news profile with Mack about the 911 attack, which he said he was there the day after
    and helped rescue the first responders........... he scored points from that interview on ch-15 with there viewers.

but did you hear anything about it on ch-5......?? who's pay'n who ?? folks need to open there eyes and
    see basic communism at work here.

i'm done now....................:puke:

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glad you guys have a shot at a pro gun sheriff. I live here 8 months out of the year and feel like a resedent. Probally should get my drivers lisence here. I may if you guys get a good sheriff.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    after todays news profile with Mack about the 911 attack, which he said he was there the day after
    and helped rescue the first responders........... he scored points from that interview on ch-15 with there viewers.

but did you hear anything about it on ch-5......?? who's pay'n who ?? folks need to open there eyes and
    see basic communism at work here.

i'm done now....................:puke:

Mack has hired Lynn Stacey for $40,000 to run his campaign.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was under the impression that Mack would sign for machine guns, but not SBR's or Silencers, can anyone verify?

No signing at all would make more sense to me than signing for one item, but not for the others.

Either way, I want some new suppressors and to SBR a few rifles and with the upcoming trust changes that means that we need Mack gone.

What are everyone's thoughts on his deputies disarming, clearing, and running the serial # of a CCW holders weapons during traffic stops? Only in AL has that happened to me (I have a heavy foot at times :D).

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I pass a DOD clearance daily.....but the BC sheriff's posse treats me like a criminal or terrorist. first thing they ask me at a road block or routine traffic stop, is " remove your CCW with index finger and thumb only"

its happened !!! if you can get a permit, you should at least be treated like a concerned citizen.. not a criminal !!

like Ian said......"we need Mack gone"

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    During a traffic stop, are we required to notify a LEO that we have a CCW permit?

your tag/registration information states you are 5 different possibilities of concern, if you have a ccw permit.

Last edited:

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    your tag/registration information states you are 5 different possibilities of concern, if you have a ccw permit.

I realize I can be thick headed at times so I may be missing something! Where on my registration information does it state 5 different possibilities of concern???? Seriously, I will appreciate any help given.

BTW, the is no fucking way I'm going to put my hand on my CC weapon in the presence of a LEO. If Barney Fife wants to see it he can cuff me and remove it himself. Do you recall the incident in the Costco parking lot in Nevada? A guy was shot dead when, I believe, a rookie LEO ordered him to remove his CC weapon. I'll take a zap from a tazer before being ventilated by a nervous LEO.

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    this is what was told to me by BC's finest...don't question me !!!
    ask your local deputy.
    have fun...........:pop2:

JGH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I met Milstid at a FOP meeting. He told me his focus was going to be in the unincorperated areas of the county let the incorperated cities and towns with police departments take care of themselves. One of his main concerns is the rapid growth in Baldwin county. I like the guy and plan on voting for him.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dunn claims to be on our side as well. Mack not signing NFA letters is one of his big issues.

I just saw this on Facebook if anyone is interested.

Jeff Dunn for Sheriff

Come join us for a Fish Fry on Sunday afternoon from 2 - 5 pm located at 13214 County Road 9, Foley, AL. Hosted by Johnny Cahoon and Edgewater Marine. Hope you can make it!

https://www.facebook.com/jeffdunnforsheriff?fref=nf

JGH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dunn claims to be on our side as well. Mack not signing NFA letters is one of his big issues.

I just saw this on Facebook if anyone is interested.

Jeff Dunn for Sheriff

Come join us for a Fish Fry on Sunday afternoon from 2 - 5 pm located at 13214 County Road 9, Foley, AL. Hosted by Johnny Cahoon and Edgewater Marine. Hope you can make it!

https://www.facebook.com/jeffdunnforsheriff?fref=nf

I talked to Jeff Dunn at the gun show in Robertsdale. I agree John, he's on our side. Right now, he's my second choice. That could change before election day. I just think Larry Milstid is looking foward to the changes that are coming to our county. I think that AirBus is going to cause a large influx to Baldwin. I may be wrong, but I think the people coming to and because of AirBus will probably want to live in the Spanish Fort/Daphne/Baldwin area rather that Prichard/Eight Mile/Mobile area.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    For me, the somewhat hard decision is between Dunn and Milstid - the easy decision is that I will not vote for Mack.

Unfortunately, and I hope I'm wrong, Mack has name recognition and when it comes down to the non-shooting voter and non-CCW holder, Hoss Mack may have the edge over his opponents.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom