Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Makoshark75

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So, if you register a braced firearm with the $200 Tax Stamp, does it become an SBR and can you then replace the brace with a stock of your choice?

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    So... if you wanna open Pandora’s box, does this mean ANY pistol you can attach a brace to can be registered for free as an SBR?

Not just AR pistol lowers, but also Glocks, Ruger Chargers (22LR and 9mm), etc, correct?

If you 3D print a chassis and attach a brace, you can SBR it for free?

Because then, you can attach a real stock later, and it doesn’t matter correct? Or is there an Overall Length or some other BS that has to match...

^— All of that “forgets” the fact that you’d be registering multiple weapons with those SOBs and they’d have a legal reason to bother you later, but just for academic discussion, it’s a wide net, blank check, long length of rope they would be giving out.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    What happens when they become back logged with new applications and can’t process them all within the 120 days? I’ve played their games for years and followed their “rules”. Like someone posted above, guess I’ll see you in prison

Oh, there’s no way they’d process them all in 120-days.

It would be a requirement to “file” it on time.

The catch is if they can change their minds this aggressively on a whim NOW, what do you suppose they’ll do later once they have everyone’s info on the SBR list?

Right now you can sell a gun and legally get rid of it without any paperwork.

Try doing that with an SBR. Or ten of them.

“It’s a trap!”
    -Admiral Ackbar

timc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just read the ATF website and it addresses the question I asked above. According to the FAQ, if you haven’t received your SBR approval after the 120 day window, as long as you can show that it is submitted you are “allowed” to continue to possess your SBR

GreeZdLightNin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    So... if you wanna open Pandora’s box, does this mean ANY pistol you can attach a brace to can be registered for free as an SBR?

Not just AR pistol lowers, but also Glocks, Ruger Chargers (22LR and 9mm), etc, correct?

If you 3D print a chassis and attach a brace, you can SBR it for free?

Because then, you can attach a real stock later, and it doesn’t matter correct? Or is there an Overall Length or some other BS that has to match...

^— All of that “forgets” the fact that you’d be registering multiple weapons with those SOBs and they’d have a legal reason to bother you later, but just for academic discussion, it’s a wide net, blank check, long length of rope they would be giving out.
    Yep, They know where to go when confiscation starts. Darn NFA.

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    I somewhat enjoy the irony that they are choosing to ban pistol braces because they make pistols more effective.... by granting free SBR status that makes pistols into SBRs and therefore more effective than pistols?

Attachments

• download (3).jpeg
      download (3).jpeg
      10.9 KB · Views: 26

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I somewhat enjoy the irony that they are choosing to ban pistol braces because they make pistols more effective.... by granting free SBR status that makes pistols into SBRs and therefore more effective than pistols?
    It's the gooberment, what else is new. Sucks cause I had a kickass 10.5 --- 6.8 makes no damm sense.

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Looking at the paperwork side of things look like they're pretty particularly going after ars, the smg type pistols etc.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    There is no way they are going to SBR anything for free. What about the people that payed before and will pay after the 120 day period?
    There will have to be an entire new agency to take care of all this. Maybe those irs agents that were hired will be doing the paperwork. Lol. What a mess this is and will be. It's too much at once and I'd bet it gets shot down.

Latest posts

Top Bottom