• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm only part way through it but he was buying a lot of guns through an ffl and evidently he sold some the following day. Definitely acting as a dealer without regard to whom he was selling them to. Making a little bit of money is not worth the potential damage a firearm can do. Thank goodness the people I've seen on this forum have some Morals and have shown to be responsible in who they choose to buy, sell, and trade with. We've all bought guns and later found we just didn't like them, wanted to upgrade what we have, needed money for an unforseen emergency, realized we bought something on impulse and didn't need it, etc. Big difference.

I have on more than 1 occasion listed something for sale soon after I picked it up from the FFL. A week or more shipping time from an online gun shop to my local FFL is plenty enough to find a better deal, change my mind etc. If buyers remorse is a crime then I’m guilty!

Last fall I had something on layaway, and before i paid it off found a sale on a better quality item of the same type. Couldn’t resist. Didn’t care to keep 2 of the same type and forfeiting what I had already paid on the layaway item didn’t make sense. Actually ended up picking up both items from the dealer at the same time. Shortly thereafter traded off the one I didn’t want to keep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rational Mind

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    100% agree, but so should the agents who entrapped him in the first place. If not for them, none of this would’ve happened. He told them no twice before he sawed that barrel.
    All of them should have been prosecuted. After killing Vicki Weaver and her laying in the floor dead the agents taunted them by informing Randi they had pancakes for breakfast and asking what Vicki had for breakfast and how she slept. The hatred toward the ATF is understanble and completely deserved for numerous events including Waco. I see the hatred toward police and these Government agencies growing everyday. I feel they will all be targeted if this Country falls apart, all of them, the good and bad. I was proud of my niece the day she became a cop, even happier the day she quit.

chef_josh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    All of them should have been prosecuted. After killing Vicki Weaver and her laying in the floor dead the agents taunted them by informing Randi they had pancakes for breakfast and asking what Vicki had for breakfast and how she slept. The hatred toward the ATF is understanble and completely deserved for numerous events including Waco. I see the hatred toward police and these Government agencies growing everyday. I feel they will all be targeted if this Country falls apart, all of them, the good and bad. I was proud of my niece the day she became a cop, even happier the day she quit.
    I’m friends with several county and state officers (well, like 3 as far as close friends), and they are great patriots who despise the fedbois as much as I do.

Look at what America is supposed to be, and look at what the ATF regulates. I stand firm on the opinion that NO good men would continue working for the ATF. One of them lives about 5 houses down from me, and he knows how I feel because I told him to his face. I’m not friends with fedbois and I’m not shy about that.

I can’t imagine what it would look like if there weren’t still good LEO’s at our local level (yes I can, it would look like Chicago)

Rational Mind

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I’m friends with several county and state officers (well, like 3 as far as close friends), and they are great patriots who despise the fedbois as much as I do.

Look at what America is supposed to be, and look at what the ATF regulates. I stand firm on the opinion that NO good men would continue working for the ATF. One of them lives about 5 houses down from me, and he knows how I feel because I told him to his face. I’m not friends with fedbois and I’m not shy about that.

I can’t imagine what it would look like if there weren’t still good LEO’s at our local level (yes I can, it would look like Chicago)
    I have several that are close friends to the point of considering them family and I do fear for their safety if it all falls apart. It's a shame that it's gotten to this point. The no knock warrants, militaration, change from serve and protect to fish for a crime and arrest policies, disrespect towards people while demanding respect has brought us to this point. We all know It's not going to end well for anyone.

Beached

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    No
    They will send more and better armed goons from then on.
    sooner or later the goon squads will knock on a door behind which stands a MF'er thats prepped and able... only a matter of time. yeah, he/she will still get yopped up but if multiple goons go down in the fracas, maybe they'll start using a bit of caution. the current alphabet bois resemble more an more the dreaded brown shirts of pre WW2 germany these days. stay salty...

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have several that are close friends to the point of considering them family and I do fear for their safety if it all falls apart. It's a shame that it's gotten to this point. The no knock warrants, militaration, change from serve and protect to fish for a crime and arrest policies, disrespect towards people while demanding respect has brought us to this point. We all know It's not going to end well for anyone.
    You mean like this one putting a family out of business. I predict nothing happens to them or her. She is merrily photographing a gunshop's records on her private cell phone.
    1711118128108.png

Southalabama

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A person who willfully engages in the business of dealing in firearms without the required license is subject to criminal prosecution, and can be sentenced to up to five years in prison, fined up to $250,000, or both. See 18 U.S.C. § 922(a)(1)(A)

AFT seems to think it should be more.

A raid at dawn. BS

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    stage20 said:

You're expecting a truthful answer from a real agent? Probably come bust down my door for this post.
    I was hoping the agent would fall for my bait post lol!!!!!
    Only hope for such if one is suicidal. You may take out the first one or even the first wave. But unless you have a very good escape plan it ends in siege that one can not likely win.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What's the saying? "Live free or die"
    It is a choice, but one that does not have much of future. As many say there are hills that you fight to death on and others that you do not.
    Provoking the Feds to raid you house is nothing that I would want to happen. Now if I had a terminal cancer, my attitude might be different lol.

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Only hope for such if one is suicidal. You may take out the first one or even the first wave. But unless you have a very good escape plan it ends in siege that one can not likely win.
    I think you read my post completely wrong there. If your comment was towards that.

I'm wasnt asking for a no knock warrant to be served on any members house lol that's too funny. I was trying to trick an agent to respond and answer my post with the details of the warrant and simply blow their cover on this forum... which obviously no one would do. It was a weak attempt at humor on this forum......

Looks like the guy had a record of selling freshly bought new guns to convicted felons... seems the atf was doing a good job keeping us safe this time.

skippyt

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Reading between the lines here, there is this citizen with a good paying, civil service job, $200k per yr, nice looking home in the suburbs...

Maybe he was bored with his life and wanted some excitement, so buying and selling firearms to criminals gave him that outlet/buzz, made his life a little more exciting from the normal boredom??

There are some really crazy people in my company of 16,000 employees, most of which I have total disdain for and would not want any kind of interaction with, so, who knows what he needed to do to feel important/masculine, maybe his wife was in on it too, like a role play of a bad boy??

Just my guess is all.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Interesting comments here and on other gun boards now that, as Paul Harvey says, "and now... the rest of the story" has surfaced.

I was in my LGS yesterday and this incident came up... all three guys, including the owner, saw nothing wrong with what the guy was doing... I really wasn't surprised. They felt his private sales were well within his Constitutional rights regardless of who was buying.

Some people are "absolutest" when it comes to various Constitutional issues, laws, and other things subject to interpretation.

When the story broke,,, the pitch forks came out immediately for the ATF... now that additional info has been discovered, the mood against the ATF really hasn't been tempered.

I see it this way... some people hate the ATF so much (as there certainly is a lot to hate) they can't see this specific incident for what it was... the same that people in the country hate Trump so much they can see the state of the country for what it is.

When I visited the Custer Battlefield I saw a sticker that read "Custer Had It Coming"... IMO, this guy and the guy I spoke of in our county that got murdered also had it coming.

I really don't care how many guns a person flips for a profit or how many trades one does... but knowingly putting firearms in the hands of criminals is where I draw the line. Like I said in my earlier post... this is exactly why politicians are hammering us with more "laws"... laws that really don't do anything but make it more difficult for the lawful citizen to enjoy firearms and the shooting sports.

chef_josh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Interesting comments here and on other gun boards now that, as Paul Harvey says, "and now... the rest of the story" has surfaced.

I was in my LGS yesterday and this incident came up... all three guys, including the owner, saw nothing wrong with what the guy was doing... I really wasn't surprised. They felt his private sales were well within his Constitutional rights regardless of who was buying.

Some people are "absolutest" when it comes to various Constitutional issues, laws, and other things subject to interpretation.

When the story broke,,, the pitch forks came out immediately for the ATF... now that additional info has been discovered, the mood against the ATF really hasn't been tempered.

I see it this way... some people hate the ATF so much (as there certainly is a lot to hate) they can't see this specific incident for what it was... the same that people in the country hate Trump so much they can see the state of the country for what it is.

When I visited the Custer Battlefield I saw a sticker that read "Custer Had It Coming"... IMO, this guy and the guy I spoke of in our county that got murdered also had it coming.

I really don't care how many guns a person flips for a profit or how many trades one does... but knowingly putting firearms in the hands of criminals is where I draw the line. Like I said in my earlier post... this is exactly why politicians are hammering us with more "laws"... laws that really don't do anything but make it more difficult for the lawful citizen to enjoy firearms and the shooting sports.
    I couldn’t agree more. Nobody doesn’t like the ATF more than me. The no knock raid wasn’t necessary, but nonetheless, I have zero sympathy for those contributing to arming criminals. In fact, with everything going on currently, it’s never been more important than it is right now to make sure we aren’t letting any of our guns fall into the wrong hands.

PS- if you’re gonna carry a truck gun, please don’t be leaving the case in plain view with your Glock and Sig stickers on the back windshield

Top Bottom