• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 72sofsme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The ATF has released a new rule forcing all citizens to disclose all information about gunpowder storage! Quick video show all information about this, including cited documents posted by gov’t agencies involved.

History does seem to repeat itself!

sakorey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    I'm all against the ATF like the next guy, but I'm just trying to sift through the legal jargon trying to make sure it's saying exactly what it's saying in case it applies to me. Anyone able to find where the specify that gunpowder is included in this new ruling? From what I've read so far, gunpowder hasn't been named.

Here's the proposed rule so you don't have to search for it:
    https://www.regulations.gov/document/ATF-2023-0001-0001

edit:
    So I also did see that the ATF considers black powder a low explosive material, so that could potentially fall under this new ruling. It doesn't mention smokeless gunpowder though. You're probably right though. They'll use this as a platform to try to target gunpowder. I just can't seem to find anything ironclad yet.
    https://www.atf.gov/explosives/black-powder

Last edited:

sloporsche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    I'm all against the ATF like the next guy, but I'm just trying to sift through the legal jargon trying to make sure it's saying exactly what it's saying in case it applies to me. Anyone able to find where the specify that gunpowder is included in this new ruling? From what I've read so far, gunpowder hasn't been named.

edit:
    So I also did see that the ATF considers black powder a low explosive material, so that could potentially fall under this new ruling. It doesn't mention smokeless gunpowder though. You're probably right though. They'll use this as a platform to try to target gunpowder. I just can't seem to find anything ironclad yet.
    Body blow ,death by a thousand cuts anti gun laws ,i bet they have stacks of proposed laws on the shelf enacted slowly after each and every news worthy shooting .We can help ourselves abet very small by going over our weapons security eg how are they stored ,who are we selling to etc

72sofsme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

edit:
    Look, I see what you are saying and I think we are all on the same page here. BUT, think about 1) who (specific agency) is seeking this rule and 2) what actions they have taken recently against the Bill of Rights, specifically the 2nd Amendment! I found that once I ‘zoom out’ just enough that this does seem like a very targeted response and that any gunpowder would be considered.
    I know ATF considers blackpowder as an explosive but it falls short of other legal definitions (bristance comes to mind).

sakorey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    I agree that we're all on the same page. I'm just trying to figure out if I'm about to lose my gunpowder in a boating accident after this ruling goes into effect.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Terrible tragedy...
    Where's the marshmallows when I need them?

In all seriousness, pay cash and nobody knows what you have. No paper trails is the name of the game... this includes no background checks too. Down with all FFL's. Down with ordering anything on the internet. Down with NRA membership and the like. Down with public range sign in sheets. It's all registration (100%) and all blatantly illegal anti Second Amendment.

Registration is the first step for confiscation

Last edited:

dirtingd

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Controlled disarming. Once you know where 95 percent of it is who is to keep them and the IRS with their Armed agents from coming for it...lol

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    If this passes (which it probably won't) get ready for every fire department in the whole freaking country to double in size to handle the workload of reporting phone calls and filing all the phone calls and following up on all the phone calls and investigating people who aren't in compliance... oh and get ready for every single fire department to be militarized, start packing serious heat and be issued surplus armored vehicles... in the name of firefighter's safety, of course

Top Bottom