• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IronBeard

Master
    Seems we can all agree the firearms in schools is a good thing.
    It could be. IMO, I'm hesitant on the arming of a person I can't trust to teach, or "protect and serve," in a constitutional, unbiased, manner. At this point, I can see my way supporting the arming of custodians, janitors, or whatever the proper title is these days.

Last edited:

lil'skeet

Master
    It could be. IMO, I'm hesitate on the arming of a person I can't trust to teach, or "protect and serve," in a constitutional, unbiased, manner. At this point, I can see my way supporting the arming of custodians, janitors, or whatever the proper title is these days.
    I kinda feel the same way, but if a teacher wanted to hurt our children, it wouldn't take carrying a firearm to do it. Poison, indoctrination, you name it. Teachers are with kids (while they are awake) for more hours than the parents are.
    I compare it to resourceful prisoners that make weapons out of everything, hide them in only God only knows where places, cook meth made from battery acid and other nutritious things things available in prison. Evil will find a way to be evil.
    If law abiding gun owners will be put under a microscope and have special "committees" patched together by gov to monitor and persecute them, then those same law abiding gun owners can do it for teachers. Good for me, good for thee.

IronBeard

Master
    I kinda feel the same way, but if a teacher wanted to hurt our children, it wouldn't take carrying a firearm to do it. Poison, indoctrination, you name it. Teachers are with kids (while they are awake) for more hours than the parents are.
    I compare it to resourceful prisoners that make weapons out of everything, hide them in only God only knows where places, cook meth made from battery acid and other nutritious things things available in prison. Evil will find a way to be evil.
    If law abiding gun owners will be put under a microscope and have special "committees" patched together by gov to monitor and persecute them, then those same law abiding gun owners can do it for teachers. Good for me, good for thee.
    Yep, I'm right there with ya. At least there are two of us ;-)

I'll freely admit my life experiences have resulted in somewhat jaded outlook on humanity. The closest I will ever get to all people are essentially good, is people are good until it becomes/is made personal. You can call that selfish, survival, whatever. That's how the humanzee functions. Anyway...

I personally do not care one bit if a person determined to be sane and capable of sound decisions (without bias) owns, carries, and uses whatever tool(s) they feel are required to get them through the day/task at hand. IMO, that is no different than your choice to own/drive a particular vehicle. If we can't trust a fellow Patriot (purpoosley not using 'citizen') to possess and use whatever inanimate object/machine they like, why are WE THE PEOPLE alllowing those persons to move freely about OUR society? Much worse, baby-sit/teach our children?

M60Gunner

Master
    How will the identities of said guardians be made known to responding LEO?

lil'skeet

Master

That is sad. Sadder that it is covered up. We literally live in a world that in order to maybe survive you have to think every wants to rob, harm or kill you. LEO 100% wrong just due to the fact of shooting him in the back without attempting to figure out if he were good or bad. Civilians are responsible for what is behind there target, LEO should be held to a higher standard. I respect LEO and what most do but that is bullsh#t.

lil'skeet

Master

Looks like by the way it's been going by the time law enforcement gets there the crime scene will be cleaned up bodies buried and school being demolished.

IronBeard

Master

Going in, I need to secure/hold the outer perimeter long enough to allow me to breach any physical security measures. I prefer not to do this in a manner that does not give "opposing forces" on/on the X time to do anything significant about it. If you leave the door open/unlocked, are distracted/unprepared, etc., that was my goal, thanks. Next step is to avoid/engage/eliminate any opposition that stands between me and the objective. SRO; that's you. Ready? You didn't say no, so, Go! Yeah, it happens that fast...

That's the real world boys and girls. If you think those whose sole purpose (insane though it may very well be) is to succeed give .01 about your badge, clothing, or desire to go home, morals, blah- blah-blah, you are at a self-inflicted disadvantage. Not typing this to hurt feelings. If protecting schools is your current hill to die on, I suggest you plan not to die on it. And I also suggest you plan to deal with actual vs dictated/perceived threats. What your managers/supervisors/politicians are telling you just might not be the "truth" you think it is. Constitutional Oath.

Last edited:

IronBeard

Master
    That is sad. Sadder that it is covered up. We literally live in a world that in order to maybe survive you have to think every wants to rob, harm or kill you. LEO 100% wrong just due to the fact of shooting him in the back without attempting to figure out if he were good or bad. Civilians are responsible for what is behind there target, LEO should be held to a higher standard. I respect LEO and what most do but that is bullsh#t.
    Ab-so-effin-lutely, 24/7/365. If the 24/7/365 ability/authority to confront, question, detain, search, seize, arrest, and/or use deadly force, fully knowing "the system" is by default on your side has been bestowed upon you, you should 110% be held to a higher standard, 24/7/365.

There is no such thing, that I'm aware of, as "off duty," because that bestowed ability/authority is 24/7/365 once one is sworn. Considering, I will cannot never accept the "off duty" defense under current circumstances. Do I think everybody deserves time off; down time? Yep, certainly, without question. In fact, I personally would mandate and enforce that.

I didn't create the current LE employment circumstances, and have to assume all agreed to them before "signing on." I haven't encountered anyone "forced" into service since the 70s. Maybe it's time associations/unions explore the feasibility of turning that bestowed authority on/off with the scheduled shift?

For those that willfully hold themselves to the oath/standards, good for you. I know it sucks, but thanks.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom