• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pavegunner1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't have much experience with optics, crew up shooting only iron sights. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Looking for the best BANG for the buck........thanks.:help:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    What would be the purpose of the AR this optic would be going on? Do you want an actual rifle scope, or are you interested in red dots as well?

pavegunner1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nothing long range, more for tactical shooting. Red dot would work fine. I've seen a few that are priced well but not sure about reliability.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nothing long range, more for tactical shooting. Red dot would work fine. I've seen a few that are priced well but not sure about reliability.

In that case, I would strongly recommend the Vortex Strikefire. They can be picked up for $120 on sale and they are worth every penny, IMO. You can probably also get away with a Bushnell TRS-25, but I don't have any personal experience with those.

pavegunner1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Excellent, thanks for the advice TennJepp. BTW.......just curious, how long do I stay a 22lr before I'm promoted to next caliber? :smilet-digitalpoint

pavegunner1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks Dan, any luck on the tractor? If I still had my place in Holt I woulda snagged it from ya. No need now since we moved, good luck with the sale......excellent price on it.

jclark77

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In that case, I would strongly recommend the Vortex Strikefire. They can be picked up for $120 on sale and they are worth every penny, IMO. You can probably also get away with a Bushnell TRS-25, but I don't have any personal experience with those.

This is welcome news. I am currently building my first AR and I just ordered a strikefire based on the overwhelming number of positive reviews I ran across. Palmetto State Armory has them on sale for $120 right now and I believe I saw them at Cabelas for the same price. Palmetto State is also running a deal on a bundle with a set of aluminum flip up iron sites for $170.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Thanks Dan, any luck on the tractor? If I still had my place in Holt I woulda snagged it from ya. No need now since we moved, good luck with the sale......excellent price on it.

Yes, it actually sold today. Whoo Hoo! All the cash went to the boss' new ride though.
    maduju2y.jpg

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Very nice, great valentines gift for the .......boss

Yeah! Well, it kinda matches my Escalade. Cute isn't it !?! In a corny and nauseating kind of way.
    Anyway , I spent all day driving to Panama City and back getting her some chickens. That was her real Valentine's. She was much more excited about the birds than the car , that's an old Georgia farm girl for ya.

Also, another vote for the Vortex. I've had one, and I'll be buying 2 for my zombie guns soon.
    hajasuja.jpg

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    ^^^+3 on the strikefire. Finished my first build using one and it has been great. I went thru Palmetto and picked up the sights as well. Hard to beat for $120. It comes with a screw on magnifier but haven't used it yet.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Iwb4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Also look into the Lucid HD7, have had very good results with it. It's lesser known, but very good quality. Really fits into the inbetween aimpoint and bottom dollar red dots. I also have a sparc that I like as well, but really love the Lucid.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Also look into the Lucid HD7, have had very good results with it. It's lesser known, but very good quality. Really fits into the inbetween aimpoint and bottom dollar red dots. I also have a sparc that I like as well, but really love the Lucid.

Looks like it could be the next big thing. Hmm..,

Top Bottom