Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

AR hack using fixed magpul carbine stock.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
Where did you see it so I can try and do it also? I have been wanting to do something like this for a simple and inexpensive fixed stock for my ARs. Nice to see ideas and have a place to talk about them and make them actually happen.
There's an ar15 in 7.62 x 39 on the for sale section. Drlangly has it for sale used Silvan folding stock with it

Reaction score
There's an ar15 in 7.62 x 39 on the for sale section. Drlangly has it for sale used Silvan folding stock with it
I checked it out, that would be an awesome setup for the money. But if your trying to keep costs way down your setup it perfect. Right where you need it every time and easy to do at home with simple tools.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
I checked it out, that would be an awesome setup for the money. But if your trying to keep costs way down your setup it perfect. Right where you need it every time and easy to do at home with simple tools.
Yep. Uses the carbine buffer and spring too. $25 = magpul fixed stock. I should make tubes an sell um.

850guns

Expert
Reaction score
So, how does it attach? I only have 1 fixed stock and IIRC it attaches to the back of the buffer tube with a screw.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
So, how does it attach? I only have 1 fixed stock and IIRC it attaches to the back of the buffer tube with a screw.
These are designed to screw together at the front of the carbine buffer tube at the ridge. By cutting a pass thru you can move it back to any spot you want too. Also the cut does not get into the tube. Still sealed.

Last edited:
Toggle Sidebar

Sponsors

Holsters
3rd Coast
Top Bottom