• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0

Canadian police warn that posting videos of alleged package thieves could be ‘violation' of their privacy. 'You cannot post the images yourself because you have to remember, in Canada, we have a presumption of innocence,' the police officer warned​

By Alexander Hall Fox News
    Published January 11, 2024 8:03am EST

The Sûreté du Québec (SQ) warned local citizens against sharing footage of alleged porch thieves. "You cannot post the images yourself because you have to remember, in Canada, we have a presumption of innocence and posting that picture could be a violation of private life," SQ communications officer Lt. Benoit Richard warned.

"If you get some proof that somebody might have stolen something, call the police, give that proof to the police," he said. "We'll do the investigation, bring that person to justice and file some charges."

People who post security footage of their packages being stolen could face potential defamation charges, according to CTV.

So let me get this straight. You pay for the installation of a camera and a correction to watch your front porch. However, if you post a criminal stealing from your front porch with images from the camera that you paid for, you are the criminal. Makes sence to me, canada.

image.jpg

Carl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Canada sucks but the US isn't any better these days, is it? It may change here once all the "I got mine" generation die off. Not holding my breath but we can hope.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "If you get some proof that somebody might have stolen something, call the police, give that proof to the police," he said. "We'll do the investigation, bring that person to justice and file some charges."

This is what maintains the division. Should investigations and filing charges not come before bringing a person to justice? Democrats' dream...

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    They have it worse than us! I have been pondering, as many Guatemalans that have shown up here lately, maybe real estate might be cheap there??
    IDK, I could be wrong...

Top Bottom