Patriot Mobile

Anyone use a vortex reddot or the vortex strikefire?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebuilt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Looking for a budget scope/ reddot and have read good reveiws on ar15forum about them. Wondering If anyone here has had any experiance.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have one and I love it. Very hard to beat for the price!

Crappy picture, but you can probably tell that it will absolutely cowitness.

Last edited:

Rebuilt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The warranty seems to be outstanding as well. I need to save up and get one. I finished my ar build before xmas and don't have any sights yet....at all. I wasn't to worried since I only managed to scrounge 300 rounds before everything went bananas lol.

blazein

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a sparc with a cowitness mount you can try out for a weekend if you like. I like it alot but I am more of a tack driver guy. I also have a cheap BSA eotech knock off on my Hipoint 9mm carbine that really does a great job @ 25 yds

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have a sparc with a cowitness mount you can try out for a weekend if you like. I like it alot but I am more of a tack driver guy. I also have a cheap BSA eotech knock off on my Hipoint 9mm carbine that really does a great job @ 25 yds

I've been considering the Vortex StrikeFire for my Storm carbine (40 S&W). A buddy let me try his EO Tech XPS2-0 but the $500 price tag is a bit tough to swallow. Bass Pro carries the SF for under $170

Pigman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Go with the vortex, love the company and warranty. Prices are great now!! They are coming out with a new 3x magnifier with a swing out mount. This will replace the VMX3 (which works great). I just picked up 2 Strikefires on sale at PSA for 124 each. Just watch for the sales.

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    TeenJeep...great lookin gun...i'm still a lil new to the long guns so sorry for the newbie q/a...i did a lil research on the Strikefire, and some say it comes with a 2x magnifier in the box...if you wanted could you buy the 3x and then use it with the 2x??

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    TeenJeep...great lookin gun...i'm still a lil new to the long guns so sorry for the newbie q/a...i did a lil research on the Strikefire, and some say it comes with a 2x magnifier in the box...if you wanted could you buy the 3x and then use it with the 2x??

I don't mind being the first to tell you that the 2X magnifier that comes with the Strikefire is basically worthless. The quality is poor and it distorts the sight picture. I've heard that the 3X magnifiers that Vortex makes work very well, though.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I don't mind being the first to tell you that the 2X magnifier that comes with the Strikefire is basically worthless. The quality is poor and it distorts the sight picture. I've heard that the 3X magnifiers that Vortex makes work very well, though.

True, and IF you have OLD eyes, none of the red dots are as accurate as a compact scope for you. I have learned by buying them I can only use a halogaphic/red dot on a shotgun, maybe a close range weapon. But for accuracy on a 22 or where you want a bullseye every time I cannot do it, minute of pig on the shoulder is ok. I have had the strikefire and it is great, the doubler a waste of time.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have both, the strikefire and the sparc. I have seen cleaner dots, but they are triple and quadruple the price of the vortex units. That beings said, its hardly anything to criticize as I've also seen much worse. Another viable option for comparison is the Primary Arms red-dots, although they are chinese made, Vortex is American made...but not their red-dots come to think of it.

Ask Matt about his, he has the sparc. If you wanna fondle both options, let me know, you can come over and check them out.

Had to send the strikefire in once for warranty work. Emailed Vortex, they sent an RMA#, sent it in, quick fix, and sent back all within about 2 weeks. Its not a problem, something having a problem, its how the company handles said problem that makes the difference.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm sure you do. People that drive toyotas like their toyotas, but if they could afford a porsche....

lol

Top Bottom