• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    aviation support....NASP is full up on this training !!:first:

I believe you it just funny cause she ask me why I have to carry a gun and got 2 rifles. I just look at her and think did you get in the air force

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Did this retired Air Force guy just refer to AR-15's as Automatic Machine Guns in the first paragraph?! Then he said prove to me someone said they are coming for out guns, hello! Hilary has stated the Australian model is something that should be looked at for America!!

He's referring to two seperate campaign events. One is a ar15 give away, the other is a nfa full auto shoot.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I seriously doubt the AF has anything to do with his opinion on firearms. My step daughter, though she wasn't exactly anti-2A, didn't really care for guns before she went in the AF. Her job has nothing at all to do with guns but since she got in she's become a big fan of them. I guess it was in basic training where she dealt with them. Now, when she comes home on leave I can't afford to keep her in ammo.:confused:

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was in the Air Force and carried a sidearm 4 of the 6 years. Not a cop type either. ICBM guidance technicians were always armed when working. We had to qualify annually with sidearm and M16.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I do my best hunting with M60' s, preferred weapon of choice for deer or hog hunting...:hat:

AR's are for rabbits....and coyotes...(I am kidding folks, no rocks..):wacko:

muskets were state of the art assault weapons in the mid 1700's, no reason not to have what our military has....makes perfect sense to me...

Switzerland allows you to keep the service weapon you had, when you leave the service, bigger than AR's

kanaka

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Once again:

Facebook-My-hero-141ec7.png

Attachments

• Facebook-My-hero-141ec7.png
      Facebook-My-hero-141ec7.png
      105.9 KB · Views: 365
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Did this retired Air Force guy just refer to AR-15's as Automatic Machine Guns in the first paragraph?! Then he said prove to me someone said they are coming for out guns, hello! Hilary has stated the Australian model is something that should be looked at for America!!

No. He was referring to the machinegun shooting event at the Pensacola Indoor range.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    It is no wonder we can't seem to get anything coordinated, most of us can't even understand what is written and just go off with our own interpretation, and start spreading false narratives. Kind of like when back in school they lined us up and teacher whispered something in 1st guys ear and by the time it got to the end it was totally different. LOL but not really that funny.
    PS: I'm glad I didn't see my picture when I opened the thread.

olecarver

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    From the way this thread is sounding ,,,I wont be getting a new shinny M-60 ???? OK so anyone have an old rusty one will do,,Hunting season is coming up soon

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I was in the Air Force and I love guns... I guess the military is a different world now?

It is just that the Air Force is full of liberals. I did 9 years in the Air Force Reserve (1995-2004) and it was hard to deal with a lot of people. With my Marine Corps background, it was a hard transition. Much of the Air Force is nothing more than civilians in uniform. There are some exceptions. That is why the Air Force is comprised mostly on non-combatant career fields. There are a lot of little pansies in blue. I am proud to say that I did serve with several good men and women who were not a bunch of sheep.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was in the Air Force and I love guns... I guess the military is a different world now?

I know if I was in there I'll love guns to some ppl get in there to get the easy way out. And some women who ain't pretty go in to get men. Cause I think that's why she still there.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    From the way this thread is sounding ,,,I wont be getting a new shinny M-60 ???? OK so anyone have an old rusty one will do,,Hunting season is coming up soon

yep, I can take rust off and make it purr again.....little oil here,little there....hello, come say hello to my little friend..

bcane98

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It is just that the Air Force is full of liberals. I did 9 years in the Air Force Reserve (1995-2004) and it was hard to deal with a lot of people. With my Marine Corps background, it was a hard transition. Much of the Air Force is nothing more than civilians in uniform. There are some exceptions. That is why the Air Force is comprised mostly on non-combatant career fields. There are a lot of little pansies in blue. I am proud to say that I did serve with several good men and women who were not a bunch of sheep.

You've been out of the military for a while by the tone of your comment... Many of these so called "little pansies in blue" are filling combatant roles with very little combat training and/or experience. Quite a few of the Support roles in the AF were back filling Army vacancies because of too much war and not enough resources. But this isn't quite what the post is about though, it's about some knucklehead posting his opinion, and trying to use his affiliation to prove a point... ;)

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here is a snap shot. State ACLU Board Member, President Panhandle Chapter ACLU of Florida for starters. Theres a bunch at the Link. Screen maybe partially blocked: just scroll the material up. Read it to the bottom of page to see what he is all about. He is so wrapped up he should have added a disclaimer! Voter registration reflects Democrat. Member of the Coffee Party. Phone # and address are easily found on the Net but I see no purpose in posting it.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/dale-e-boswell-7879a424

DaleEB96@gmail.com

Last edited:

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    He's an ACLU guy...that explains a lot. Yea I read the post and while most of all pretty much agree his writing style sux monkey balls as to him getting his point across...it's his opinion, and believe it or not it's what makes America Great, freedom of expression no matter how twisted into one of two sides. It's amazing how some folks can think like that, but such is life. While I value all opinions, I do not have to agree with it.

While I may have retired from the Marines in 2004, from my point of view, the Air Force is soft. I have worked at Hurlbert Field the AFSOC east base since I retired and I call the place 'Camp Snoopy'. No formation runs, forced marches or anything remotely looking like a Special Operations Capable unit from my view. While I'm not a 'snake eater' by MOS myself nor do I claim to be, I was part of several SOC ventures, both the 24th and 26th Mearine Expiditionary Units deployed to the Mediterranean Sea and also the USMC east coat unit, Special Operations Training Group with FLeet Antiterroism Support Team (battalion) was a forerunner (in training and purpose) to today's MARSOC for anti terrorism. I was with the aviation detachment that deployed supported them, trained with team. While the overall deployment cycle of the Air Force has kept most units short handed and they had to bring in civilian contractors to fill the gaps, I have not seen deployments on the scale I did in the Marines. While individually I have met a few Airman that had they chosen to could have been Marines that is few and far between. Not once in my 12 yrs on that base have I seen or heard any sort of ass chewing....as if these new guys are milenials whose feelings can't be hurt...again, just my $.02. Carry on.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Camp Snoopy LOL, I've been on Hurlburt for over 14 years and don't quite have that impression. I work at the 19th SOS, we do crew training and I've seen some bad assess go through here. I think they get training that we might not see, I wouldn't doubt some of them train with the Army 7th special forces group. For the most part it's an Air Force (Flight Crew) Special Ops base, you can't really compare that to the mission of a lot of Marines.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Rag on the Air Force all you want but unless I am wrong Air Support usually comes from above. But the Marines don't ever need that because they run 5 miles every morning and go on forced marches and can stay up for 36 hours.

Time for me to watch my key board before I get kicked off. I did alot of work on B52 engines to keep bombers flying just to maybe help Marines and Army guys and to maybe kill some bad guys to. Nice to know what some Marines thought about us.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom