• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I've been dealing with GunBroker.com for nearly a decade. Never a problem. Until now.
    A seller offered a firearm that was factory new, but when it arrived at ffl, it was obvious it was not.
    Tell me your experiences.....

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I sent him a message. To upset to call. Before bidding I specifically asked him if it was factory new or used like new. He said it was factory new. Come to find out it was Registered to him. He now claims it was never fired and put in his safe. Took it out of the safe and back in box to ship. FRAUD!
    It wouldn't bother me if he had been honest with me at the beginning.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I've completed several Gun Broker transactions and all went quite smoothly (knock wood). Good luck in resolving your issue.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I've been dealing with GunBroker.com for nearly a decade. Never a problem. Until now.
    A seller offered a firearm that was factory new, but when it arrived at ffl, it was obvious it was not.
    Tell me your experiences.....

Was it an FFL selling? If not then it can’t be factory new.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I always ask the seller questions before bidding, if anything at all in the listing strikes me as odd or unclear. I recently saw an older gun listed as "New Old Stock." To me, that means a new but probably out of production gun that was never sold at retail. This seller replied that to him it meant an older gun that "looked new & unfired" but had been previously sold. While I disagree with his definition, I appreciated his honest reply, even though I found the item description misleading.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    On the same topic with you seasoned Gun Broker users, What's the best payment methods for buyer protection?
    I like to use a credit card for all online purchases if possible. On GB I'll use it even if there is a surcharge involved (usually 3%, if any)...I consider it added insurance. I'd have to want an item (unavailable elsewhere) pretty badly to send a check or money order to a stranger, but fortunately I've never had a problem (knock wood).

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Been on GB for awhile. I've won some auctions that ended up not being as described but they came to a decent conclusion. I've sold quite a bit and have taken back a couple of things because the buyer didn't read the description or didn't want to keep the item.

What's the guys rating? Any history in the comments?

Spot, if able, CC is going to be your best protection as a buyer. check/mo/zelle/venmo aren't going to give you much recourse. Guys like to bring up the interstate mail fraud if you use a MO but generally, you're not going to be able to generate enough interest to get support for anyone else (PO or cops) to resolve anything. Paypal may provide some protection but depending on the item, because of their anti gun stance, they may bail on you.

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I submitted a formal complaint to GunBroker. I didn't know he wasn't ffl when he said it was new.
    Best way to pay is with c.c. and instant checkout.

Duckyou

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I like to use a credit card for all online purchases if possible. On GB I'll use it even if there is a surcharge involved (usually 3%, if any)...I consider it added insurance. I'd have to want an item (unavailable elsewhere) pretty badly to send a check or money order to a stranger, but fortunately I've never had a problem (knock wood).

definately - I use American Express for all these. I have had them refund me before.

Duckyou

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I submitted a formal complaint to GunBroker. I didn't know he wasn't ffl when he said it was new.
    Best way to pay is with c.c. and instant checkout.

Gunbroker displays that they are an FFL.

I buy mostly used stuff online and consider it a bonus if there is nothing that needs fixing/replacing/cleaning.

On Gunbroker I have scored some real deals on nasty guns with bad pics - G26 for $200 was probably the best - had fresh night sights. After an hour of cleaning it looked new!

Top Bottom