• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    :rolleyes: They're good for back support, too, when throwing around bariatric patients

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Here are some options...

With a quality holster from Dark Star gear, Holsterco, Philster, JMkydex, etc.
    Don't go cheap on ccw equipment

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    If it doesn't look like a duck or talk like a duck, then it's less likely to be recognized as a duck

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200423-204542_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20200423-204542_Chrome.jpg
      106.2 KB · Views: 158

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I saw one of these at Jay's Guns in Pensacola a few years ago. Gunsmith was servicing it and showed it off to the crowd

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Lots of bending at the waist and other dynamic movement in your job so ankle carry does make sense. I would try and rig an additional retention strap if possible due to anticipated weapon movement over the course of your work shift (my brother was an ER nurse and worked long hours).

If body armor is being considered I would like to suggest Battle Steel from Botach
    Amazingly light and thin, rated at IIIA but preforms higher. A panel or even two go unnoticed in a backpack. Please let us know how it goes.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dang it man, if you're that worried about it, I think I'd just pick a different hospital to work at. "The only fight you win is the one you see coming and avoid "

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Scrub bottoms have a string tie waist (info for others) and are normally baggy. Untuck the normally baggy top! You also may have the option to wear a Lab Coat over the top. That's a lot of loose clothing to cover a small CC handgun. So baggy the shoulder or IWB holster would be accessible from the waist. So would wearing a Belt & IWB under the scrubs. Scrubs are extremely light material and will "print" very easily when pulled tight, again: baggy is your best concealment. Might be time to review priorities:
    A. Look GQ like Dr Nip/Tuck.
    B. CC?

Do you do gurney to table or bed transfers? What's going to rub on your placement or stretch your cover garment tight?
    There's only one advantage to a ankle rig, nobody will contact you there unintentionally. Any position/movement requiring bent knee may expose the bottom of the rig. Bird legs won't keep a ankle rig "up" unless its tourniquet tight. Lol.
    A shoulder rig discovered with a pat on the back can be called a posture support. Nobody should be doing the "hug" thing anymore.

FamilyFirst

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Certainly baggy yes, but I have always kept my shirt tucked in... or Dr. Nip/Tuck hahahaha. clever. I commonly wear lead covers for use with x-rays which will also help completely conceal on the waist carry. I do not help with positioning and have virtually no contact with anyone at work so that's good news. I just doubt the draw string would be sufficient in holding an extra 20 ounces. Hell my cell phone in my back pocket is hard enough to keep up. I may play around with wearing a belt under the scrubs though. I do like the looks of the tulster IWB/AIWB. Also think the belly band below the drawstring line might be a real possibility.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    How about a very small gun. A NAA revolver and similar. There are quite a few that are super small and weigh <15ozs. Some 10'ish. Even a NAA chambered in 22Short is better than fighting with a bed pan.
    Could you hang something like this around your neck ?? --- SAWMAN

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Not positive about it, but I think if the hospital has regs against employees carrying while on duty/at work, then you can only keep it in your car on their property, otherwise, you could be criminally charged.
    I'm sure the google guys here can find out for sure if this is correct or not.

FamilyFirst

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok so just tried something around the neck and the chest and upper abdomen prints remarkably easy on me. so much so I think anything above the belly is going to have to be ruled out. As for an exceptionally small revolver, its certainly a concealable firearm. I am feeling confident we will figure out the concealment of micro compact 9mm though. In the event it just wont work, I will explore the tiny options

FamilyFirst

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have not seen anything stating anywhere that firearms are prohibited in any of the hospitals I work in. I don't remember signing anything via the credentialing process about the facilities being no carry places. But its certainly worth double and triple checking before I actually start to CCW. If anyone who works at any of the major hospitals or surgery centers knows I would appreciate the input

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    FamilyFirst, if you have your FL CWL, and you want to remain legal, a good start for answers is in FL Statutes 790.06 Section (12)(a).

I'm unable to find the specific link to the "mental health services" caveat restriction for hospitals, though. I just remember it as one of those extra rules...

Regardless of legality, for the practical portion of your question: get a dedicated belt and AIWB holster for your P365. Just put the belt on over your undies, and wear the scrub bottoms over it as appropriate. A sturdy nylon gun belt holding only a holstered handgun is surprisingly comfortable when wearing stuff like scrubs, workout shorts, swimming trunks, whatever.

Google "p365 aiwb" and multiple options will pop up for your consideration.

Wear it at your 12:30, and the only person who will know it's there is your wife.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    By Fl Statute, only correctly Posted signage containing the required legal verbiage carry the weight of Law. The handgun in a red circle with a line across it carries is a suggestion at best, carries no lawful requirement.

There is also some gray area between Statutes on Restricted Locations which don't list hospitals and a seperate Statute that lists mental health facilities. Link provides Gun Lawyer interpretation.

https://www.guntrustlawyer.com/can-i-bring-a-firearm-into-a-hospital-in-florida/

Above applies to general public and employees where addition restrictions are nonexistent. Contract/Travel medical staff may have restrictions in their Primary Contracts AND Hospital Employee Policy can be more restrictive. Your HR Section can direct you to pertinent information. Hospitals often use "Code SILVER" to announce a Firearm Alert followed by Location on the PA system. You may find some "Policy" references connected to the narrative for the Code.

Your concern is also impacted by the potential for double jeopardy First being unlawful if the ER does initial assessment on mental health issues or has a Psyc Ward/Floor/Section, second is if fired/disciplined: the impact on you professional license.

Are Policies no firearms or no firearms AND weapons? If just firearms restricted, you still have options on the table and bigger ones with a permit/license depending what your covers. Ours is a Florida Weapons and Firearms Licence so an Arkansas Toothpick is okay (concealed Lol) where just "firearms" are restricted. Less than Lethal options are better than nothing.

skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Legal stuff aside, I second the suggestion of a belt under your scrubs. Surprisingly comfy and easy in sweats. Can't imagine being different in scrubs.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Top Bottom