• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Signal25

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just moved into a rental behind Lowes. I know we shoot at my buddies house off Hamilton Bridge Rd a lot. Im assuming I fall into the county right? I can shoot in my backyard here?

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Behind Lowes? Shoot a real gun??? Most homes back there sit on small lots, so I wouldn't suggest it....Just depends on where and how much property.

Signal25

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We are on over an acre with a field behind us. But thanks for making an uneducated generalization.
    Again, any real cops in here?

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If I'm not mistaken, and they didn't change that new law, so long as you have adequate back-stop, such as dump truck loads of dirt, or whatnot, you can shoot.
    However, there is a noise ordinance (SRC Ord.) of loud noise after a certain time (10PM, unless that's changed too). However, this should not be an issue, since I wouldn't think you will be shooting after dark.
    Keep in mind, if a round goes stray, and damages property, other than your own, you, the owner will be responsible, and possibly be arrested for criminal negligence.
    And Yes, you are in the "County".
    But if you are a Sig. 25, you don't need a gun. LOL
    Happy shooting.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    An Acre of land is not much when you are considering shooting guns there. You need to review the FL statues as there are several restrictions there. If there are no problems per the statues, Call the Sheriffs Office and ask for a visit. Explain your vast knowledge of the Statues and as the officers position whether a firearm can legally be discharged in the area you want to shoot in. Might be good to "inform" the neighbors and see if anyone has issues. We have a large wild area north of PCB but the County banned shooting there.

Psssssss. Real cops probably want to stay incognito. Just my position.

Last edited:

Signal25

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The times I was shooting at my buddies on Hamilton Bridge, 1 time a Sgt came and said that they couldn't do anything with the new law. The neighbors called about the noise. But being that it was during the day, nothing could be done. We offered the SGT to shoot with us and he declined. We offered free ammo and he declined.
    The second time it was a patrol guy. Basically said he just wanted to make sure we were safe. Offered him to shoot and he declined.
    I just want to make sure that that I am in the county before a pissing match ensues.
    The most we will be shooting here is a .22LR.
    I may/could put up some RR ties to act as a backstop.

Signal25

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Geesh -- since you're taking the asshole position, why bother asking the question? You seem to think you know the answer -- go shoot and see if you get arrested.

Not tryintg to take the a*hole pos. But it seems that's what I got. Im just returning fire.
    Its easy to be big and bad from behind the key board.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Where the hell did you think you were -- City of Milton? There are only a limited number of cities/towns in Santa Rosa County -- Milton, Gulf Breeze, and Jay. If you're not located in one of them -- you're in Santa Rosa County. Pace isn't a city...a simple google search could have answered your question.

Signal25

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Where the hell did you think you were -- City of Milton? There are only a limited number of cities/towns in Santa Rosa County -- Milton, Gulf Breeze, and Jay. If you're not located in one of them -- you're in Santa Rosa County. Pace isn't a city...a simple google search could have answered your question.

Im not sure where I were. (I came from East TX, via Pensacola, via Chumuckla where I am sure we were in the county.) Sometimes when I call GB, I get SRCSO. Sometimes when I called SR, I get GB Proper.
    Its so confusing. I just wanted to make sure. Sorry I buggered up the board with a real question.

We should go shoot sometime and make up.
    Friends?
    Friends.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The 2012 Florida Statutes

Title XLVI
    CRIMES
    Chapter 790
    WEAPONS AND FIREARMS
    View Entire Chapter
    790.15 Discharging firearm in public or on residential property.—
    (1) Except as provided in subsection (2) or subsection (3), any person who knowingly discharges a firearm in any public place or on the right-of-way of any paved public road, highway, or street, who knowingly discharges any firearm over the right-of-way of any paved public road, highway, or street or over any occupied premises, or who recklessly or negligently discharges a firearm outdoors on any property used primarily as the site of a dwelling as defined in s. 776.013 or zoned exclusively for residential use commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083. This section does not apply to a person lawfully defending life or property or performing official duties requiring the discharge of a firearm or to a person discharging a firearm on public roads or properties expressly approved for hunting by the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission or Florida Forest Service.
    (2) Any occupant of any vehicle who knowingly and willfully discharges any firearm from the vehicle within 1,000 feet of any person commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
    (3) Any driver or owner of any vehicle, whether or not the owner of the vehicle is occupying the vehicle, who knowingly directs any other person to discharge any firearm from the vehicle commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
    History.—s. 1, ch. 3289, 1881; RS 2683; GS 3626; RGS 5557; CGL 7743; s. 1, ch. 61-334; s. 745, ch. 71-136; s. 1, ch. 78-17; s. 1, ch. 89-157; s. 229, ch. 99-245; s. 77, ch. 2012-7; s. 3, ch. 2012-108.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Suppressor (or even not suppressed sometimes) + good backstop + neighbors who know you shoot, to whom you've spoken to in advance, and to whom you give consideration as to when you shoot (for example: don't shoot when they have guests over for a backyard cookout or when their kids have other kids over playing in their yard unless suppressed) = happiness and no problems.

Top Bottom