• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    . . . and this is no shit.
    Last night I was out cruising the peanut and cotton fields in my buggy. Stopped to scan a 10A peanut field looking into the wind. This is the field that we have killed multiple hogs.
    Last time Bruce and I had scouted this field we noticed a pecan tree on the edge of it with limbs over hanging the peanuts. I watched this field and the farmers roads from about 450yds away. Tons of deer but no hogs. I had the buggy tucked into the moons shade on the edge of another field.
    After about an hour I decided to move up closer to the field. From afar the only area of the field hidden by brush was about 1/4A where the pecan tree was.
    As I approached the field and could see around the corner,I saw about 7 or 8 hogs in the peanuts and on the edge under the pecans. I swung the buggy towards them so I could use the gunners strap hanging from the overhead roll bar. Most of the hogs,the 40-80 pounders were in the peanuts but the big guy(or girl) stayed right on the edge in the tall weeds and vines.
    This had to be the sounders HMFIC. That would be my target.
    The hog was nervious as the front of my buggy was out in the bright moonlight. It would not come out into the field. After about 5 minutes I deceided to take the shot. Since "nothing escapes thermal" I could see the silhouette of the hog just into the weeds that were adjacient to some really thick brush with a shallow gully running through it.
    I did not want to chance a CNS shot so I held high shoulder and sent one. ( WRONG !! ) At the shot the hog went down and started squealing. I swung on the other hogs hopeing to get a shot. Jeeeeeeze !! They covered about 30yds of tall peanuts in about 2-3 seconds.
    I swung back to the hog I had "killed". EFFIN GONE !! I waited about 5 minutes then put up my rifle and got out my pistol (Glock 32 with 147gr Hornady XTP's) and my 4000L light and went to have a look.
    NO HOG !! Little to none depth perception using thermal sooooo . . . how far away was to target hog ?? I went into the thick shit. My thermal viewer was useless. My light was little help. Shadows everywhere and looking for a dull black hog.
    Was in the pucker brush for about an hour. (Reminded me of the ""good ol' daze") No blood,no fresh broken brush,no fresh tracks in the ravine, NO HOG.
    I hate that. Notified Bruce and John and they will keep an eye out for turkey vultures . . . BUT DAAAAAMN !!! ---- SAWMAN

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I went out to look for Sawman’s “hog”. Found no hog. Did find the 6.8 SPC empty that he planted as evidence he shot. Thought I smelled death in the cotton field, but nothing found.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    If the hog made it thru the pines and into the cotton it would surprise me. But in the cotton would be better for indication from the turkey vultures.
    Looked up and down on the cotton side also. No blood or other sign over there.
    Thanks for the brass . . . I will gladly pay you $80.00 for it. --- SAWMAN

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    For the pics or it didn’t happen people, here’s the 6.8 brass I picked up at the scene.
    E5210EDB-3C8A-4A47-B43D-728C5C0E208F.jpeg

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    He looks at you like he found out that you had another gunsmith,besides JJ,do some work for you.
    He ALWAYS looks at your throat.
    SCARY !! --- SAWMAN

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    People often misinterpret it when a cat brings them a dead animal, they think he’s brought them a offering, he is in fact delivering a warning.

7C9121E1-AC20-40EF-8A72-4F1000ED4E00.jpeg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom