• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Just-a-man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I never imagined I would see people selling ammo at the prices we see today. Seems to me like the prices will continue to climb for sometime. I am curious to know what everyone's opinion is on when the price of ammo will decrease? Or if it ever will decrease?

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    As I remember, it was approaching 3 years before .22 returned to the shelves after previous panics. The other calibers slowly became available before that.
    .380 was one of the last.
    But in the previous panics,hunting ammo was still available. I’ve not seen shelves totally empty previously just as I’ve not seen people buying all the guns, just those considered to be “assault weapons”.
    I just hope the upcoming administration doesn’t do something to prevent ammo’s recovery.

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Because the current administration is coming in going for the throat of anything gun related and they have made it clear before even getting in there.. so people are getting what they can get their hands on.

Time will tell and what legislation comes out that gets put into laws on how this will play out.

DoubleTa

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I don't see any reasons anywhere for prices to come down any time soon. I think the first sign of progress in the right direction will be availability somewhere above next to nill. Which is where we're at now.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Federal has already stated their prices will increase by 10-15% next month. In my unprofessional opinion we will never see a case of 9mm sub $200 or 223/556 under $300. Maybe...maybe after the next 4 years and a new administration eases the potential market scare.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I believe that even after the 4 years,the raw material cost will have gone up,so prices will stay up.
    IMO - -> and it will really surprise me,if the prices for firearms,powder,primers,loaded ammo,reloading consumables will EVER drop/fall. EVER !!
    MOST ALL ARE WAAAAAAAY BEHIND THE BUYING CURVE . JM Forkin' O. ---- SAWMAN

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Multi year backlogs are easily canceled. People place orders under panic conditions and if the market begins to correct itself some, if not most will cancel those orders.
    At this point everything hangs on what Biden does or doesn’t do. If they start to ban everything under the sun, it’ll never get better, or If they just throw around talking points with no action.
    Who knows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Common sense would say they wouldn't get rid of an aspect of this economy that makes quite a bit of money that they can get tax revenue off of..

But then again, that is common sense and that doesn't exist with the government..especially democraps.

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Once 98% of the existing gun owners become felons, there will be a gross amount ready to be bought from the guys that no longer have guns....

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Federal has already stated their prices will increase by 10-15% next month. In my unprofessional opinion we will never see a case of 9mm sub $200 or 223/556 under $300. Maybe...maybe after the next 4 years and a new administration eases the potential market scare.

not then either, the market will continue to keep those prices high.....

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I think ammo problems are likely here to stay, at least until after the mid term elections have come and gone. Biden/Harris are all for opening up firearm manufacturers to lawsuits for someone misusing their products, and I'm sure that before long it will extend to ammo manufacturers and even to the place of purchase. High prices and shortages are going to be the new normal until we get a new government, however that may come about. The left has spent decades trying to take the guns and failed. This year's gun purchases alone were record breaking just about every month. It makes sense for them to do everything in their power to hit ammo manufacturing. Probably easier to target anyway, given the environmental licensing, storage restrictions, etc.
    Even for those of us who reload, getting necessary components like primers has been difficult. Pretty soon, the only people you'll see at the range are guys with flint locks or who stocked up early, even they will have to slow their range time down or be like the rest of us who look at our dwindling supplies and are getting antsy.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Just-a-man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have the same concerns. I think by the time the stock is replenished the cost of goods will make the price stay the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44Ruger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Common sense would say they wouldn't get rid of an aspect of this economy that makes quite a bit of money that they can get tax revenue off of..

Are we still talking guns and ammo or are you talking about oil? There sure has been a lot of talk about killing off oil.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    oil is up from $39 to 52, it is booing ahead
    Definitely better than the -$35.00/BBL I saw last year. It's gotta pick up another $10/BBL or so to get the job market cranking again. All in due time, just not any time soon.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Definitely better than the -$35.00/BBL I saw last year. It's gotta pick up another $10/BBL or so to get the job market cranking again. All in due time, just not any time soon.
    The income from my small share of oil mineral rights from the family homestead is half of what it was a few years ago.

Top Bottom