Ammo for sale (how not to make an introduction)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    This is the exact reason why there needs to be a minimum posting limit to be able to place ads on the site. Waste of a lot of peoples time. I even PM'd him and got no reply. We are going to develop a bad rep on this site if we dont fix it now.

I am not comfortable with this, we have far too many lurking members that do a lot of reading, and never post, and I want to get us in front of as many deals as possible.

I don't think that the problem is rampant by any means, and if that means weeding out a guy like this every now and again, I don't mind.

His will officially be the first account that I ban though, if he can't follow the reasonable rules we set, he isn't welcome on our forum.

Austin

Shooter
    If there was to be a required post amount to have before being able to sell something, I'd say it'd have to be a small number of posts like 5.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    If there was to be a required post amount to have before being able to sell something, I'd say it'd have to be a small number of posts like 5.

We have a really nice community going here, the regular members are all getting to know each other, and lots of new members are joining every day. I understand something like this happening can be a bit frustrating, but I think of it like this... Come to sell your items, stay because you enjoy the environment. The forum is not exclusively a classified listing, and I don't even spend much time browsing in there personally, but I think that part of the forum is the "hook" for a lot of members.

Hunkyfish

Master
    Side of the Highway under the bridge near Freeport
    I am not comfortable with this, we have far too many lurking members that do a lot of reading, and never post, and I want to get us in front of as many deals as possible.

I don't think that the problem is rampant by any means, and if that means weeding out a guy like this every now and again, I don't mind.

His will officially be the first account that I ban though, if he can't follow the reasonable rules we set, he isn't welcome on our forum.

Thx Ian

we got enuff assholes on here to run the scammers off without you needing to be one,,,
    Thx for a Great Forum

Bean Counter

Marksman
    Thx Ian

we got enuff assholes on here to run the scammers off without you needing to be one,,,
    Thx for a Great Forum

Glad to be of service to you.

Hunkyfish

Master
    Side of the Highway under the bridge near Freeport

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    I agree with Ian ....I don't like the minimum post rule.....it's like saying " all you newbies with your guns that you don't know the real value of need to go sell somewhere else until you can get some experience under your belt ... THEN you can come back and give us some for sale items that have informed prices!"
    I preferre newbies! Lambs to the slaughter.....:wink:
    I'd rather restrict the members with the most posts....You KNOW that you aren't getting anything from them for less than its worth!:spit:

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Makes my point Chief of a minimum # of posts to list for sale, time in the forum, something, anything, we all hate rules but this is happening all too often. Thanks for listening.

OOPPS sorry, did not mean to step on toes... all gun forums I am on have a min post requirement or they get a bad rep, most have gone to 50 the min post also stops spammers. If you have not had spammers yet, you will 50-100 a day when they start attacking.

People want to know who they are doing business with, lets not become a FL gun trader or Armslist. Good luck guys!

Last edited:

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Makes my point Chief of a minimum # of posts to list for sale, time in the forum, something, anything, we all hate rules but this is happening all too often. Thanks for listening.

OOPPS sorry, did not mean to step on toes... all gun forums I am on have a min post requirement or they get a bad rep, most have gone to 50 the min post also stops spammers. If you have not had spammers yet, you will 50-100 a day when they start attacking.

People want to know who they are doing business with, lets not become a FL gun trader or Armslist. Good luck guys!

I understand what you're saying, and can see certain situations that a minimum post count would be advantageous, but that rule would cut both ways. Like I've said, come for the classifieds, stay because we are awesome :smile:. We are all still pretty "new" to this forum, its only 4 months old, even though it seems like its been longer.

I try to keep a close eye on the goings on around here, but if you see a 1 post wonder doing something stupid like what happened in this thread, just click the report button and we will handle it.

I am as patient as the day is long when it comes to this forum, as long as people at least TRY to respect the rules that we have set.

statdoc

Expert
    Re: Ammo for sale

Let's not forget some may be newbies to this board, but perhaps not to the area, the Interwebz or guns in general. I actually have a gun I have offered for a trade on another board, without posting it here, to avoid being labeled "newbie who joined just to use the For Sale section".

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Let's not forget some may be newbies to this board, but perhaps not to the area, the Interwebz or guns in general. I actually have a gun I have offered for a trade on another board, without posting it here, to avoid being labeled "newbie who joined just to use the For Sale section".

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Post it up, I've got your back :hat:

statdoc

Expert

Bean Counter

Marksman
    How about minimum posts, a sponsor, or some waiting period? This board was created when the section got canned by the dumb asses on the other board we came from. I don't know what it costs to run the board, I do know we had some issues in the past few weeks by growing too fast. Right now the board is interesting and entertaining. It would suck if the thing got drug into just being another classified sales site. I think the mods/owners will eventually need to do something to make sure contributing members are posting in the classifieds. If I am wrong and the costs are the same regardless of having 10 posts or 10,000 posts per day correct me.

GlockGuy

Marksman

I lurk.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    How about minimum posts, a sponsor, or some waiting period? This board was created when the section got canned by the dumb asses on the other board we came from. I don't know what it costs to run the board, I do know we had some issues in the past few weeks by growing too fast. Right now the board is interesting and entertaining. It would suck if the thing got drug into just being another classified sales site. I think the mods/owners will eventually need to do something to make sure contributing members are posting in the classifieds. If I am wrong and the costs are the same regardless of having 10 posts or 10,000 posts per day correct me.

As long as Ben and I run this forum, it will remain a good place for us to all come and shoot the $hit, converse and have a good time, with the added bonus of a nice sales section. Worry not sir, I *think* that I know what I am doing. :lol:

medicmike9

Shooter
    Some forums require a "senior" member or admin to "sponsor" a newbies sale post.

latch

Marksman
    Like I've said, come for the classifieds, stay because we are awesome :smile:.
    Straight up. You had me at Hello.

I lurk too.

TraderDan

Master
    [QUOTE=Hunkyfish;

we got enuff assholes on here

I have always heard "a skunk smells his own stink first"

Latest posts

Top Bottom