• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
    It's definitely affected the used gun sellers market. Been trying to sell a Savage 20 ga slug gun for less than I have it in it and can't get any bites. I'm probably just going to end up keeping it.

I agree. With the prices on new firearms dropping, it is hard to sell anything used these days unless you are giving it away. I had two more ARs I had been trying to sell, but nothing doing. I could not even sell the $500 one.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I am through, have consolidated calibers and have more guns and ammo than I will use till I die. I am thinking another 8 years like this and I will be close to selling most of what I have, will jump on the next panic!

Welldoya

Master
    Amazingly I have seen some guns sell used for $150 more than I can buy a new one for. All I can figure is some people don't keep up with specials and rebates.
    Either that or they don't know how to order on-line.

wildrider666

Master
    Caliber consolidation would for sure make things easier and I have thought about it. Just can't make myself get rid of some guns that I really like.
    What calibers did you end up with ?
    I could get by with 9mm,.22, 30/06, 5.56 and 12 gauge but would hate to get rid of about 10 other calibers/gauges.

.22LR, 380, 38SP/357Mag , 40S &W, 45APC, 5.56. I've got 22-250 and 300 Wby too but don't stash ammo for them.

SAWMAN

Master
    I'm thinkin' . . . it is fun to have a bunch of chamberings. BUT . . . . . what cannot be accomplished with a 308Win with the proper scope,ammo,etc,etc.
    Realistically. . . what 99.99% of all shooters do. Including hunt,target,defense,earn a living,etc,etc. --- SAWMAN

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Yeah, I hunt with a .308. The other rifles are just expensive toys.

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    You know Jerry . . . you and me just ought to trade all the guns and ammo that we have.
    That way we will have all new stuff and wont have to actually buy anything.
    Whatdaya say ?? ---- SAWMAN

SAWMAN, I think you would come out on the short end of the stick if we did that. So, I'm all in!

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    what? no 12ga?

sacrilege .....

Didn't even think about shotguns. I have 3 Remington 12 gauge 11-87. A factory police model, a turkey model, and a Premier model as well as a first run Remington 1100 in 20 ga that's older than most of the guys on here. In the last 3 years I sold or traded off three 1100s and two 870 Wingmasters.

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Amazingly I have seen some guns sell used for $150 more than I can buy a new one for. All I can figure is some people don't keep up with specials and rebates.
    Either that or they don't know how to order on-line.

Some of those overpaying buyers may be firearm restricted persons too.

Welldoya

Master
    But how do you tell the difference between somebody who isn't supposed to own a gun and somebody who is just ignorant of current prices ?
    Selling as an individual you can check a driver's license to insure that he's a resident but you can't do a background check.

wildrider666

Master
    I'm not judging. Private sales only require the seller have no knowledge of anything that would disqualify the buyer. People can also put any price they want on their firearm. An assigned price that is well above that of a new gun does raise a eyebrow as to what type of buyer is being solicited: a naive rookie or a restricted person who can't go through a dealer. It maybe just a negotiation starting point that may drop down to what the seller paid +- profit or the seller doesn't have a clue of the market value of the gun. Most of us have also read ads that included phrases: No questions asked, No paperwork, No waiting. That is also within the law.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom