• ...and so much more!
  • Bodhisattva

Marksman
    My stable:
    Colt Competition
    Colt Combat Commander
    Les Baer Heavy Commanche
    Les Baer UTC
    Kimber - commander model (can’t recall what it’s called)
    S&W 4506
    Star Firestar
    DW CBOB
    G30.3
    Para Ordinance LW Commander

Yes, I like the 45ACP. God’s caliber.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Did anyone mention it's an easy cartridge to reload for revolver or semi auto? I neck crimp mine.
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is 'neck crimping'? I taper crimp auto cartridges and roll crimp revolver cartridges, but I've never heard the term neck crimping.

Last edited:

BluesBrother

Master
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is 'neck crimping'? I taper crimp auto cartridges and roll crimp revolver cartridges, but I've never heard of neck crimping.
    No pardon necessary. I probably misspoke. I do an extra reloading step using a Lee "taper" crimp die. The reloaded 45s chamber better in semi autos when I do.

mrjenkins

Expert
    I carry a Para expert 1911 that's been pretty heavily modified with parts that are either milspec or similar. It's not a Gucci gun by any means. It's a tool and a shooter. The slide is butter smooth and feeds reliably. I do all work on it myself, I hand fit parts for perfect fit and keep it tuned. It is cocked and locked 100% of the time and ready to go. My next step for it is a suppressor and a threaded barrel. I think I got room on my belt for a suppressor pouch.

Attachments

• 20240529_181303.jpg
      20240529_181303.jpg
      1 MB · Views: 14
    • 20240308_152850.jpg
      20240308_152850.jpg
      2.5 MB · Views: 14
    Last edited:

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    The 1911 design (of all sizes) is my all time favorite handgun, and although I have a Delta Elite 10mm & a Ronin Cdr in 9mm, .45 ACP is hands down my favorite auto cartridge. I did own a Glock 41 for a while ( please forgive me ;))...it really was a very good pistol but the grip just didn't feel right to me so I sold it.
    G41.jpg

Last edited:

Gunin4m

Expert
    The 1911 design (of all sizes) is my all time favorite handgun, and although I have a Delta Elite 10mm & a Ronin Cdr in 9mm, .45 ACP is hands down my favorite auto cartridge. I did own a Glock 41 for a while ( please forgive me ;))...it really was a very good pistol but the grip just didn't feel right to me so I sold it.
    View attachment 504139
    That Glock grip angle is tough to get used to for us 1911 guys...

mrjenkins

Expert
    Love my webley. Need to load more reduced power loads for it. Very fun to shoot. On a sunny day, viewed from the side you can see the bullet in flight, lol.View attachment 504149
    You should try to mortar the bullet at some ridiculous range and see what you can hit with it. I used to have an naa guardian in 380 I did that with. Didn't hit anything but I did hit an old ammo can at 80 yards with a glock 23. I got it on the 7th shot lol

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    I just got back from getting this one a little dirty. I was thinking of offering it for sale because I hadn't taken it out of the safe in a long time, but it shoots so nice I don't think I could part with it :oops:
    Sig Max-L2.jpg

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    You should try to mortar the bullet at some ridiculous range and see what you can hit with it. I used to have an naa guardian in 380 I did that with. Didn't hit anything but I did hit an old ammo can at 80 yards with a glock 23. I got it on the 7th shot lol
    Yep, fun to lob bullets. I've got this one too for modern ammo. 45c and 45acp. Ya never know what you might need.
    IMG_3619.JPG.jpg

Top Bottom