• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HeeHeeChamona

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have a P320C but I haven't been carrying often enough due to the size.
    Anybody have recommendations for smaller frame in the same price range?

HeeHeeChamona

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Clarifying question - how experienced are you with CCW? Is this your first CCW?
    Before the P320c I would carry a S&W 442, but I only carry on the days I'm off work and leaving the house. The revolver was easier to carry because it was a soft holster with a little clip.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    For a long time, I had a cz75D PCR, but now I've got the P365xl. Lost a couple of rounds, 15 down to 12 with a flush fit mag, but it's a third the weight even with the holosun 507k on top and while it isn't as comfortable to shoot as the CZ, it's still comfortable.

Fordtudor37

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wear a little loose clothing so you dont "print" on your outer clothing with wear over time and so your not so self conscience about carrying.
    If your normally a 2X, try wearing 3X while carrying just the empty holster to get used to it.

DGladden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    There are a lot of factors that go into concealing a firearm. Obviously, the gun has to be suitable. The other two main factors are your holster and belt. A proper concealment holster is a must as well as a good gun belt. A P320c is one of the guns that I carry often. In fact I'm carrying it today. It is currently in a Tulster Profile kydex iwb holster and being supported by a Kore Essentials belt. Lastly, you have to dress around the gun. That usually means clothes one size up or "relaxed fit". Over the years I have concealed everything from a Keltec P3at to a Beretta 92F and many things in between. One of my favorite carry guns is a full size 1911. Carrying a concealed firearm is not simply a choice you make. It is a lifestyle you have to commit to. I carry everyday, everywhere I legally can. That includes at work! I'm fortunate that the company I work for currently allows us to carry. At previous companies I would carry something like a Ruger LCP or Keltec P3at for best concealment.
    f292a3d2f4fabf473da9614619d20601.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

jettjon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Before the P320c I would carry a S&W 442, but I only carry on the days I'm off work and leaving the house. The revolver was easier to carry because it was a soft holster with a little clip.
    A couple others have given the same answer I would have so I'll only slightly pile on:
    CCW is a lifestyle; adjust accordingly
    Holster selection is a critical factor (IWB, OWB, leather, kydex etc.)
    A good belt will make a huge difference

For the past 30-ish years I've purchased clothing with the primary consideration of CCW and the secondary consideration of comfort, fashion, etc. I've concealed everything from full size Glock 21 .45 ACP to my current EDC, a relatively tiny Glock 42 .380 in a pocket holster. And yes, I'm old enough to have used a fanny pack holster. :p

timc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As others have stated, get a good belt and holster. Now “good” is subjective and everyone has their favorites or what works for them.

A kydex or leather holster is going to be much better than a soft holster. There‘s a lot of manufacturers out there now. Tons of options for holsters as well, as far as mounting options, belt clips,
    light bearing, optics cuts, etc.

Belts are similar. Leather, nylon, etc. But a dedicated belt for carrying and a decent holster will really help with carrying a firearm. For work I carried a 320sc, until getting a 365. With a decent holster and belt I can wear jeans and T-shirt while carrying, and not print.

Tige

Who/where (born visible, identify as Trans-parent)
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    My advice on daily carry?
    #1 - Do it. Carry every day. Better to not need it and have it, then to need it and not have it. And practice.
    IMHO
    All the other factors are secondary (what, where, how, etc etc)
    Me? - depends on the situation. Usually a J Frame Smith on ankle or hip, sometimes a Sig 365xl or CZ-01. And a 32 Seecamp if I want to be very discreet.
    Again - IMHO

Last edited:

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Second the G43. Mine is the Talo version. It's on me at all times.
    Carry everywhere - Evil is everywhere in the world and doesn't play by the rules.

For me - G48 with shield mags or G19.
    If Im wearing a coat, I get to take my 17. Bam blessed to be an American in Florida with many many options. :)

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    P365
    Hellcat
    Bodyguard
    Lcp/lcp2/
    Lcp max
    P238
    P938
    Most common.
    I've owned and carried all of them except the hellcat. Already had the p365 and boat load of mags. Didn't see a reason to change.
    I do have a g43x but I've never carried it. Grip to big for the clothing I wear and the location I carry

Last edited:

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have a P320C but I haven't been carrying often enough due to the size.
    Anybody have recommendations for smaller frame in the same price range?

Here’s an interesting site to compare common pistols, side by side:

And a more personalized link with your two mentioned pistols:

My two-cents: largest Glock you can carry, in a decent holster, on a sturdy belt. As much as possible.

At home. Inside. Outside, doing yard work. Definitely whenever you drive away from the house.

As mentioned above: Evil is everywhere and it doesn’t obey signs.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Smallest and lightest. Shoulder holster or belt slide owb. The lighter and more comfortable it is, the more you will carry it. ** My choice KT PF9. 9mm single stack 8 rds, >16 oz loaded. Dao. Hammer fired, hammer block, DROP SAFE..., goes bang, more accurate than i am. Eats everything. I have 100% faith in it after 100's of rounds. ( wear gloves on range day, its twisty) But KT in a dumb move has discontinued it in lew of the new P15. Ymmv
    IMG_20200220_124740506.jpg

timc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Forgot to add, you said you’ve got a 320 already. I’d look into the Sig P365 line of pistols. I carry a 365XL with a regular 365 grip. I like the Sig X-Ray sights it comes with and I like the trigger. Capacity is great as well. 10+1 for the 365, 12+1 for the 365XL. With the shorter grip, I’m down to 10+1, but I carry a spare 12 round mag. With the smaller grip and carrying AIWB, I don’t print In a T-shirt. I also have 15 round mags too. XL slide comes optics ready and has a slightly longer sight radius. They make the Macro now, but it’s slightly larger than the XL and I feel my current 365 handles the plainclothes clothes and off duty EDC role just fine.

But find what fits you and what you shoot well. Glock has some awesome carry guns and I’ve heard good things about the Springfield Hellcat. I used to carry a S&W Shield, and still occasionally carry it, and I like it as well. Capacity is a little less than the 365. I added an Apex trigger to the Shield. I’m a fan of 9mm, it’s what I’m issued and there’s plenty of ammo choices available. And with current ammo, the 9mm performs well.

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I think Sig makes awesome guns, but I could not shoot the 365 well. Being a left handed shooter, I wanted to be able to swap the mag release so I sold my original Shield. I switched to the S&W shield plus. I can flip the mag release and get plenty of rounds. It optic ready if I want to add a dot later. I recently changed to an Alien gear holster that feels way more comfortable.

I very what I carry based on where I’m going and what I‘m wearing. Like others have said, the right belt, holster and clothes make it work. Today I had a longer shirt so I carried and S&W model 39 in an OWB holster.

Top Bottom