• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doc92

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Didn't know if anyone posted this yet but Academy only allows you to buy one firearm every seven days. So make sure it's the one you really want...
    Fairly certain everyone knows about the horrible ammo rationing. I feel stupid buying one 50 round box of .22 per day.

Ken232

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    so if I go in and they have a pistol and a shotgun I want I can only buy one??? well I WAS note Was going to Academy today but not now. I just limited my visits to Zero per month if they are too good to take my money.Besides I'll just buy em off Miami Matt a week after he gets tired of them LOL

cbigcarl

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    They are just trying to keep someone from buying it all and reselling it. They think it is more fair for 10 customers to get one box of ammo or gun, than one customer to get them all.

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Like it or not there system works & should slow down the craziness. I was one who did not like it at first but I think it is working. For two weeks in a row I went in & found multiple boxes & brands of 9mm, 223 & 5.56.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Their Store, Their rules. I see more benefit to more customers then the inconvenience to few. I do see the one box of ammo restriction making a trip just for ammo a non starter.

pensadawg

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's actually 1 box of up to 3 calibers. Or 3 of one caliber if you purchase that caliber firearm, plus 2 others in the previous rule. And a box of bulk counts as one box. Take a buddy, or two, that need different cals and help each other out. I've got a couple of guys I see there all the time and we'll grab cals for each other. Rick.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I can understand their reasoning. If someone comes in and gets 1 or more boxes, depending on caliber, they will come back. If they don't get anything it may discourage them from even coming back. Perhaps that their reasoning is that if they get you in the store you may end up buying something else too.

It really hurts me though since I live east of Gulf Breeze. I cannot afford to make a special trip over there for ammo. I will just have to go over to Academy when I'm over there for something else and hope that they have what I need.

Va boy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not good for "Sale" items. If a gun gets clearanced I guess we're just SOL when it comes to a good find.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I can understand their reasoning. If someone comes in and gets 1 or more boxes, depending on caliber, they will come back. If they don't get anything it may discourage them from even coming back. Perhaps that their reasoning is that if they get you in the store you may end up buying something else too.

It really hurts me though since I live east of Gulf Breeze. I cannot afford to make a special trip over there for ammo. I will just have to go over to Academy when I'm over there for something else and hope that they have what I need.

Don't worry about making a special trip to Academy. I was there today and there was only one box of something or other at the service counter. It was pathetic. Some say ammo's coming back, but I sure don't see it. Literally or figuratively.

Milesvdustin

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I check Walmart if I'm there for something. I'm good on all calibers that I have now so it's not a big deal, at least until I get the new guns I'm waiting on....

DaBreeze

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bought a handgun from them last night and was talking to one of the Managers about their policy. They said their intent is from keeping people from being there early, cleaning them out and then reselling the ammo at a store. He said that it was happening awith ammo and with guns. Thus, the reason for the 1 gun in 7 day policy. He said many guns were being bought by pawn shops. the company felt it was in the best interest of their loyal customer to implement their current policies. He also stated that is was against company policy for employees to purchase any more ammo that a customer. I think it is a good policy, if everybody had the same policies, the shortages probably would not exist,

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bought a handgun from them last night and was talking to one of the Managers about their policy. They said their intent is from keeping people from being there early, cleaning them out and then reselling the ammo at a store. He said that it was happening awith ammo and with guns. Thus, the reason for the 1 gun in 7 day policy. He said many guns were being bought by pawn shops. the company felt it was in the best interest of their loyal customer to implement their current policies. He also stated that is was against company policy for employees to purchase any more ammo that a customer. I think it is a good policy, if everybody had the same policies, the shortages probably would not exist,

As long as they do away with the policy when the panic stops!!!!!!

Loki

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    so if I go in and they have a pistol and a shotgun I want I can only buy one??? well I WAS note Was going to Academy today but not now. I just limited my visits to Zero per month if they are too good to take my money.Besides I'll just buy em off Miami Matt a week after he gets tired of them LOL

According to a conversation we had this afternoon with one of the gun counter guys at Academy, it only applies to handguns and the "Assault" styled long guns. Shotguns and regular long guns - not under that umbrella.

DaBreeze

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glad Loki open this thread back up. I had forgotten that my 7 days was up today. Guess Ill try to check another off the wish list.

Scrooge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hopefully this crap will settle down soon... it just sucks trying to buy ammo right now! I paid 49 bucks for a 50 round box of 9mm DRT hp's today. Bought 4 boxes, I hope it is decent ammo - never shot any before! It was the first time in 2 weeks that I even found 9mm....

Top Bottom