• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • capt.joe

Master
    All I know is that I was speaking with my Father last weekend about this. He said the VA was jerking him around on his disability a few years ago. He wrote to Gaetz and within weeks was approved. Gaetz 's office even followed up with an email and asked if my Father was satisfied. Gaetz has my vote.

ccc

Master
    I know the Naval Air Community very well but, I'm trying to make sense of the ad saying Aaron, as a Naval Aviator, patrolled Ground Zero. What aircraft was he flying? If he was flying a Fighter Aircraft, how did he end up in a Patrol Squadron flying a Big, Four Engine Turboprop Submarine Hunting
    P-3 Orion? That is a platform change not seen very often.
    The P3 can be used for sub hunting over water AND over land for surveillance and targeting. I think the fast mover in the commercials is simply embellishing his career. If you read this article it just says he was performing surveillance missions around ground zero. Pretty sure he was only a P3 pilot, no fast movers.

BluesBrother

Master
    Not sure, but in his ad the picture of the aircraft they show looks like it might be an F-35. If so, he was part of a very elite group of aviators that were flying an F-35 during 9/11!

Also, tried to get some info on the Florida Patriots Pac. They've got anti-Gaetz ads on WEAR now. Nothing about them from the Federal Election Commission.

I saw the WEAR ad this morning. They have Gaetz in an orange jump suit for drama and effect. I don't remember Gaetz ever being arrested for anything where he took a mug shot in orange. Anyone?

ccc

Master
    I saw the WEAR ad this morning. They have Gaetz in an orange jump suit for drama and effect. I don't remember Gaetz ever being arrested for anything where he took a mug shot in orange. Anyone?
    Saw that too, pretty sure that is a doctored photo. But some will believe it.

BluesBrother

Master
    Saw that too, pretty sure that is a doctored photo. But some will believe it.
    During the 2012 election cycle harry reid was asked if he was sorry for lying about mitt romney not paying his taxes, reid said "we won didn't we." Absolutely no shame and no honor. "But some will believe it." Many times that's all it takes, some.

Last edited:

rossi

Master
    The P3 can be used for sub hunting over water AND over land for surveillance and targeting. I think the fast mover in the commercials is simply embellishing his career. If you read this article it just says he was performing surveillance missions around ground zero. Pretty sure he was only a P3 pilot, no fast movers.

I spent many hours of my life in a P-3.

Check out my avatar.

big jon

Marksman
    I didnt know the 35 was in use in 2011 the air force was testing it and working out the bugs at eglin afb
    wasnt that 15s that were on station at that time and it was who was on duty at the time no call went out to volunteers did it ???

Snake-Eyes

Master
    I didnt know the 35 was in use in 2011 the air force was testing it and working out the bugs at eglin afb
    wasnt that 15s that were on station at that time and it was who was on duty at the time no call went out to volunteers did it ???

U.S. airspace was effectively shut down, in an orderly fashion. A procedure called “SCATANA” was modified and sort-of activated. No one was flying on a whim or without approval. If “volunteers” were called for, it was within a flying unit that was tasked to fill a mission; it wasn’t a broadcast “cry for help”. Even then, if you were on alert, and your unit was tasked to fly, you went and were honored to have the opportunity.

Only certain assets were tasked and allowed in the air during those first few hours/days.

Saying a military aviator “answered the call for volunteers” during that time is like saying a professional athlete “answered the call for volunteers” to play in the championships.

Uhhh, if you didn’t go, you’d be a worthless SOB that wasted millions of taxpayer dollars on training. And you’d be a coward.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    2006 was f35 debut, maybe 2005 was testing

IronBeard

Master
    All well and good, however, what are his politcial convictions?
    That's what I'm trying to determine, and it doesn't appear he brings much to the fight. Sure, he could just have a bad campaign manager, or is maybe winging it himself, but perceptions matter...

IronBeard

Master
    After serving 6 years in congress he can retire with yet another full pension just like morning (POS) joe, the self identified republican, did. I call that double dipping dimmick. What do you call it? Is this the guy that is running ads through a pac disparaging gaetz?

If this is the same guy, I stand by my original assessment, despicable. If not I apologize and stand corrected.
    Yep, this is the "patriot" pac guy. Not really going much of anywhere, IMO.

IronBeard

Master
    Yeah, it's all about the advertising. Saw somewhere that Dimmick was in a "patrol craft," guessing P3?

BluesBrother

Master
    Yep, this is the "patriot" pac guy. Not really going much of anywhere, IMO.
    Despicable behavior. You can't put yourself out there as a hero than hide behind a pac to do your dirty work to attack the competition. If I remember correctly the ad states that the women in question were college age. Isn't college age over 18?

IronBeard

Master
    Despicable behavior. You can't put yourself out there as a hero than hide behind a pac to do your dirty work to attack the competition. If I remember correctly the ad states that the women in question were college age. Isn't college age over 18?
    I don't know one (decorated/proven) hero that will acknowledge much more than I was there, I got the call, I did what needed done, and any one of us would have done the same. I just happened to be there at the right time.

In the end, as seen through my lens, Dimmick is a failure from go. The majority of FL district 1 voters will vote primarily based on perceived party, name recognition, and or how church/family/friends are voting. Jeff Miller knew that. Gaetz does, too. 6 more years. It is what it is...

big jon

Marksman
    I dont like negative advertising period and if thats all someone can offer I dont want to be their friend
    I like to hear intent and positive accomplishments
    if you cant point out that someone has been convicted of something then dont gossip and make up charges

fisheadgib

Expert
    I did some more digging about Dimmick and learned that he's employed by the state of Missouri and he rented a condo, I believe in Gulf Breeze in April so that he could claim residency here. His whole story doesn't pass the smell test. And it was Air Force F-15's and F-16's that patrolled after 9-11. F-22's didn't enter service until 2005 and F-35's entered service in the Marines first in 2015.

Top Bottom