• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IronBeard

Master
    Threw his name into the hat for FL district 1 congress lacky; "opposition" to gaetz.

What I've been able to pick up so far: "I like donald trump. I support the 2nd Amendment. I was in the Navy. Gaetz had sex with party girls, maybe. Here's a picture of my family. Send me money.

Anyone have experience/intel. "Candidate"/campaign refuses to answer questions/respond.

SITREP: We're @#$%ed. A-gain :rolleyes:

BluesBrother

Master
    Threw his name into the hat for FL district 1 congress lacky; "opposition" to gaetz.

What I've been able to pick up so far: "I like donald trump. I support the 2nd Amendment. I was in the Navy. Gaetz had sex with party girls, maybe. Here's a picture of my family. Send me money.

Anyone have experience/intel. "Candidate"/campaign refuses to answer questions/respond.

SITREP: We're @#$%ed. A-gain :rolleyes:
    "REFUSES"? Then why would you consider supporting?

IronBeard

Master
    "REFUSES"? Then why would you consider supporting?
    Well, to be clear, let's just say no response to date. My attempt was to see what, if anything he stood for. So far, doesn't look like much. Appears to be one of those who makes himself look good by trying to portray others as worse.

BluesBrother

Master
    Well, to be clear, let's just say no response to date. My attempt was to see what, if anything he stood for. So far, doesn't look like much. Appears to be one of those who makes himself look good by trying to portray others as worse.
    Despicable. Who among us is without flaws?

Jeff C

Shooter
    From Aaron Dimmick's page:

About Aaron​

Conviction​

Aaron’s life of service started at our United States Naval Academy where he swore an oath to defend the United States and Constitution.

That was the first of seven times Aaron swore that oath and, when elected by the people of Florida’s 1st District, he will swear that oath once again.

At the Naval Academy, Aaron built his life around the Navy’s core values listed in the official charter – Honor, Courage, and Commitment – and the highest ideals of duty, honor, and loyalty. These core values and ideals embody who Aaron is, the life he leads, and why he is running for Congress today.

Courage​

Upon graduation from the Naval Academy, Aaron’s first assignment was at Naval Flight School in Pensacola, Florida. After flight school, Aaron joined Patrol Squadron Ten where he flew missions over Bosnia and Serbia and where he served on 9/11, conducting surveillance and reconnaissance flights surrounding Ground Zero on that tragic day. He also lead anti-cartel and anti-drug trafficking aerial missions throughout the Gulf of Mexico, the Caribbean, and the Pacific Coast of Central and South America. In this capacity, Aaron and his squadron partnered with the U.S. Coast Guard, federal authorities, as well as foreign governments to track down cartel trafficking operations in the air and on the sea to capture and destroy.

Following this tour, Aaron was an instructor pilot for Patrol Squadron Thirty at NAS Jacksonville, Florida, a Flag Secretary and Aide for two Admirals, and received his Masters from the Naval War College in Newport, Rhode Island. After his final operational tour deployed to Asia with Patrol Squadron Sixteen, Aaron served at the U.S. Navy Personnel Command and was tapped to lead U.S. Navy recruitment. Aaron’s final tour was at the Pentagon while serving as the Navy Liaison for the Senior Advisor to the Secretary of Defense for Military Professionalism. After a 20-year career in the U.S. Navy, Aaron retired as a Commander.

Character​

Following his career in the Navy, Aaron took his skills to a new career as a leadership and character development facilitator and consultant. In this role, Aaron has helped develop leaders everywhere, including universities in Florida, Ford Motor Company, NFL and NBA teams, The Pat Tillman Foundation, and many others.

Aaron is married to Kim, his wife of 28 years and the mother of their four children, and resides in Pensacola, Florida.

BluesBrother

Master
    After serving 6 years in congress he can retire with yet another full pension just like morning (POS) joe, the self identified republican, did. I call that double dipping dimmick. What do you call it? Is this the guy that is running ads through a pac disparaging gaetz?
    If this is the same guy, I stand by my original assessment, despicable. If not I apologize and stand corrected.

Jeff C

Shooter
    I just sent an email to Aaron Dimmick's campaign asking about his stance on DEI and BLM. Will update this thread if and when I get a response.
    Got a response from Team Dimmick:
    Screenshot_20240707_212529_Outlook.jpg
    I just sent an email to Aaron Dimmick's campaign asking about his stance on DEI and BLM. Will update this thread if and when I get a response.

ccc

Master
    Got a response from Team Dimmick:
    Well that explains it all. Reminds me of a job I once had where there were rumors of a lay off and we were all talking about it and one of my co-workers said “I am going to ask the boss, and he comes back and says, I spoke to the boss and he said not to worry it’s just rumors”, 3 weeks later we were all laid off.

Last edited:

fisheadgib

Expert
    I got a call last week from someone conducting a poll about Gaetz and Dimmick and since I'd never heard of the guy, I did some research. Turns out, as many of us know, Gaetz led the push to get McCarthy dumped as speaker of the house and now McCarthy is mentoring several people to run against the people that got him canned. Dimmick is one of them.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Just because someone is prior military doesn’t mean anything… how many of us have had complete douche bags appointed over us in leadership positions ?

True.

And thank you for judging the individual for his actions/character instead of disparaging the entire military community first and expecting each individual to prove their worth to you.

Personally, I wonder what Gaetz has done so poorly that Gimkick thinks he can do BETTER.

“That” would be a campaign platform worth the time. ‘The current rep is failing at ___, and I can and will do ____.’

This business of “I love the USA, and I did well at a past job that has little to do with this one. Here’s mud on the other guy. Pick me” is a bunch of weak-sauce time-wasting.

Gaetz has my vote. If nothing else, he is a thorn in the establishment’s side more than many.

big jon

Marksman
    is there some reason to change what we have and know for who knows what
    has the current guy did his job as good as any or better
    and the longer your in the more pull you have
    just some random toughts

rossi

Master
    I know the Naval Air Community very well but, I'm trying to make sense of the ad saying Aaron, as a Naval Aviator, patrolled Ground Zero. What aircraft was he flying? If he was flying a Fighter Aircraft, how did he end up in a Patrol Squadron flying a Big, Four Engine Turboprop Submarine Hunting
    P-3 Orion? That is a platform change not seen very often.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Not sure, but in his ad the picture of the aircraft they show looks like it might be an F-35. If so, he was part of a very elite group of aviators that were flying an F-35 during 9/11!

Also, tried to get some info on the Florida Patriots Pac. They've got anti-Gaetz ads on WEAR now. Nothing about them from the Federal Election Commission.

Top Bottom