• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bac3996

Marksman
    Want2yak

Just to answer and clear up you accusations.

I posted the article to show other firearms enthusiast that there are among us people that claim to be for firearms owners, They use their background in the service and law enforcement to sway others into thinking all firearms owners want firearms laws enacted.

I posted in hopes that others will & would standup and prove the individuals wrong.

I'm sorry you and a few others don't appreciate the posting of this article and ones like it.

As I've stated before many firearms owners stick their heads in the sand and figure you'll send a few bucks to NRA get a cool sticker and then you did your duty.

Without everyday firearms owners standing up for our rights, We will lose those rights.

I'm NO DEBATER, I just am a firearms collector & enthusiast .

No disrespect is meant or intended to anyone on this site. I post articles to let others that are busy with work and family know whats actually going on.

Again sorry to have ruffled feathers on a few of you.

helo_hunter

Expert
    Licensing leads to registration & is a type of registration. Registration leads to confiscation. No thanks

The comments about 80-90% of gun owners and NRA members support background checks is BS - not a scientific poll. Anti gunners have asked for universal checks that include checks when retrieving a firearm from a gunsmith, a check when gifting a firearm to a child (of age), when passing a firearm on in a will, etc.

Rest of the two comments about "sensible gun laws" are just blatant anti-gunner crap.....

jakec

Master
    80% to 90% of gun owners want to beat shawn van divers ass for pretending to be one of us and spewing this garbage. bac3996 im glad you posted it. i dont watch the news. thanks.

Want2yak

Expert
    Bac3996 no disrespect taken or intentionally given. You posted expecting a response and I gave mine and so did others. I would never tell you that you can't say what you want because that's your right. I wouldn't tell you you could only post something that did not offend people because that would infringe on your right. I just want my right to own a gun how ever many I want for what ever purpose I want left alone. My opinion if you want to make the world a better place, start by putting God back in our schools, take him with you to work with you introduce him to your friends. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the further this country moves away from God the worse off we get.

Sent from my iPad

Welldoya

Master
    I think it's important to see the kind of BS that's out there. Thanks for posting.

bac3996

Marksman
    I guess you misunderstanding my intentions. I believe in owning as many firearms as you'd like without the BS Paperwork. I rather have a national permit if permits are required . Instead of having to purchase multiple permits like I do now.

I see no reason why if I'm legal to carry concealed in one state I have to purchase another state permit if I travel thru that state and carry.

Having a Florida permit is very good as it does cover a lot of other states but unfortunately there are some states I travel thru that don't honor Florida permits and because I spend time in those states I purchase their permits.

The only new firearm law I'd agree with would be a National permit, because we all know we'll never ever again see the days of no permits to carry.

Freedom of religion is another right we've allowed government to dictate . I agree if you chose to pray at school, Shall be it. I wasn't brought up in a religious area of the country but upon moving down south it's something I've admired in the southern way of life.

This is my final post on this subject as I've said my peace. Some of you have had your eyes opened a little hopefully , Others are set in their ways. The article was not placed on site to start debates and bickering .

It was placed on site to hopefully get some to open their eyes and work at contributing to eliminate useless firearms regulations & laws.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I think we need one federal firearms law. A law that overrides all other firearms laws in all jurisdictions. A law that at least says all states be "shall issue" states and that all states honor the permits from all other states with no further restrictions.

A few weeks ago I flew to my daughters home in Wisconsin to help them move to Montana. I started checking firearms laws for driving I-90 from Wisconsin through Minnesota, South Dakota, Wyoming, and Montana. Most of those states do not recognize Alabama permits even though Alabama recognizes their permits. There should not be any hassle driving anywhere in this country with a firearm.

D_Shane

Shooter
    No kidding on the misunderstandings. Everyone ASSUMES more gun control at the slightest mention of a license. I'm all for guns, have many, and will continue adding to my collection. I carry. Always.
    For clarification, a national license would do AWAY with the background checks required. If you had a background check to get the license you DON'T need to do it again at the store, damn. There's no way in hell the liberals will let any of us get away with removing all the gun regulations completely, no, damn, way!! There has to be some restrictions to keep the guns out of criminal hands....hence the background checks. They complain about the lax in gun shows. In Florida at least, you still have to background at a gun show if buying from a booth. Some states, maybe not. A license would at least let you validate the background of anyone you sell to. WITHOUT A DAMN PHONE CALL.
    Not having it called in for every gun you buy, as it is now. Where there IS a record of what you just bought, and sent to the NCIC. You think they don't keep that on file? I'd rather them know I MAY have a gun than know exactly what I have. The license only says you can buy. It would just be a visual check to see you have one. Not logged into a database to track what you walked out with. And NATIONAL license means you can carry in any state, ANY state. Not just yours or a reciprocal. How is that more gun control? Do you think thugs, felons, rapists, and murderers should have gun rights? If so, why? are you one of them?
    Personally, I think they need to stop giving them life sentences, and start executing them. Personally, I think a 13 year old is old enough to know right from wrong and should be sentenced as an adult.
    The political bullshit is not going to go all one way or the other. There is no way they will be able to remove ALL guns, we'd fight. And there's no way they'll return the gun control back to complete freedom. You're an idiot if you think they will. The only solution is compromise. THEY say the criminals are getting guns from individuals selling to them. Ok, give everyone that CAN own a gun a license. No license, no sale. Return the class III's back to no tax stamp, since only licensed people can buy and sell then.
    Having a license doesn't mean you have guns, only you CAN have a gun. Doesn't show what or how much you own.
    As for training, have you BEEN to a gun range lately? Do you feel comfortable letting those people pull guns out in a store to stop a robbery, WITHOUT shooting half the customers in the process? Look on Youtube. THOSE idiots are NOT doing us any favors, and right now are perfectly legal to carry concealed.
    I'm not saying they need to be able to clear a house, and 10 ring at 50 yards consistently, but should at least be familiar and comfortable with them. Twice, TWICE, I saw people load magazines backwards and couldn't figure out what was wrong. I've seen people more than once pull the trigger to verify the safety was on. And routinely see them close their eyes BEFORE pulling the trigger, only to have the round go way the hell off course. Watched a lady squeeze the trigger twice on a new pistol, click, click. Nothing, so she looks down the barrel. WTF.? SHE should be allowed to carry around me because she sat through a hunter safety course at Bass Pro?
    An hour long class would have prevented that. Common sense should prevent pretty much ALL negligent discharges, but there are slow learners, they needed more training. Not a class where someone talks about guns and you shoot ONE DAMN BULLET and you're good to go. Hands on, multiple rounds. Comfortable enough to fire at your target, and only your target, without dropping the gun, without freaking out, and without waving the gun around at everyone because the recoil startled you.

Decent firearms handling, marksmanship, and a license to show you can. No insurance, no background checks at stores, no restrictions on what you can own. Just something that says you are competent, not felonious, and not a retard.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    One thing to keep in mind while getting giddy about a national license; if they can give it, they can take it away.

There should be no license requirement anywhere in the country. What other right do you need a license in order to exercise? Licensing only strengthens and legitimizes their ability to further regulate your rights. Tell someone that there should be a class, test and licensing requirement to vote and they lose their mind telling you how voting is a right. Hell, just tell them there should be an ID requirement to vote and they lose their mind telling you how you would be violating someone's rights.

D_Shane

Shooter
    So, everyone, including murderers, rapists, etc, etc. blah blah should be allowed to carry concealed?

Seanpcola

I'm with donr. I see where you're coming from D. but theory doesn't equate to reality. It won't work that way. The day my ccw came in the mail I sat down and really thought about it. I got pissed about the infringement but I got more pissed that I'm documented on yet another bureacratic database. Don't want to argue but I believe in anonimity. I'm a God fearing, honest citizen and I have a 56 year track record to prove it. I'm a threat to no one.

Most people are like me I believe. There are plenty of hot button subjects to complain about. Firearms issues are statistically too small to warrant the publicity. Nope, only reason for gun laws is control.

Last edited:

redneck

Expert
    So I'm guessing this lic. Dose not have a number on it That will not go into a computer and that the 21yr old gang banger with no Criminal background he dose not get one right your the guy that dose get one there is no way he could just sell it on the street right because that would be Against the law I mean drugs are against the law and there is no way I could just go to the hood and get them right
    And I'm sure that murder is Illegal and no one dose that right

just saying

From The Deep Woods

redneck

Expert
    If you outlaw all guns the outlaws will have guns it is what it is without a magic button bad people will always have guns

From The Deep Woods

redneck

Expert
    Now about gun classes you got something there take all the money that it would take to do the dum ass lic. And give out free gun training classes:thumbup:

From The Deep Woods

redneck

Expert
    Hell yeah those post got me out of the 22long how many till I get to 6.8spc:D:D:D

From The Deep Woods

MarkS

Master
    I'm with donr on this also and Seanpcola nailed it, my ccw just puts me on another damn list on yet another database.

Top Bottom