• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D_Shane

Shooter
    So I'm guessing this lic. Dose not have a number on it That will not go into a computer and that the 21yr old gang banger with no Criminal background he dose not get one right your the guy that dose get one there is no way he could just sell it on the street right because that would be Against the law I mean drugs are against the law and there is no way I could just go to the hood and get them right
    And I'm sure that murder is Illegal and no one dose that right

just saying

From The Deep Woods

My point is, along with the license, as I already stated, deal also with the lax punishments. You are right, the criminals still have the guns. Because the punishment vs reward won't make them stop. Slap on the wrist isn't working. So, murderers get several years, MAYBE life.
    Violent crimes that currently get life--- fry them, gas them, inject them, whatever---death penalty. STOP giving the criminal more rights!! Free up the cells for less violent offenders. Part of the reason they go free is the overcrowding in the prisons, right? Repeated DUI offenders are still driving with licenses revoked...because they are not behind bars. Not behind bars because more violent offenders need to be behind bars. Some of THOSE guys are going free because MORE violent offenders need to be incarcerated. BULL SHIT!!! Stop with the humanity rights our country keeps giving these scum.
    Guy breaks into houses stealing TVs, computers, whatever, and gets probation. Start sentencing them to YEARS in jail, not probation. Empty the violent lifers and there will be room. Murders and rapes will drop when they see the punishments being handed down, as will burglaries, DUI's etc.

How many people do you know, or yourself even, that "poach" deer? Shooting after legal hours(even by 20 minutes), or on side of a road/from a truck, shooting does, out of season, etc. Why do it? What is the punishment? The teens that shot the bucks on Eglin got a damn slap on the wrist. Lost hunting for that season only, small fine. AND they were still hunting even though they were not supposed to be. WHY? Lack of punishment.
    Now, if your "firearms license" was revoked for 5 years--- means NO hunting, NO target shooting, confiscation of your firearms. Not on Eglin alone, Not only in Florida,but nationwide.
    Would you think twice before shooting several bucks on the side of the highway if you knew those were the punishments?

If a DUI cost you your driver's license for 5 YEARS, first offense, meaning NO hardship license( because you need to drive for work), so you 'd have to get a ride from someone, or pay a taxi.

Do you think the 15 year old crack dealer will keep selling when he sees first offense jail time is 10 years? NOT probation(because such a young boy didn't know any better.) Multiple offenses---life. Keep life sentences for NON VIOLENT criminals. Violent ones get the VIP electric roller coaster. The only list the license would put you on would be a NON CRIMINAL list. Not a gun nut list. You need the license to hunt, target shoot, too. Teens would need one to hunt, to show they passed the hunter safety course. They have to show that now to hunt! It doesn't register your guns. Money has to be collected to pay for some of these hunting/shooting programs through the state. AS WELL AS the training classes to handle a firearm safely. I would rather have a license that says I took a class on handling firearms, then have every gun I purchase on a list, wouldn't you? That's the only thing the license would do. Put you on a list of someone that took a firearms course. NOT owning them. NOT carrying them. You took a class that showed you were proficient enough to carry a pistol safely in public. NOT that you were going to be armed at all times with 2 leg holsters, a shoulder rig, a belly band, and one in each pocket.

You took a class. You are not a criminal. Hell, you do the same for a driver's license now. Your kids have to take a class to show they can safely operate a car, doesn't mean they own one. Probably use yours, but they still took the class.

Think about the current gun restrictions, and what you can and cannot have. How long you have to wait, the paperwork you have to fill out. Now do away with all that. NO restrictions. No mass panic for ammo. The only thing is the clerk asks for your ID. Safe as buying beer in a gas station. Have the ID, here you go, have a nice day.
    No ID, sorry, cannot sell the ammo to you. YOU can have firearms ONLINE delivered TO YOUR HOUSE. By sending a copy of your ID to the online store.
    Doesn't even need to be a separate card. An endorsement on your driver's license stating your training level. Level, 1 level 2, Level 3. etc. Hunter only, pistol safe, carry qualified.

You can take the class where everything is offered. Handled the pistol well, and had no issues. Qualified and issued level 3. But you only hunt. Your wife took the same class with you. She too qualified as level 3. But she only hunted 1 year and didn't like it. She still has it on her license.

The wingnut at the range that keeps muzzle sweeping people, cannot buy a pistol, or the ammo, because he cannot safely show he can handle one yet. He gets hunter only. IF he passed the long gun portion. Didn't pass, well next year free class, or next month paid class with private instruction.

Even the liberal dipshit that want to show the media how dangerous an AR is, would have to have taken the class, paid for the license, just to show you. The class would pretty much show them the errors in their arguments when you cannot make the gun go off by itself, and no matter how fast you pull the trigger, you cannot get it to shoot 300 rounds a second. The fore grip does not make it assaulting, and 10,000 rounds of ammo is alot more of a pain in the ass to tote around than you think.

It's not only about the license. It's about punishment as well. Right now, as you said, they already get guns. Why not? Not really any punishment involved.
    By the theory of since they get them anyway, might as well not control them, is the same as saying, since people rape and murder, might as well make them legal. It's the punishment that is wrong, not the control. The license part is more safety control. Teach you proper handling. Teaching you NOT to point the gun at someone else to show how kewl your new laser is. How not to leave your gun on the table for the 5 year old niece to pick up.
    "accidentally" getting someone killed ro shot for your negligence.... goodbye license, hello jail time. I don't care how bad you felt. YOU CAUSED IT! Unintentional shootings can be stopped. THAT is one of the points "they" use to try to control guns. People that have zero training with guns have them. And are a danger. Train them. Minimize the danger.

Selling individually gets the same, check ID. No ID no sale. Get caught selling to someone without the ID? You just lost all your guns and license. How careful would you be to sell to then? That gangbanger might have passed the class. Still tries to sell it on the street, but if he gets caught, well drugs and guns... JAIL TIME. Without drugs, still jail time. If he is a felon that is caught with a gun. BIG jail time. Not a year, not probation. YEARS. Years as in a second time would amount to pretty much life in prison. Violent crime? As in armed robbery included? Refer to top of post for life sentence violent criminals.

Ideally, we wouldn't need ANY restrictions, or licenses for ANYTHING. Cars, hunting, fishing, guns....but humans are irresponsible. Have you every kept more than the limit of fish? Undersized? IF No one did that, we wouldn't need restrictions would we. Then we wouldn't have to pay for a license, which is collecting the money to pay the fish and game warder to monitor your fishing and hunting. But it doesn't work that way. People cheat. A little on this law, a lot on that one. MORE laws will not fix that. MORE restrictions will not fix that. Tougher punishments, however, I think will. But you still have to have a line that has to be crossed in order to get that punishment. That line is a law. That license, that you think is absurd, would keep you from going to jail, because you took the word of the guy you met online that wanted to buy your handgun. He said he was good. Are you willing to bet his word on whether he can be trusted? Or would you rather see an ID that said so.

jakec

Master
    And when they decide to take your gun license away for some retarted reason do they come get your guns till you get you license issue worked out? Look at the brain dead idiots they give a drivers license too. Im sure theyll do better on gun licenses though huh? We cant give them an inch on this. Its scary how some people think even after our government has shown repeatedly how ignorant they are when it comes to gun laws.

jakec

Master
    Illegal aliens can get a drivers license easier than i can. Im sure the gun license dept would be run better though.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    My point is, along with the license, as I already stated, deal also with the lax punishments. You are right, the criminals still have the guns. Because the punishment vs reward won't make them stop. Slap on the wrist isn't working. So, murderers get several years, MAYBE life.
    Violent crimes that currently get life--- fry them, gas them, inject them, whatever---death penalty. STOP giving the criminal more rights!! Free up the cells for less violent offenders. Part of the reason they go free is the overcrowding in the prisons, right? Repeated DUI offenders are still driving with licenses revoked...because they are not behind bars. Not behind bars because more violent offenders need to be behind bars. Some of THOSE guys are going free because MORE violent offenders need to be incarcerated. BULL SHIT!!! Stop with the humanity rights our country keeps giving these scum.
    Guy breaks into houses stealing TVs, computers, whatever, and gets probation. Start sentencing them to YEARS in jail, not probation. Empty the violent lifers and there will be room. Murders and rapes will drop when they see the punishments being handed down, as will burglaries, DUI's etc.

How many people do you know, or yourself even, that "poach" deer? Shooting after legal hours(even by 20 minutes), or on side of a road/from a truck, shooting does, out of season, etc. Why do it? What is the punishment? The teens that shot the bucks on Eglin got a damn slap on the wrist. Lost hunting for that season only, small fine. AND they were still hunting even though they were not supposed to be. WHY? Lack of punishment.
    Now, if your "firearms license" was revoked for 5 years--- means NO hunting, NO target shooting, confiscation of your firearms. Not on Eglin alone, Not only in Florida,but nationwide.
    Would you think twice before shooting several bucks on the side of the highway if you knew those were the punishments?

If a DUI cost you your driver's license for 5 YEARS, first offense, meaning NO hardship license( because you need to drive for work), so you 'd have to get a ride from someone, or pay a taxi.

Do you think the 15 year old crack dealer will keep selling when he sees first offense jail time is 10 years? NOT probation(because such a young boy didn't know any better.) Multiple offenses---life. Keep life sentences for NON VIOLENT criminals. Violent ones get the VIP electric roller coaster. The only list the license would put you on would be a NON CRIMINAL list. Not a gun nut list. You need the license to hunt, target shoot, too. Teens would need one to hunt, to show they passed the hunter safety course. They have to show that now to hunt! It doesn't register your guns. Money has to be collected to pay for some of these hunting/shooting programs through the state. AS WELL AS the training classes to handle a firearm safely. I would rather have a license that says I took a class on handling firearms, then have every gun I purchase on a list, wouldn't you? That's the only thing the license would do. Put you on a list of someone that took a firearms course. NOT owning them. NOT carrying them. You took a class that showed you were proficient enough to carry a pistol safely in public. NOT that you were going to be armed at all times with 2 leg holsters, a shoulder rig, a belly band, and one in each pocket.

You took a class. You are not a criminal. Hell, you do the same for a driver's license now. Your kids have to take a class to show they can safely operate a car, doesn't mean they own one. Probably use yours, but they still took the class.

Think about the current gun restrictions, and what you can and cannot have. How long you have to wait, the paperwork you have to fill out. Now do away with all that. NO restrictions. No mass panic for ammo. The only thing is the clerk asks for your ID. Safe as buying beer in a gas station. Have the ID, here you go, have a nice day.
    No ID, sorry, cannot sell the ammo to you. YOU can have firearms ONLINE delivered TO YOUR HOUSE. By sending a copy of your ID to the online store.
    Doesn't even need to be a separate card. An endorsement on your driver's license stating your training level. Level, 1 level 2, Level 3. etc. Hunter only, pistol safe, carry qualified.

You can take the class where everything is offered. Handled the pistol well, and had no issues. Qualified and issued level 3. But you only hunt. Your wife took the same class with you. She too qualified as level 3. But she only hunted 1 year and didn't like it. She still has it on her license.

The wingnut at the range that keeps muzzle sweeping people, cannot buy a pistol, or the ammo, because he cannot safely show he can handle one yet. He gets hunter only. IF he passed the long gun portion. Didn't pass, well next year free class, or next month paid class with private instruction.

Even the liberal dipshit that want to show the media how dangerous an AR is, would have to have taken the class, paid for the license, just to show you. The class would pretty much show them the errors in their arguments when you cannot make the gun go off by itself, and no matter how fast you pull the trigger, you cannot get it to shoot 300 rounds a second. The fore grip does not make it assaulting, and 10,000 rounds of ammo is alot more of a pain in the ass to tote around than you think.

It's not only about the license. It's about punishment as well. Right now, as you said, they already get guns. Why not? Not really any punishment involved.
    By the theory of since they get them anyway, might as well not control them, is the same as saying, since people rape and murder, might as well make them legal. It's the punishment that is wrong, not the control. The license part is more safety control. Teach you proper handling. Teaching you NOT to point the gun at someone else to show how kewl your new laser is. How not to leave your gun on the table for the 5 year old niece to pick up.
    "accidentally" getting someone killed ro shot for your negligence.... goodbye license, hello jail time. I don't care how bad you felt. YOU CAUSED IT! Unintentional shootings can be stopped. THAT is one of the points "they" use to try to control guns. People that have zero training with guns have them. And are a danger. Train them. Minimize the danger.

Selling individually gets the same, check ID. No ID no sale. Get caught selling to someone without the ID? You just lost all your guns and license. How careful would you be to sell to then? That gangbanger might have passed the class. Still tries to sell it on the street, but if he gets caught, well drugs and guns... JAIL TIME. Without drugs, still jail time. If he is a felon that is caught with a gun. BIG jail time. Not a year, not probation. YEARS. Years as in a second time would amount to pretty much life in prison. Violent crime? As in armed robbery included? Refer to top of post for life sentence violent criminals.

Ideally, we wouldn't need ANY restrictions, or licenses for ANYTHING. Cars, hunting, fishing, guns....but humans are irresponsible. Have you every kept more than the limit of fish? Undersized? IF No one did that, we wouldn't need restrictions would we. Then we wouldn't have to pay for a license, which is collecting the money to pay the fish and game warder to monitor your fishing and hunting. But it doesn't work that way. People cheat. A little on this law, a lot on that one. MORE laws will not fix that. MORE restrictions will not fix that. Tougher punishments, however, I think will. But you still have to have a line that has to be crossed in order to get that punishment. That line is a law. That license, that you think is absurd, would keep you from going to jail, because you took the word of the guy you met online that wanted to buy your handgun. He said he was good. Are you willing to bet his word on whether he can be trusted? Or would you rather see an ID that said so.

I honestly can't tell if you're serious or not. It sounds like you want a more authoritarian government. About the most authoritarian type of government I can think of and have lived under is Sharia law, guess what the penalties are harsh and they still have rape, murder, robbery, theft, gun violence, child molesters, etc.
    I agree in general people are irresponsible, but you don't preemptively restrict/punish 100% of the people for what 2%, 5% or even 95% might do. You can't legislate responsibility any more than you can legislate morality.

Idoono

Master
    I haven't really followed this because in my humble opinion the words "gun owner" and "gun control" should not be in the same sentence. From the little bit I have seen I haven't missed much.

Idoono

Seanpcola

If the judicial system was actually allowed to enforce exsisting gun crime laws you might see the beginning of a favorable change in gun violence statistics. No new laws, restrictions or licensing is going to do a damned thing.

What is really frustrating is the way the whole gun issue is falsely portayed by the MSM and the fact that most people today are no longer equiped with the ability for critical thinking. The statistics they spout are extremely skewed by the few hot spots (Chicago, etc.) but the average citizen swallows the BS hook, line and sinker.

I get into discussions with people on line all the time about this. Their ideas are outrageous and formed by horribly spun fantasy. To hear these people tell it, they're convinced anyone that has posession of a firearm will eventually hurt or kill themselves or someone else. They cannot even imagine being at a range or get together of dozens of enthusiasts without at least one ND. They truly believe this. The misperceptions are wild and rampant.

As for licensing, just another word for registration. Once that's in effect its a sure thing that the goal posts will move into ever tightening restrictions until, guess what? No one will qualify to own a firearm except for maybe family or friends of politicians.

Obamacare will play a part in that. The govt will pick and choose the committees that make thenjudgement calls on mental competency. "So, Mr. John Q Public, our records show that you fell off your bicycle when you were 12 and suffered a slight concusion. Statistics (their statistics) show that these types of injuries tend to aggaravate mental health issues during the course of ones life. So, sorry, no fireamrs license for you. Next. Ms. Jane Public, we found in our records that your maternal grandmother suffered dimentia after the age of 55 and at one time was examined for signs of schizophrenia. I'm sorry, these things can be genetically passed on. No firearms license for you". On and on and on.

Seanpcola

That's the frustrating part. No one trusts the lessons of history. When I mention 1930s Germany I get ridiculed with "no way that can happen nowadays". BS, it would actually be easier. Jewish persecution? Anyone notice Christian persecution going on? There's a lot of similarities between Hitler and the methods of the present, and to a lesser extent, past administrations. What actually makes it worse is that the present generation thinks that all of these social experiments, economic systems and over reaching government control failed because those in the past just "didn't do it right" and "we're much smarter than they were".

MarkS

Master
    No one thought that banning smoking on flights longer than 4 hours would lead to the bans on smoking that are now in place much less the tax hikes on tobacco. Any form of registration will lead down a similar path until gun owners are banned from existence or taxed until only the wealthy can afford to pay for their bodyguards to be licensed. I'm an ex-smoker 9 yr.s but if I hadn't quit the taxes on cigarettes have raised the cost of a pack so high that I couldn't afford to smoke like I use to. If the anti's eve get some form of universal registration enacted it will be the beginning of the end of firearms ownership by the average citizen.

MarkS

Master
    Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it.”
    ― Edmund Burke-- Hitler would have love Common Core as he had his own brand of truth also. Common Core standards are being implemented on a national level, just in time to brainwash a new generation.

redneck

Expert
    A LITTLE GUN HISTORY In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. ------------------------------In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. ------------------------------Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated. ------------------------------China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. ------------------------------Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. ------------------------------Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. ------------------------------Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. -----------------------------Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.. ------------------------------You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information. Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.

From The Deep Woods

Seanpcola

Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it.”
    ― Edmund Burke-- Hitler would have love Common Core as he had his own brand of truth also. Common Core standards are being implemented on a national level, just in time to brainwash a new generation.

One of the many reasons my grandkids all go to private school.

Snow Bird

Master
    I guess it's already been said several times but we have enough rules and regs already. Apply the laws we alreay have on the books.

Seanpcola

True Bird. The point is that all of these politicians aren't so stupid (well, maybe except for Biden, Pelosi and Fienstein) as to.actually believe all this registration,.limit to round count, firearm type, etc. hyperbole will do.anything to stop violence or murder or accidental death. They know damned well what the end game they're playing for is.

Seanpcola

I'm in a mouth running mood and I have one more point to make.

I'll go one more step in to this. It is my personal belief that virtually every politician currently in office is corrupt to one extent to another. A majority of people that get into public sevice are narciccistic, self serving, over ambitious and delusional. It is my opinion that few, if any, truly give a crap about firearm ownership anymore than they give a crap about you and me. Its a vote getter in the right districts and thats also serves by providing face time for them. Don't forget the cash flow from people like Bloomberg. There's no doubt in mind that most of them would prefer not to even be bothered by the issue.

Oh, there's also the.control thing. Its not so much the guns as the idea that we don't hop when they say jump.

Snow Bird

Master
    Ever notice how the gun grabbers get all the air time. The pro gun politicians get next to no air time.

Snow Bird

Master
    I am a beleaver that a ccw should be good in all states that have them. You have a lisence in one state and it's good everywhere. I see one person with alot of posts has'nt put his .02 in yet.

Top Bottom