• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    personally, i think it is the dumbest thing i have heard in a while...

solution to a problem that doesn't exist...

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My honest unfiltered opinion.... I didn't even read through the first paragraph and first thing that popped in my head were 3 letter. Well, you know. Fed
    After reading through all of your post I came to realize that what you have is a great idea. I would invest every penny I had in it and get ready to become the next fortune 500 company. If I were in your shoes I'd borrow and spend as much money as possible and just plan on that moment when your idea goes viral.
    I would wish you good luck but I am certain that you don't need it.

7CD9A8FA-7131-43B8-8F7B-49DE6F56A0DE.jpeg

SouthBound

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know the guy was banned but here is my opinion. I'm a web developer, many of you guys probably know who I am from another forum that I started in Pensacola around 20 years ago. I had to step away from it due to personal reasons, so I lay low now.

Anyway:

1. If it ain't broke don't fix it. It would be hard to get folks who are comfortable on forums and other well known sites to get onboard.
    2. You are using Wordpress with Woocommerce. This will not run very well with more than 100 of so folks on it at a time unless you invent a ton into dedicated servers. Yes, servers... You'll want the database on one server and the web server (Litespeed, Apache Etc) on another.
    3. Again, You are using Wordpress with several plugins (Woo, Classifieds Pro, and several more. The more you have, the more you open your site to vulnerabilities (hacking). You'd have to protect through a WAF or your users data would be at risk of being compromised.
    4. I understood the logo and name as soon as I saw it. Those were the good ol days when you could get whatever you wanted without the risk of taking down your whole network.

Best of luck on your venture but posting on forums to try to pull an audience is not going to end very well for you. That's basically spamming and will be a turn off to most folks and, well, probably get you banned as it did here.

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I know the guy was banned but here is my opinion. I'm a web developer, many of you guys probably know who I am from another forum that I started in Pensacola around 20 years ago. I had to step away from it due to personal reasons, so I lay low now.

Anyway:

1. If it ain't broke don't fix it. It would be hard to get folks who are comfortable on forums and other well known sites to get onboard.
    2. You are using Wordpress with Woocommerce. This will not run very well with more than 100 of so folks on it at a time unless you invent a ton into dedicated servers. Yes, servers... You'll want the database on one server and the web server (Litespeed, Apache Etc) on another.
    3. Again, You are using Wordpress with several plugins (Woo, Classifieds Pro, and several more. The more you have, the more you open your site to vulnerabilities (hacking). You'd have to protect through a WAF or your users data would be at risk of being compromised.
    4. I understood the logo and name as soon as I saw it. Those were the good ol days when you could get whatever you wanted without the risk of taking down your whole network.

Best of luck on your venture but posting on forums to try to pull an audience is not going to end very well for you. That's basically spamming and will be a turn off to most folks and, well, probably get you banned as it did here.
    Damn, GCGF should have kept him around for a little entertainment. I would have loved to see him grow his business into bankruptcy. Still seems like a newly hired, desperate fed, grasping at straws.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Damn, GCGF should have kept him around for a little entertainment. I would have loved to see him grow his business into bankruptcy. Still seems like a newly hired, desperate fed, grasping at straws.
    i could un-ban doode but felt the prudent thing to do was protect our members and the forum. we need more 3 letter goons around here like we all need a "hi-cap" mag ban!

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    i could un-ban doode but felt the prudent thing to do was protect our members and the forum. we need more 3 letter goons around here like we all need a "hi-cap" mag ban!
    Hi cap mag is yesterday's news. 100 round chambers are the new threat. Far more deadly.
    100 rounds in chamber (x) 30 per mag (=) 3000 rounds per mag dump. That's one man with enough firepower to conquer entire countries.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    then along comes the 2barrel guns... each with 100 round chambers and 100 round twin mags, fully semi-automatic....6000 rounds a second.... kills 2 towns completely within 5 minutes max

Gilboa Snake Double Barreled AR15 Rifle​

Arsenal AF2011-A1 Double Barrel .45ACP​

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I didn't read this whole thread, but limiting factors; unless it's strictly local sales, shipping & electronic payments. I'm not the only one on here that lives in a very rural setting, and watch awesome deals pass by everyday because I'm 2-300 miles away & across a state line...
    Edit: now I see where this went! That was actually my very 1st inkling, but as I stated, posted without reading the whole thread...

Top Bottom