• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hick Noward

Expert

“We have never assumed that individuals have an unfettered right to carry weapons in public spaces,” Bybee wrote. “Indeed, we can find no general right to carry arms into the public square for self-defense.”

The 9th Circuit has now decided that there is no constitutional right to carry a gun outside the home for self-protection, placing the court in direct conflict with other circuits and strengthening the chance the Supreme Court will step in and decide the issue, Beck said.

BluesBrother

Master
    Getting SCOUS involved may not be a good thing with Chief Justice roberts on the court. He wants to be noticed by the progressive commies.

FrommerStop

Master
    Getting SCOUS involved may not be a good thing with Chief Justice roberts on the court. He wants to be noticed by the progressive commies.
    The supreme court is always a crap shoot, but the odds favor us.
    There are 3 liberal vs 6 conservatives. True, not all conservatives are 100% patriots and defenders of the constitution. If only roberts bolts to the other side, it is 5-4 our favor we win. If two bolt it gets reversed to 4-5 Bidens favor.
    There is good chance in the nx four years that a conservative will retire and Biden appoint another antigunner. Our chances are better now than later with the current court.
    Our opposition
    1616697462011.png

wildrider666

Master
    We can expect ALL 2A SCOTUS Cases to get WH anti-gun position briefs and more than likely more Left/Dem politician THREATS attempting to sway the Court's Justices with Court Packing or Impeachment. Far Left Media will always try to steer what "they" want to push as Public Opinion from skewed polls and editorial garbage.

M60Gunner

Master
    I posted about this in the wrong section. The stunning part is this was actually a reversal of a previous opposite decision for the same defendant. Gotta wonder who was compromised or threatened.

wildrider666

Master
    ^^^^ That's the difference between a "three judge "Panel's" decision that one party (or the 9th full Courts informal discussion doesn't like: the Decision and Case are then taken up by the entire Court Body with the forcast reversal gaurenteed. Justice's assignments to Panals rotate and every so often 2A related Case falls to Constitutional Justices who make the correct Call. The full 9th always reverses Panel decision they don't like.

fv22

Master
    The supreme court is NOT as right leaning as the media try's to make it out to be. There are 2 solid constitutionalist's, Alito and Thomas. Gorsuch so far seems good although I still am not sure about him but he might in the future turn out to be a good constitutionalist. 3 SOLID leftist communists. Sotomayor, Kagen and Breyer. Then you have Roberts who is NOT right leaning, he is solidly in the center but has shown time and time again that he will always lean where the pressure pushes him which means to the left on major cases.

Then you have Kavanaugh who went through the confirmation from hell due to lies from the left. You would think he should be solidly on the right against the people who put him through such an ordeal but it seems to have gone the other way with him. So far he has not shown conservative leanings in major cases. I think he's afraid they will start in on him again so tries to appease the left as much as possible.

Amy Coney Barrett is the last one of the 3 that President Trump appointed. All the hype around her led us to believe she would be another true conservative voting with Alito, Thomas and Gorsuch, unfortunately that has not happened yet. She seems to be another middle of the road moderate who can be swayed by pressure, opinion and the loss of Washington cocktail party invitations.

What on paper apears to be a 5-4 court leaning towards the constitution is in actuality a 3-3 (leftist vs constitutionalist) with 3 that can go either way, I of which (Roberts) leans more towards the leftists on major cases Making it 3-4 the worng way. The last 2 don't have enough cases to be sure but seem to want to stay in the center as much as possible. They both can go either way but do appear to cave in to leftist pressure. Even 1 of them going to the left will usually make it 5-4 the wrong way.

Needless to say I hate to see any major case go to the supreme court these days because it's real a crap shoot as to if it will go according to the constitution.

FrommerStop

Master
    The supreme court is NOT as right leaning as the media try's to make it out to be. There are 2 solid constitutionalist's, Alito and Thomas. Gorsuch so far seems good although I still am not sure about him but he might in the future turn out to be a good constitutionalist. 3 SOLID leftist communists. Sotomayor, Kagen and Breyer. Then you have Roberts who is NOT right leaning, he is solidly in the center but has shown time and time again that he will always lean where the pressure pushes him which means to the left on major cases.

Then you have Kavanaugh who went through the confirmation from hell due to lies from the left. You would think he should be solidly on the right against the people who put him through such an ordeal but it seems to have gone the other way with him. So far he has not shown conservative leanings in major cases. I think he's afraid they will start in on him again so tries to appease the left as much as possible.

Amy Coney Barrett is the last one of the 3 that President Trump appointed. All the hype around her led us to believe she would be another true conservative voting with Alito, Thomas and Gorsuch, unfortunately that has not happened yet. She seems to be another middle of the road moderate who can be swayed by pressure, opinion and the loss of Washington cocktail party invitations.

What on paper apears to be a 5-4 court leaning towards the constitution is in actuality a 3-3 (leftist vs constitutionalist) with 3 that can go either way, I of which (Roberts) leans more towards the leftists on major cases Making it 3-4 the worng way. The last 2 don't have enough cases to be sure but seem to want to stay in the center as much as possible. They both can go either way but do appear to cave in to leftist pressure. Even 1 of them going to the left will usually make it 5-4 the wrong way.

Needless to say I hate to see any major case go to the supreme court these days because it's real a crap shoot as to if it will go according to the constitution.
    You seem to have a lot of information on Amy Barrett that I can not find. I see her first decision was released recently after several months and does not seem too bad. I can not really find any information on how the new justices will vote on the 2nd amendment. Do have any hard information on that.
    Once a justice gets to the supreme court it seems hard to pressure them to do anything. They have reached the top and will stay there until the retire or die.

WASHINGTON -- Justice Amy Coney Barrett delivered her first Supreme Court majority opinion Thursday, ruling against an environmental group that had sought access to government records.

President Donald Trump's third nominee wrote for a 7-2 court that certain draft documents do not have to be disclosed under the federal Freedom of Information Act. The case was the first one Barrett heard after joining the court in late October, and it took four months for the 11-page opinion to be released. Two liberal justices, Stephen Breyer and Sonia Sotomayor, dissented.

FrommerStop

Master

wildrider666

Master
    I don't want any of the Justices to lean left or right. I simply want them to interpet the Laws and application of it strickly with what was written and what the meaning of the words/text meant and was accepted at the time it was approved by the governing body and the people at that time. Every Case needs to pass Strict Scrutiny for Constitutionality.

FrommerStop

Master
    It seems that for Biden guncontrol is not on the forefront of his plans.
    From press conference:

Remarks by President Biden in Press Conference​

March 25, 2021 • Speeches and Remarks
    And the other problems we’re talking about, from immigration to guns and the other things you mentioned, are long-term problems; they’ve been around a long time. And what we’re going to be able to do, God willing, is now begin, one at a time, to focus on those as well, and — whether it’s immigration or guns or a number of other problems that face the country.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    It seems that for Biden guncontrol is not on the forefront of his plans.
    I didn't watch the whole press conference but one thing I did hear Biden say when asked about guns was him mumbling something about "timing" followed by disjointed rambling about infrastructure. I think maybe he may have gotten his note cards mixed up.

fv22

Master
    You seem to have a lot of information on Amy Barrett that I can not find. I see her first decision was released recently after several months and does not seem too bad. I can not really find any information on how the new justices will vote on the 2nd amendment. Do have any hard information on that.
    Once a justice gets to the supreme court it seems hard to pressure them to do anything. They have reached the top and will stay there until the retire or die.
    I may have been a little hasty in my opinion of Coney Barrett. She has not been involved in enough decisions to really make a determination. Just a feeling I got when she did not stand up for the Texas case which the court refused to hear.

Top Bottom