• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have a fair amount of once shot 9MM brass here from the past few years of shooting. is there need, or before I sit here and sort through it all, is there any trade value there? I have a great deal more than in this picture...
    20210209_135744.jpg

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    There's not a huge need unless there's some new reloaders out there wanting some. The issue is you can't find any primers, projectiles, and powders to reload them. If they were deprimed and tumbled, they'd be worth more. Once fired brass is going for about $0.075/rd on gun broker right now.

Gljazz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Hah. And range buddies laughed at me when I picked up 9mm brass during the “golden days”

There's not a huge need unless there's some new reloaders out there wanting some. The issue is you can't find any primers, projectiles, and powders to reload them. If they were deprimed and tumbled, they'd be worth more. Once fired brass is going for about $0.075/rd on gun broker right now.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One can never tell what the value will be for it. We do not know what is going to happen under the Biden regime relative to ammo. but if you can not buy commercial primers and powder, then the brass irrelevant. It could be they put such a tax on loaded ammo that reloading becomes a good idea or maybe they outlaw 9x19 or or restrict it, but allow revolver ammo sales and reloading components for .38 that can work in a 9mm.

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Wise recycling on 59 in Foley pays $1.40 lb for any kind of brass as of this Tuesday. FWIW, the 5gal buckets I haul it in usually weigh between 48-51 lbs each.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It would be awful useful to have a couple thousand cases on hand for when components come back plentiful and they will.
    I do tend go in for the sky is falling and I hope biden does not do something to make it harder to buy components in the future.
    I am hoping that once the europeans and russians after covid vaccinations get the factories going again, that primers will start enter the usa in large numbers and break the primer shortage. I see remington ammo is on the web and I hope their factory starts making some primers also.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Problem is people are buying up everything and then reselling on gun broker for 10 times what they paid for it at normal pricing.

I saw an 8lb jug of H4350 sell for 1700.00

That's fucking ridiculous.

Primers going for 400-500 for 1k

If people stopped paying those prices they would come down immediately.

Doc

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Problem is people are buying up everything and then reselling on gun broker for 10 times what they paid for it at normal pricing.

I saw an 8lb jug of H4350 sell for 1700.00

That's fucking ridiculous.

Primers going for 400-500 for 1k

If people stopped paying those prices they would come down immediately.

Doc
    Even when the price goes down, I will try to lay in a huge supply of SRP and SPP as will many others. If biden does not put in a repressive law, probably in 18 months primers will go down, but not to what they were.

Top Bottom