• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So, are people just pretending the new rule isn’t in affect?
    Can you post if and when the AFT contacts you?
    I think the rule sucks, however I’m not gonna see if they plan to make an issue!
    Could get real expensive with attorneys fees, etc.?
    Also, not pointing any fingers but been saying that some are selling a lot and it’s gonna mess things up for all! Yeah, they probably would still have done it because those who know, know what the real end game is!

Viper0hr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    LMAO, yeah I'm not cucking myself and throwing away my rights just because the alphabet boys want to trample our freedoms at every turn and try to make up new arbitrary rules on a monthly basis.

Just like the brace rule, they won't do shit. They don't have enough men to enforce any of their rulings, much less this one.

As is it's not law yet anyways, we shall see what happens.

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Pearl harbor day? Hmm. They better not wake the sleeping giant.
    I would normally agree with you, but I have no faith in our "fellow patriots". It's a death of a thousand cuts for the Republic. Us men in the Florida Panhandle might mount a spirited defense, but without assistance, we'll be hung or jailed indefinately as "insurgents."

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Once it is published in the Federal Register it becomes law in 90 days, after the comment period and pending any changes. Hopefully it will be challenged, but it will be law, as I posted back in Nov, will be eff 8 Dec. If I was inclined to make a personal transaction after yesterday, which I am not doing, there sure wouldn’t be any email trail about it. Congress should have acted already to curb the agency as it does not technically have the authority to make law, but I’m certainly not holding my breath. Would seem too reasonable if they can’t make a brace rule they sure as f&@£ shouldn’t be able to rule any sale makes you “engaged in the business” as some sort of underground, shadow FFL. Way past time to “spread out” any sort of former collection. You’d think most folks should also be worried about the fact the country can no longer afford even the interest on the national debt, inflation is through the roof, border is wide open, five major banks have closed and eleven others now have negative outlooks, crime is not just out of control it’s not even taken seriously, etc.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "Legal" is not necessarily Constitutional, but, good enough is good enough. All it takes is "good men" willing to do what they're told. Exactly how/why we have effectively transitioned to full-on democracy instead of a Constituional republic; as founded/intended. 'Bout time we adopt a new flag, I guess...

Imnotbruce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Doesn't this only affect you if you're "in the business of repeatedly selling firearms for profit?" I've never actually sold a gun for more money than the cost of the gun plus transfer fee/background check/gas so I'm just going to keep on like I am. If I'm selling a gun I look at it one of two ways, either cashing out to buy another gun or cashing out to have liquid cash for other things. In my experience buying/selling guns is like buying/selling precious metal, it's a store of value and not an investment.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's a recipe for disaster. The Republic is in it's death throes, the barbarians have breached the walls, cities aflame and our Emperor is having a drunken orgy with the senate.
    Through my lens, the Republic died decades ago. The Constitution that republic was based on is now just rantings/writings of a bunch of old white, racist, males. If I can't google the answer/solution I've created in my own mind, it's conspiracy theory...

What we have now is what the sheeple believe/conceive within the confines of their defeated minds. Just believe, 'cause it's more pleasant than reality.

There are always medications, and supportive groups/organizations that'll help you lie to yourself until the end, and give you a hand/hug when you're feeling pathetic.

I'm sure the next "election" will set it all right, not.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Doesn't this only affect you if you're "in the business of repeatedly selling firearms for profit?" I've never actually sold a gun for more money than the cost of the gun plus transfer fee/background check/gas so I'm just going to keep on like I am. If I'm selling a gun I look at it one of two ways, either cashing out to buy another gun or cashing out to have liquid cash for other things. In my experience buying/selling guns is like buying/selling precious metal, it's a store of value and not an investment.
    Not to mention proper costs for breaking in and testing. Ammo is extremely expensive.

But I don’t sell anything and even if I did I likely overpaid because I wanted it - so I am safe.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I guess it all depends on how far they try and twist it.
    If you bought a gun 30 years ago it's likely worth more than you paid for it like anything else.
    My dad bought a Remington from k Mart in the 70s in the 100 dollar range. They are worth 600-1000 depending on condition.
    So if he sells it, is he engaged in the business? COVID also ramped up value. A gun I purchased in 2018 is now worth 200 more. Am I engaged in the business because I sold a gun I've owned for over 6 years?
    It's enough to make you paranoid but I also don't care to an extent. I may have a higher chance of getting struck by lightning than the ATF beating down my door for something I'm not involved in.

RaySendero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok - The ATF charges you under this new rule, How would they prove you made a Profit?

PS: I know this is a simple question, but I have more.

Last edited:

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Ok - The ATF charges you under this new rule, How would they prove you made a Profit?

PS: I know this is a simple question, but I have more.
    I can think of one instance here that a gun was sold for 300 and listed for 450 the next day with the previous owners same pictures. Lol. That's pretty black and white there.

RaySendero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OK yeah, they can claim you made a profit if they have both the purchase and the sale price.
    They can also claim you made a profit if you tell them what you paid and the sale price, right?

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Once it is published in the Federal Register it becomes law in 90 days, after the comment period and pending any changes. Hopefully it will be challenged, but it will be law, as I posted back in Nov, will be eff 8 Dec. If I was inclined to make a personal transaction after yesterday, which I am not doing, there sure wouldn’t be any email trail about it. Congress should have acted already to curb the agency as it does not technically have the authority to make law, but I’m certainly not holding my breath. Would seem too reasonable if they can’t make a brace rule they sure as f&@£ shouldn’t be able to rule any sale makes you “engaged in the business” as some sort of underground, shadow FFL. Way past time to “spread out” any sort of former collection. You’d think most folks should also be worried about the fact the country can no longer afford even the interest on the national debt, inflation is through the roof, border is wide open, five major banks have closed and eleven others now have negative outlooks, crime is not just out of control it’s not even taken seriously, etc.
    Not a law, only a new regulation. Only Congress can approve changing or making new laws. Now in all fairness we all need to keep on eye on the 2024 Supreme Court case of “Relentless vs. Department of Commerce” which is about “Chevron deference” which is the 1984 law that allows our government agencies to make rules (interpretation) of existing laws. As we all know the civil servants think they know what’s best for us, right? These are the clowns that said a bump stock is a machine gun and a 80% lowers/kits should be serialized because they are weapons. This case has been covered by a few YouTube folks, here’s one of many...

Top Bottom