• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was seriously contemplating getting into this caliber but just checked out a few of my online ammo suppliers, it's about a $1 a round for the cheap stuff! Am I missing something? Is this the norm, why are prices so inflated? I guess I expected this to be competitive with the .223/5.56 .....what's the story? Frank???

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You are correct on the pricing (still cheaper than 7mm,308,ect). I think it is due to there not being the offering of multiple companies competing in this market with diffrent loads,I forsee it comming down some as more mfg's are picking up on the caliber and soon there will be alot more offerings from diffrent companies from what I read...

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Clay, I use the Barnes bullet, copper and it is 26 a 20/ Hornady is 20 a 20, there is cheaper plinking ammo .77 a rd...Federal/balzer and Tula will be coming out w ammo first of 2013. You cannot compare with NATO surplus or cheapo .223 ammo, compare it to the best hunting .223 then you have a comparison. This is a MAN killer rd, several Government are going with it, so the ammo prices will come down very soon. As The Military will tell you the .223 is underpowered, that is why the Marines pushed for this caliber but the Army shot them down, too many guns to retrofit.

Nothing will ever be cheaper than the 7.62x39 or the 223

Top Bottom