• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Haven't been out to the peanut fields in a while due to storms, rain, lightning. Tonight was clear with perfect wind direction. No moon out when I was there. Nearing where I was gonna sit, all of a sudden a hog left the thick woods/brush and stopped at the edge of a peanut field about 20 yards from me. As it looked around, I pushed the ON button on my rifle's thermal; it turns on in about 3-4 seconds. Aimed for the neck and hit the neck...down she went. At the shot, footballs I'd not noticed due to the sow's much bigger size, ran back into the woods/brush, but not far. I could hear them grunting, so I remained still. One ran out to the sow. I thought I could make it out in the thermal heat of the sow and shot. Another ran out to the sow. Again, I thought I could make it out blending in with the heat of the sow and shot. At that shot I could see a chunk of something fly into the air (figured I'd hit the sow again and a chunk of meat/fat/blood had been knocked into the air). Another came out, but about 10 yards from the sow. At that shot I knew it was down, as I could see it via thermal lying there. All is quiet now; no grunting sounds from the woods/brush, but I still waited a little more per Sawman's teaching. The something flying in the air I believe was some milk when the bullet went through the football and into the sow.

Walked up to the sow and shined a light. Indeed I'd shot the 2 footballs that had come back to her. A total kill of 4 hogs and my first confirmed quadruple. I think I got them all. I say AR's are very useful. Hits in the sow's belly are from bullets going through the piglets. You can see where I hit her in the neck.

On my way walking I saw a coyote via thermal coming towards me (wind was in my favor). Waited until it was real close and hit it with a flash light beam. Boy did it swap ends quickly.

5205E02D-C75A-46CC-B55A-FEB17E21EE21.jpeg

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    It's my confirmed record. I had a possible quad before, but didn't find the 4th, only the smell of a rotting hog a couple of days later in thick brush which I chose not to investigate.

The chunk of something that flew into the air was from the back of the left piglet. Look at its back and you can see meat ripped off. A foot or so past the back of the sow I found one of the Barnes 110gr black tip bullets. Went through a piglet, entered sow's belly and exited her back. Found it lying on the ground in the daylight. It is designed to expand at blackout velocities while giving good penetration and is my bullet of choice.

Happy happy farmer and property owner.

72B8A334-7442-452E-A400-82163123E56C_4_5005_c.jpeg
    48383944-2281-4363-A756-F2D87B700CFD_4_5005_c.jpeg

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Great work . I like those barns bullets myself. They hold good group in all the 300 BLK’s I shoot ,bolt guns AR’s or single shots.

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    It's my confirmed record. I had a possible quad before, but didn't find the 4th, only the smell of a rotting hog a couple of days later in thick brush which I chose not to investigate.

The chunk of something that flew into the air was from the back of the left piglet. Look at its back and you can see meat ripped off. A foot or so past the back of the sow I found one of the Barnes 110gr black tip bullets. Went through a piglet, entered sow's belly and exited her back. Found it lying on the ground in the daylight. It is designed to expand at blackout velocities while giving good penetration and is my bullet of choice.

Happy happy farmer and property owner.

View attachment 129773 View attachment 129774
    It makes an impressive advertisement for Barns

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Great work . I like those barns bullets myself. They hold good group in all the 300 BLK’s I shoot ,bolt guns AR’s or single shots.
    I lucked out on the Barnes. American Reloading was selling pulled 110gr blacktips for something like 16 cents each delivered. Bought around 750 of them. Out of 750, only about 7 or so were messed up with gouges from being pulled. The others shot exactly like store bought Barnes in accuracy, velocity, performance, appearance. Then there was the time that Midway was selling them as "discontinued" pretty cheap. They were never discontinued, and I wonder if Midway messed up reducing their price every week until their stock was gone. I had enough of the Barnes that I could use them for practice and not save them just for hunting.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That was a good buy on those bullets. I use the 110 grain Hornady V max for sighting in and practicing. The point of impact at a 100 yards is the same for all practical purposes. and they are much less expensive. I use the barns for deer hunting and pest control .

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Supersonic. Can means I don’t wear hearing protection, doesn’t disturb people, sometimes multiple shots can be taken, sometimes I can hear the bullet hit, and minimizes bothering livestock. Can also means the rifle has a longer length and sometimes hits against something when getting out of Sawman’s buggy or sticking it out of a window in a shooting house.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom