brasshog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Price
    $1350 Cash/$1400 Trade Value
    Item Location
    Pace
    I have a 1919 Cart Gustaf M96 Swedish Mauser chambered in 35 Whelen with a Bold aftermarket trigger. I installed a new Bell & Carlson Medalist stock with full aluminum bedding block and rear pillar, free floated the barrel, had a custom picatinny 0MOA rail built out of stainless steel by Murphy Precision, extra high Burris mounts (so that the bolt just barely clears), and a new Vortex Crossfire II 3-9x50 illuminated scope. The barrel is 18" long and was made by CR Pedersen & Son. The twist appears to be 1 in 14" and it apparently likes Federal 225gr Trophy Bonded Bear Claw ammo. The extractor does not like Federal regular brass for some reason but likes everything else that I have tried at random.

I'm thinning my herd in expectation of my custom rifle coming home soon so I'd rather sell than trade but I'll entertain offers. Local pick up, no felons, and CCW preferred. First "I'll take it" posted with a pm for contact details gets it.

Attachments

• 20230203_163135 (Medium).jpg
      20230203_163135 (Medium).jpg
      186 KB · Views: 159
    • 20230203_163142.jpg
      20230203_163142.jpg
      198.6 KB · Views: 157
    Last edited:

brasshog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    @fl57caveman Thanks man. This rifle was a pawn shop rescue out of Mississippi. It had a broken stock and fore bolt when I got it. It was a lot of work to get her back to hunting condition but it gave me something to do while I was waiting on my next rifle. The price is what I have in it.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    @fl57caveman Thanks man. This rifle was a pawn shop rescue out of Mississippi. It had a broken stock and fore bolt when I got it. It was a lot of work to get her back to hunting condition but it gave me something to do while I was waiting on my next rifle. The price is what I have in it.
    i like the ballistics on this caliber, toyed with the idea of a lever .35 , but can't bring myself to collecting rounds on a new chambering... any ammo to go with it?

brasshog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I don't have any ammo for it. I did load 50 rounds and shoot them through the rifle two weekends ago. I was thinking of reloading a few extra boxes with my buddies dies just to have some spare ammo but changed my mind since I can use the components in my other rifle. It was his Trophy Bonded ammo that I shot the best group with :). I mainly will be loading for my 358 Win that is coming in soon.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    35 Whelen is a cannon....After shooting a 35 REM I thought it would have the same ballistics but ohhh I was wrong. It melted a hole through my 3/8 AR500 steel targets so I had to move it up to my 1/2 inchers!!!! Good looking rifle GLWS!

brasshog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Thanks Jason. My 358 Win shipped yesterday so this will go back in the safe before too long. I offered it without the scope at a lower price since I now need a scope lol.

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Cartridge came about as a way to get almost 375 H&H performance from a standard length ( 30/06 , 8 x 57 ) action . With many milsurp 1903's , Enfield 1917's & Mausers available cheap it was a common rebarrel postwar . 35 Whelen will do 90% of what a 375 H&H will do . Poor mans Alaskan big game gun . 358 Win will do about 90% of what the Whelen will do albeit @ 200yds or less . Both are easily formed from parent cases by sizing cases with a tapered expander to open up necks .

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom