• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scrooge

Marksman
    Florida Carry
    Fighting for All Floridians Rights to Keep and Bear Arms.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Immediate Release:

Second Amendment Rights are under attack in Florida like we have not seen since the 1980's

Florida Carry needs your help!

You see the headlines daily now... Semi-Auto “assault weapon” bans, background checks on everyone, mandatory anger management for anyone who purchases ammo, repeal self-defense immunity, and bills that will result even in the loss of the right to defend yourself in your own home. These are just a few of the bills that we are currently fighting in the Florida Legislature.

Our Florida and federal courts have ruled that you have no right to a concealed carry license, it is only a privilege given at the whim of whoever is in charge of the government. If you carry concealed a handgun, you can currently be arrested for it even if you have a concealed carry license. Then you get to “tell the judge” that you were not breaking the law. You will have the arrest record for life unless you spend thousands of dollars on lawyers to get it removed; a process that usually takes years.

You may not even hold a friend’s rifle as a guest in their home without breaking current Florida law. If you hike in the woods with an exposed gun, if you fail to immediately notice that your shirt came up over your pistol while walking, if you handle a gun on property that is not your own home or place of work… You’re a criminal.

Despite felony laws prohibiting police from keeping registries of gun owners, their intelligence departments are keeping lists of concealed carry licensees. At least one state attorney's office said that this de facto registry was legal when we brought concrete proof of this list to him for prosecution.

The Florida Sheriffs are even fighting a bill that would decriminalize the defensive display of a handgun against someone attacking you or your family. You must currently wait until a situation has spiraled so out of control that you are justified in actually killing an attacker before you can even display a weapon to stop a criminal attack.

Now Florida universities are claiming that they can do what the legislature cannot under our Constitution. Their attorneys now claim that the universities have authority to even prohibit students from storing firearms in their own private vehicles despite state laws allowing it.

Florida Carry is fighting all of this through our lawsuits our legislative work and our public education efforts… We need your help now.

Florida Carry, Inc.
    www.FloridaCarry.org
    Phone: 850-270-7486
    Fax: 678-359-9816

TURTLE

Marksman

That Memorial means nothing when the Constitution means nothing right? Have you seen a single part of the constitution that the President or Liberals care about? Obama even has gone so far as to say "Do not uphold portions of existing imigration laws" That is a DIRECT violation of his command!!! Has ANYONE done anything about that? Fast and furious? Benghazi ? These people are out of control. I would be very scared to have to use my CCW today. You can get arrested if your weapon is accidently spotted. I don't know about all those other things. I go to friends houses all the time to shoot, sometimes with LEO's and never had a problem. I was under the impression you could open carry while fishing , camping, or hunting. Also at YOUR home or YOUR place of business that YOU own, or while in YOUR car. Please ttell me if that is wrong.

CCHGN

Banned
    WOW, the OP-the first paragraph is correct, but the rest is false.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I was under the impression you could open carry while fishing , camping, or hunting. Also at YOUR home or YOUR place of business that YOU own, or while in YOUR car. Please ttell me if that is wrong.

Open carry is NOT okay in your car.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    WOW, the OP-the first paragraph is correct, but the rest is false.

That outfit seems to publish whatever they dreamed up the night before without regard to fact.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    you sure? on your way to and from such event?

He listed car in a totally separate sentence from hunting and fishing. He mentioned it with home and business so I assumed he was not talking hunting, fishing, etc. Yes, I think it is okay to and from hunting and fishing.

The 2007 Florida Statutes

790.25 Lawful ownership, possession, and use of firearms and other weapons.--

(h) A person engaged in fishing, camping, or lawful hunting or going to or returning from a fishing, camping, or lawful hunting expedition;

(j) A person firing weapons for testing or target practice under safe conditions and in a safe place not prohibited by law or going to or from such place;

l) A person traveling by private conveyance when the weapon is securely encased or in a public conveyance when the weapon is securely encased and not in the person's manual possession;

(m) A person while carrying a pistol unloaded and in a secure wrapper, concealed or otherwise, from the place of purchase to his or her home or place of business or to a place of repair or back to his or her home or place of business;

(n) A person possessing arms at his or her home or place of business;

Chapter 790
    790.001 Definitions

(17) "Securely encased" means in a glove compartment, whether or not locked; snapped in a holster; in a gun case, whether or not locked; in a zippered gun case; or in a closed box or container which requires a lid or cover to be opened for access.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom