29% of those polled believe that an Armed Revolution is in America's future...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hossfly72

Marksman
    I'm surprised it's only 29%. Maybe it's just the people with whom I've chosen to associate, but the topic frequently comes up and most seem to agree that something big is happening. A few go into details, but most just go a little blank, like they're looking into the futrue and don't like what they see.

Seanpcola

I'm surprised it's only 29%. Maybe it's just the people with whom I've chosen to associate, but the topic frequently comes up and most seem to agree that something big is happening. A few go into details, but most just go a little blank, like they're looking into the futrue and don't like what they see.

I believe there is a lot more folks that think something big is gonna happen than will admit it. I also think this is a subject that is NOT gonna be talked about in public or on forums. If there was an organized resistance building the participants would be fools to broadcast intentions. My point here is that "go a little blank" thing is more than likely people that understand the seriousness of this situation are clamming up.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Most people live in a fog and have no idea what is "really" happening.

Hunkyfish

Master
    Side of the Highway under the bridge near Freeport
    YES
    To ALL of the comments above

Seanpcola

Most people live in a fog and have no idea what is "really" happening.

Maybe. There is NO doubt that a large percentage do just that but I would imagine that a vast majority of gun owners keep up with current events. In fact, Those percentages expressed in the OP jibe pretty close to firearm ownership.

Last edited:

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Maybe. There is NO doubt that a large percentage do just that but I would imagine that a vast majority of gun owners keep up with current events. In fact, Those percentages expressed in the OP jibe pretty close to firearm ownership.

I don't think so. 300 million firearms and only 3 million NRA members. If the majority was keeping up with current events they would be joining the NRA. Just like voting, they are very complacent. Just like everything else in this country today, the few carrying the load for the many.

HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    Sorry John. I keep up on current events and I'm not a member of the NRA. Matter of fact, the NRA can kiss my dick!

Now the GOA seems to be keeping the faith.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Any group is better than none but the NRA is the one the politicians are afraid of.
    I belong to GOA too.

Hunkyfish

Master

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I am another that does not trust or care about the NRA...BUT, they keep the fight up, without them we would all lose more than we already have. I don't agree with all their agenda BUT I am a member for all of us to fight the good fight. Also a member of GOA but they or no one else has the push or money that the NRA has. love them or hate them if you are not a member you are hurting the cause, your decision but don't cry like a baby or bash the NRA. Just common sense as they are trying to divide us already.

HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    Im with stupid..

Frank, agree with you to a point. Show me a bill that shits on the 2nd amendment and I'll show you a bill that has the NRA's fingerprints on it. Just cause it wasn't as bad as it could have been doesn't make it a "victory" as is so often claimed. Just the tip or the whole thing, either way your still getting fucked........

Last edited:

Hunkyfish

Master
    The links are to the first thing I read this mornin'
    an article about the NAGR (National Association for Gun Rights) outspending the NRA in our fight

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    BUT not as bad as you would have, so like I said, be part of the solution or a part of the problem...they divide us and we are done, toast, fini!

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    And dividing members and money into different pots reduces the effectiveness.

Scrooge

Marksman
    I sure hate to see all the negative comments regarding NRA! They really are our best hope to protect 2A.
    I also am a member of NAGR - they put out a lot of anti-NRA material. I don't understand their motive unless it is to compete for membership dollars.
    I still urge all responsible gun owners to join and support NRA. I'm a Life member and have been a member for 48 years.
    They do far more good than harm! No other entity has the political clout to effectively fight the anti-2A crowd!

Scrooge

Marksman
    And dividing members and money into different pots reduces the effectiveness.

Agreed John, it's a trap that many of our fellow gun community friends seem to be falling for...

Top Bottom