• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Owen

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I am looking for a source of what I call the shoulder stock of a 20MM Oerlikon anti aircraft gun. I've looked at the F/B group, have written to Sarco and IMA. Where else should I try?

Owen

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Not joking. I need some of the parts that the gunner rests his shoulders. I call them stocks.

Grits1/5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Try some VFW posts I think I’ve seen some 20mm on display outside, maybe a post would sell the parts ‍♂️

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    To help darn little their Christian names are Shoulder Rests. :)

Are you looking for these to complete a display or are you looking for these shoulder rests to put on another piece???

Grits1/5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    ha ha ha.. Oh yeah, I smell prison time for someone after that..
    I’ve seriously wondered about the possibility of buying VFW display pieces. There are a lot of VFW posts that have closed down all over the country, and I don’t know if the individual posts own the display pieces, or if they belong to the VFW organization. Or are they on loan? Some pieces look to be pre-ww1, so I doubt they are on loan. And when a post closes down, and the property/building is sold, what happens to the display pieces? Some posts have tanks or helicopters even

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I’ve seriously wondered about the possibility of buying VFW display pieces. There are a lot of VFW posts that have closed down all over the country, and I don’t know if the individual posts own the display pieces, or if they belong to the VFW organization. Or are they on loan? Some pieces look to be pre-ww1, so I doubt they are on loan. And when a post closes down, and the property/building is sold, what happens to the display pieces? Some posts have tanks or helicopters even
    If on loan from the U.S. Government, they go back to the Government. In many cases the VFW has lost the loan paperwork and/or the persons obtaining the loan of equipment in the first place have died so items get "sold" with no authority to do so. Uncle will track you down.

This link will provide an overview and applicable USC one can do further research on if wanted.

https://wvvfw.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Military-Equipment-and-Ammunition-information.pdf

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Not joking. I need some of the parts that the gunner rests his shoulders. I call them stocks.
    Well, forget wanting a BMG- Now I want one of those. :)

That's got be pricy to shoot.

Owen

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The shoulder rests are broken where they engage the receiver of the gun. Hope this helps.

Any Oerlikons on VFW or American Legion property are just like an aircraft or tank, they belong to Uncle. I don't want to become involved with that.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So is this gun to be fireable or just display? And a photo will still help there area couple different version. And it would be cool to see..

Owen

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well if you can get some photos it would be neat. There are variations on these and lots of ways to fix broken parts like this.
    At this time I have only photos of the entire gun in use. I doubt they would be of much use. This is me simulating fire using propane and oxygen.

Attachments

• Owen shooting Oerlikon 1.jpg
      Owen shooting Oerlikon 1.jpg
      321.5 KB · Views: 51
    Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom